shape
carat
color
clarity

Eightstars...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know if Eightstar cuts smaller stones like 0.25?

I already filled out their form online, just wondering if anyone knows. :D

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont know about 8* but whiteflash cuts smaller ACA's that have a reputation for being fireballs.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/26/2003 12:39:48 AM strmrdr wrote:

I dont know about 8* but whiteflash cuts smaller ACA's that have a reputation for being fireballs.
----------------

strmrdr, any idea on the pricing on the ACA melee? I heard so much buzz about these littles...... Are these the same types of stones they use for pave? Like Derekinla's new band, they are absolutely cut to perfection despite their cute sizes. I'm curious....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
List of pricing from WF for ACA Melee...I asked Lesley the same thing about a month or so back:

Size Price

.005 $ 6.25

.007 $ 9.89

.02 $ 24.75

.03 $ 45.50

.05 $ 85.00

.08 $118.00

.10 $148.00

.16/.18 $245.00

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mara I was just searching for the last time someone posted that so you saved me some time. :}

pricescope search will show some in the .20 to .25 range also.
http://www.superbcert.com/ also has some h&a in the .20-.25 range

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info on whiteflash, but I'm really interested in Eightstar. We already have a whiteflash diamond (Actually my husband has one in a ring
1.gif
)

Anyone know about Eightstar?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn't the eightstar stone that Rodentman on DT had around that size? I'm pretty sure it was. Maybe do a search on that site.

When you hear from eightstar, can you post what you find out?

Thanks,
Michelle

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle, I believe RM's Eightstar is a half carat. I will post when I hear from Eightstar.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, yep you're right
1.gif
I just looked and the one he lost was a .51. I bet it was gorgeous!

How would you be setting your eightstar?

Michelle

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, thank you so much for posting that! Very helpful if I ever have the $$$$$ to spend. Do you happen to also have corresponding mm sizes for those ct weights? Just so I have an idea.....

Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No sorry KM...

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle:

It would be for a pendant, but if they don't cut them that small, I doubt I have enough for one right now.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/26/2003 1:49:15 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

Do you happen to also have corresponding mm sizes for those ct weights? ----------------

No idea about those particular H&A cuts; below is the list i've got from my jeweler a couple of months ago for standard cut melee. For these, color grades come within a range (so "E" really means D-F) and clarity is "at least as listed" (so IF to VVS2). The misisng sizes were not available in this high clarity grade at the time, but I should have some smilar lists for E-VS and G-VVS somewhere. Hope this halps...

accents.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/26/2003 2:33:35 PM Jax172 wrote:

Michelle:

It would be for a pendant, but if they don't cut them that small, I doubt I have enough for one right now.
1.gif

----------------

Hey Jax....

Richard at times has stones cut this small.. Many times the smaller stones are from apprentice cutters who are perfecting the cutting process.

Contact Eightstar to see if they have a stone this small right now..

If not you might be offered the option of purchasing a slightly larger stone and having it cut to Eightstar proportions..

With this process you will be paying for the original stone and then the cutting fee involved to recut the stone.

Example would be purchasing a around a .35 rb stone and then having it re-cut to Eightsar proportions. Depending on the original proportions of a purchased diamond it will ultimately have an affect on the recovery on the original weight while re-cutting..With a .35 stone this should put you where you want to be after re-cutting..

Pricey Option, but if you won't settle for anything less than an Eightstar it is an option if they currently do not have a .25 stone cut...

Contact Eightstar or an Eightstar authorized dealer to get specifics. In the past Richard has always been prompt in responding to any emails I had...

wavey.gif

snowball

Rough_Rock
Mara,

What's the color and clarity of the melee on the WF ACA pricelist you posted?

Do you know approx. how many stone will there be on a shared prong eternity band of a size 4.5?

Thanks.

Snowball
5.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/26/2003 3:48:19 PM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:

----------------
On 12/26/2003 2:33:35 PM Jax172 wrote:

Michelle:

1.gif

----------------

Hey Jax....

Richard at times has stones cut this small.. Many times the smaller stones are from apprentice cutters who are perfecting the cutting process.

Contact Eightstar to see if they have a stone this small right now..

If not you might be offered the option of purchasing a slightly larger stone and having it cut to Eightstar proportions..

With this process you will be paying for the original stone and then the cutting fee involved to recut the stone.

Example would be purchasing a around a .35 rb stone and then having it re-cut to Eightsar proportions. Depending on the original proportions of a purchased diamond it will ultimately have an affect on the recovery on the original weight while re-cutting..With a .35 stone this should put you where you want to be after re-cutting..

Pricey Option, but if you won't settle for anything less than an Eightstar it is an option if they currently do not have a .25 stone cut...

Contact Eightstar or an Eightstar authorized dealer to get specifics. In the past Richard has always been prompt in responding to any emails I had...

wavey.gif

----------------

Thanks for the info! I am waiting to hear from them now.
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/26/2003 4:38:34 PM snowball wrote:

Mara,

What's the color and clarity of the melee on the WF ACA pricelist you posted?

Do you know approx. how many stone will there be on a shared prong eternity band of a size 4.5?

Thanks.

Snowball
5.gif

----------------

Talking with Bob Hoskins (DiamonBob) a Whiteflash Rep. on Tuesday he informed me the stones are F or better...

21.gif

In the past the 6 x .10's I ordered were appraised at E color vs1-clarity..

9.gif

Specifics on the number of melee stones can be answered through the manufacturer of a particular setting
wacko.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah they are F or better (e.g. E or F typically I think) and VS clarity.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, Mara. Valeria, that is exactly the size/weight portion I was looking for. At least it will give me a starting point. Thank you for posting that. I think I will save that picture for future reference.
1.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Eightstar does have a 1/4 carat from time to time. They have a 1/3 carat more often and their inventory really starts getting deep at 1/2 carat.

For a pendent I have a I-1 1/2 carat eightstar that really sings, not much money either.

I'm sure there are others so check with your local dealer. Best of luck!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Steve:
I sent you a PM!
Thanks!
Jax

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, we did contact our "local" eightstar jeweler. Which is not local at all, but anyways... He wasn't very helpful. Just said he could call something in but couldn't give us any price until he had it. Nor any price range. But we obviously don't want to have him call something in if there is no chance we can afford it. So the whole conversation was not helpful at all. I am hoping Eightstar themselves can give us more info....

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I replied to your PM, have a great weekend!

Steve

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I sent you an email. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results