shape
carat
color
clarity

Eightstar pricing question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
For those in the know, what would a typical/fair price be for a 1.3ct G/SI1 Eightstar?

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:06:46 AM
Author:ddcobb
For those in the know, what would a typical/fair price be for a 1.3ct G/SI1 Eightstar?
Hi DDcobb,

The 8* price is above all other cut diamonds that I have seen. Here is an example:

I have spoke to the architect of the Eightstar and he gave me a price for a D color SI1 stone .75 carat for $6,800. An ACA branded .75 from Whiteflash is about $3600 for the same quality.

That is much higher than most Hearts and Arrow type stones. Is it any better than an ideal hearts and arrow diamond, I would not think so, but hey, I could be wrong.

Good Luck
MWG

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response.

Anyone else? I know there are several people who deal with 8* on this board and it would be great to hear from 1 or more of you.

Thanks in advance.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it is still the case but I remember reading that dealers are forbidden from discussing pricing as are buyers of 'Eightstar', this restriction is placed by the Eightstar Company. Maybe someone can comment if this is still the case.

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
that is true. We''ve taken a vow of secrecy.

If you are truely interested in an Eightstar diamond, then you shouldn''t be concerned with pricing. Yes, they are a premium stone... but they also perform like no other. Some people can justify the price.... Others can''t and feel that they can get a better deal with a less expensive stone... or feel the need to talk you into diamonds that fall into their budgets. It all depends on what you want to spend.

Best of luck to you.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
N8 is correct.

Here's what GOG has to say about it:

"The final thing I can say about pricing is SHOP APPLES WITH APPLES! If you've decided your going to shoot for an eightstar this is a diamond that can't be compared to anything else out there on the market and demand the highest prices of any diamonds out there. If you're in a store looking at Hearts & Arrows and Hearts on Fire, you can shop comparitively. The one factor people seem to forget about when shopping is comparing apples to apples. Hopefully at this point you realize how important it is to have all the facts. Now ... just to give you some price indicators of New York street prices on things. Let's say we're looking at a diamond that weighs 1.10ct and it lists for 5000 per carat. 1.10 x 5000 = $5,500"

taken from: http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/Pricing/

If you're truly interested in the stone, look for a well respected Eightstar dealer (preferrably one that's PS recommended so you can ask questions about who you're dealing with), and ask them flat-out.

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
Im more interested in selling rather than buying as I have the diamond and didnt know what a fair price would be.

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
Also how does one go about selling an 8* given pricing is secretive and the market is small?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 11:31:47 PM
Author: N8-Star
that is true. We''ve taken a vow of secrecy.

If you are truely interested in an Eightstar diamond, then you shouldn''t be concerned with pricing. Yes, they are a premium stone... but they also perform like no other. Some people can justify the price.... Others can''t and feel that they can get a better deal with a less expensive stone... or feel the need to talk you into diamonds that fall into their budgets. It all depends on what you want to spend.

Best of luck to you.
What? Do they repossess the rock if you spill?
2.gif
20.gif

shay

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shay

I don''t know for sure but I imagine they tell customers how exclusive their cut is and educate them that to keep it that way it is best to keep quiet about the pricing. Just a guess.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, 8* does not reposess the stone.
9.gif
Before making the purchase, they do tell (stress) all about the exclusiveness, precision and performance of the cut. They also ask that the buyer not discuss the price with "outsiders" and this is done on an mutual trust basis. In addition, with the excellent customer service (and sometimes actual contact with the owner of the 8* company), it is very difficult for the buyer to break their word of secrecy.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Your best bet is probably to put the ring on consignment with an eightstar dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results