shape
carat
color
clarity

Eight Prong Rings

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a vintage eight prong setting. Before I do, I’d love to see yours! There are a few 10 year old threads out there, but I’m sure you all have added some to your collections since then. Show me your eight prong settings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8 prong settings are my favorite for a solitaire. Hands down. They emphasize the gorgeous softness of the round and to my eye are an elegant and sophisticated way to go for a round diamond. I think they are the perfect complement to the OEC. Case in point @Niel 's amazing solitaire. :love:

No longer my ring but another example of why 8 prong settings make my heart go pitter patter. It showcases the OEC and allows it to be the star it is.

beawithwb.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your setting! What size diamond will it hold?
Do you think eight prongs would be too much for a two carat ring?

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
QUOTE="Mamabean, post: 4527085, member: 100549"]I LOVE your setting! What size diamond will it hold?
Do you think eight prongs would be too much for a two carat ring?[/QUOTE]
It was listed as 9.5-10MM. That's a lot of diamond! I'm going to have to put some other projects on hold to save for that diamond. In the meantime, I might stick an alternative from August Vintage in it. My old ERing was two - ish carats in an 8 prong setting. It was a much more dainty setting with really tiny prongs so I don't think it was overwhelming. I will have to dig around in my phone and see if I still have a picture.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
6341D747-AD4B-45A7-8F39-94E4C56E51F0.jpeg

The alexandrite is in an 8 prong Rose Gold setting :) it’s lovely but it is a lot of prongs to get caught in your knit wear :eek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
QUOTE="Mamabean, post: 4527085, member: 100549"]I LOVE your setting! What size diamond will it hold?
It was listed as 9.5-10MM. That's a lot of diamond! I'm going to have to put some other projects on hold to save for that diamond. In the meantime, I might stick an alternative from August Vintage in it. My old ERing was two - ish carats in an 8 prong setting. It was a much more dainty setting with really tiny prongs so I don't think it was overwhelming. I will have to dig around in my phone and see if I still have a picture.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! Placing an AV alternative in the setting is a great idea!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, I am not a fan of so many prongs. BTW, Caolsen, what a cool ring-love the Alex with the Asscher.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, I am not a fan of so many prongs. BTW, Caolsen, what a cool ring-love the Alex with the Asscher.
Haha what a Debby downer of a post for this kind of thread.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your setting! What size diamond will it hold?
My 8 prong is a 1.59

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. Here is my 2.25 diamond in a CVB "Olivia" setting with 8 prongs. It actually made the stone look more round.

7791ec271179e28b4168d04930e4cd49.jpg
Beautiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results