shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL TORONTO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Acclaim

Rough_Rock
I live in Toronto and recently brought my AGS 000 stone in for grading and the result was 1 clarity and 1 color better than the AGS certificate. The staffs are extremely patient and courteous. They give the stone Ideal Plus cut. They charged $115 Canadian.

Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase.

The reason I pick EGL is that I did not have to make any appointment. Just show up and ring the bell.

polarnice

Rough_Rock
just a warning, but egl toronto is having problem. only one grader with work experience is in the lab now since five when opened this year and no real/experienced management. i saw a 3.20 ct. rbc from a dealer there that was an easy E, and they gave it D! good deal, but not for the end customer.
wavey.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Polarnice, welcome to the forum.

Could you please tell us a bit more about yourself? You are in the trade but how do we know you are not their competitor?
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends on your market you want to hit.
For the mass market low cost is everything crowd GIA is about it.
Atleast in my area its what every b&m carries and they will only be too happy to bad mouth every thing else.
If your market is cut junkies then ags would be the best because they include the angles to do the comparisons.

Any other cert imho is going to be a tougher sell because you will have to educate the user and with an increasing awareness of scams that will be hard to do if the local b&m's are bad mouthing the cert.

just my 2c ....

polarnice

Rough_Rock
i'm a student right now, but hopefully soon i will be in the trade. Me and my classmates and teachers are interested because our class will be ready to find jobs next year. there is new opportunity for canadians now with canadian diamonds, and there are two new american labs. we have to do comparisons of canadian and american labs and the retail jewellers appraisal business.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Are you polarnice or polarice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results