shape
carat
color
clarity

Effects of medium blue flourescence on a "D" color diamond ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beiberella

Rough_Rock
I''m about to purchase a 0.90 ct "D" color diamond with med. blue flourescence online. I''ve read up on some effects of this, but not sure. Will it give the diamond a oily or hazy look even only medium blue? What are the effects? I would love to see "blue" in it, but not oily or hazy...Can somebody help me with some info? Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t worry!!!
IF fluoro was going to show up oily or hazy (which is very rare) it would be at the strong/very strong level.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How''s the return policy? It''s highly unlikely you''ll have a problem, but if you do, can you send it back?

I LOVE blue fluorescence. I just bought a little F with strong blue fluorescence, and it''s totally cool! It turns purple in the sunlight! Not cloudy, either--just sparkly and glowing. Search for fluorescence (or maybe try searching under the incorrect spelling, flourescence)--there was a good thread a while back where people posted pictures of their glowing purple stones. It really does look like that.

diamond island

Rough_Rock
In general, flour stones have a negative impact on price in the lower color stones and slight positive impact on price in the higher color stones. So expect to pay less than a stone without flour with all else being equal. I stress this is price and not beauty. Also, flour stones will be harder in the future to upgrade, trade in, etc... They are less desired stones by jewelers because they are harder to move. Most if not all of the time, flour will not make a stone oily/cloudy, this is rare. If you want to more into this oily/cloudy issue, you may want to read up on transparency of a stone. I am not an expert about transparency but this also affercts the beauty of a stone, can make a stone look cloudy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results