shape
carat
color
clarity

Educate me please

Rascal77

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a "dance compact". It has no stamp for gold. It was tested by seller using a Niton DXL800 XRF Analyzer. It tested correct for standard molecular composition for 14k gold. I personally tested it myself with acid including a deep rub on a link of the chain. Again it tested 14k. So I'm puzzled as to why it has no gold stamp or hallmarks. The only marks are the number 20 on the inside floor of the box and extremely thin script on the inside rim which reminds me of a mark my watch guy makes inside the case of my pocket watches when he services them. Can anyone tell me what this type of inscription is called and whether there is a database for look up? Also the issue of missing gold stamp. I'm assuming the script is from a jeweler working on the item. Is it possible that the stamp was on a chain link that was replaced. I examined the box thoroughly under magnification but can't find a stamp.:wall:

190822_190010.jpg
20190802_195746.jpg 20190802_195625.jpg

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Can you post more photos, including other side, chain and the end piece

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It is not terribly uncommon for fine jewelry to not have hallmarks; the idea is that the respective marks are a form of damage. I tend to agree...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results