shape
carat
color
clarity

EC Photo Shop Advice to help w Setting 4ct - all suggestions welcome

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All -

I figured it best to start a new thread. I have finally decided on my stone and unfortunately, I am pretty inept with computers and trying to photoshop or visually see some of my visions come to life with the appropriate dimensions. If anyone knows how to do this or can direct me, I would be most appreciative.

I am open to all suggestions and help I can get, as I cannot make a mistake this time. My EC is 10.68 X 7.77 x 5.11

Here are some ideas I have:

1). I am thinking perhaps a milgrain bezel in Platinum ever so fine that hugs the edges on a tilt per se. Also, with a 1.8 shank with tiny diamonds that meet the edges so hardly any metal will show....

2). Dainty, Dainty Halo with diamonds with the cut corners to show and follow the appropriate lines. The halo to be the same width as the band... Set low and with a antique type basket.. The diamond ever so raised above the basket on a tilt so not to look "flat".. I will try and find a photo. I guess I will need prongs, I also love thin clean bezel (raising the diamond above the halo) I prefer a round shank and not tapered. Again, Diamonds to edge of shank

3). Traps. More long North to South (think of Straight Baguettes) but that are traps and tilted... Tiny Claws or Flat folded prongs (think of the 30's era). 1.8 plain band.

4). Straight baguettes set North to South... art deco in my mind but again, on a tilt/slant. Not sure of size but not too skinny and not too wide.. Not bezel, just with tiny prongs.

5). Your suggestions.

Thanks so much!!

I appreciate everyone's help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With such specific ideas, I really would recommend a CAD or at least detailed drawings so you can make sure the vendor has the same vision as you. Who are you planning on using?

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
With such specific ideas, I really would recommend a CAD or at least detailed drawings so you can make sure the vendor has the same vision as you. Who are you planning on using?
Hi. Yes he is happy to do a cad. I was trying to figure out a way to do a photoshop to see my ideas before presenting to him. Adam is doing it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Yes he is happy to do a cad. I was trying to figure out a way to do a photoshop to see my ideas before presenting to him. Adam is doing it.

Those are a LOT of ideas to try to photoshop. I’d offer to try and draw it up on my iPad for you, but I’m not sure I even understand some of the items.

Might I suggest that - for each of your requests - you find pictures that specifically show THAT feature, even a couple of examples if possible, and draw arrows on them pointing to precisely what you like/don’t like. If you do that for each of your requests, it’ll probably give his CAD person a good idea to start with and produce a first round of CADs, from which tweaks can be made as needed once you see it all together.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Those are a LOT of ideas to try to photoshop. I’d offer to try and draw it up on my iPad for you, but I’m not sure I even understand some of the items.

Might I suggest that - for each of your requests - you find pictures that specifically show THAT feature, even a couple of examples if possible, and draw arrows on them pointing to precisely what you like/don’t like. If you do that for each of your requests, it’ll probably give his CAD person a good idea to start with and produce a first round of CADs, from which tweaks can be made as needed once you see it all together.
Yes - thank you so much. I should have done that to begin with. Is there a place I should look at to try and do it myself? I think Adam will tweek one design - I'm not sure he would for a couple...Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
15F500B5-A0C7-4AD4-8B02-FD77EED82B11.jpeg 88CD70B4-5D39-4DDC-85F0-6ECBA6F28EC7.jpeg 2803B1B6-0CD0-42BC-AAA8-DCE3BA8C7ABE.jpeg 55D46A10-D1E3-43D7-8B7F-35D37B515492.jpeg C5B8DDA4-3B44-46DC-B40B-79BB1CAB20C7.jpeg

. Hi the_mother_thing. I’m attaching some inspirational ideas.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I wish you luck - CAD, photo shop, pencil... either way you shack a stick, I can’t draw stick people o_Oo_Oo_O who don’t look like lunatics.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I wish you luck - CAD, photo shop, pencil... either way you shack a stick, I can’t draw stick people o_Oo_Oo_O who don’t look like lunatics.
Lol. I’m the worst! Thanks so much!!! XO

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
:mrgreen: 84954E95-1AA3-457F-A354-2A61B786821E.jpeg
2 out of 3?
I really love how it’s so old world looking. And the detail while still being simple. Where did you see that. It’s beautiful.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam as in OWD?
In reading your request, and seeing your inspo pics, I suggest you going to CVB, that Adam collaborates with anyways.
If not - I strongly suggest you see some end result examples of what his CAD group and benches produce before going forward, to see for yourself they and your vision mesh well.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
You guys beat me to it! LOL!
It is even more spectacular in person! I'll get some better hand shots later today or tomorrow.
I was so lucky to win this setting. David and Amy's work is spectacular! I cannot recommend them enough!
ETA: The original ring was simple with the EC center and the baguettes you see on the sides.
EC Reset kitchen.JPG EC Reset Bath.JPG

Hey @Emeraldcutlover did you see this thread? This setting (diamonds as opposed to sapphires) seems to fit quite a few of the ideas you set out. And it is AMAZING BLING!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
55D3CD3E-AFDF-49E4-90A8-5AC2D6EFB922.jpeg
Hey @Emeraldcutlover did you see this thread? This setting (diamonds as opposed to sapphires) seems to fit quite a few of the ideas you set out. And it is AMAZING BLING!
Hi @caolsen I LOVE the sapphire halo! Dainty like that as well. My husband doesn’t like it though. UGH. I would do that in a second. Here was one I tried on... I do not care for this thickness but you can get the idea..

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Adam as in OWD?
In reading your request, and seeing your inspo pics, I suggest you going to CVB, that Adam collaborates with anyways.
If not - I strongly suggest you see some end result examples of what his CAD group and benches produce before going forward, to see for yourself they and your vision mesh well.
hi @Rfisher- yes he actually said the same thing. Thank you so much. Her settings are spectacular. Unfortunately not many EC ones to see....

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
55D3CD3E-AFDF-49E4-90A8-5AC2D6EFB922.jpeg
Hi @caolsen I LOVE the sapphire halo! Dainty like that as well. My husband doesn’t like it though. UGH. I would do that in a second. Here was one I tried on... I do not care for this thickness but you can get the idea..

Get that you don’t want colored stones but thought that the approach suited your needs. You’re going to have to go with a series of iterative CADs to get the exact look you’re after, I suspect.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, not sure why the Pinterest link doesn’t take you to the correct item.
Alternatively, you can go to langantiques directly and type in the item # in the search box. Item number (include the dashes) is 30-1-7144. Description is 5.5 carat beryl and diamond ring.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
3A0ABE5B-706A-4ED8-93C4-51DDB16D2DCE.jpeg

To throw something totally different into the mix, how do you feel about a really quite strong Architectural settings?

Personally lots of meleé or white, bling halos on EC’s don’t ‘do it for me’. While my EC has some .1 pointers set into the bezel I would not call it a halo; they sit below the bezel and are there to fill the space created by the bezel step to the band.

And really white stones around the EC might create contrast where any body color does show, which you seem keen to avoid.

This is on Lang’s page new items page #10-1-12073

Center stone is much smaller than yours but I adore this architectural approach with EC stones.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi @Rfisher- yes he actually said the same thing. Thank you so much. Her settings are spectacular. Unfortunately not many EC ones to see....

If I were you- I wouldn’t be concerned about net seeing the exact/similar shape you have in her examples. It’s the style and execution you are looking at. Plus ask her for those examples. There’s no reason to think all she’s done is going to be readily evident on her Insta and Etsy.

Hope to see you continue to detail your progress here, no matter who you choose. Always interesting to see!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Get that you don’t want colored stones but thought that the approach suited your needs. You’re going to have to go with a series of iterative CADs to get the exact look you’re after, I suspect.
No. I love it and it does suit my needs! It just doesn’t my husband’s. Lol. And he is always so supportive. Therefore, I figured I should at least take his opinion into consideration. Plus, I have my sapphire and diamond cluster ring. So he doesn’t see the point in adding color to this as well.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, not sure why the Pinterest link doesn’t take you to the correct item.
Alternatively, you can go to langantiques directly and type in the item # in the search box. Item number (include the dashes) is 30-1-7144. Description is 5.5 carat beryl and diamond ring.
Ok. Will do. Thank you again!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
3A0ABE5B-706A-4ED8-93C4-51DDB16D2DCE.jpeg

To throw something totally different into the mix, how do you feel about a really quite strong Architectural settings?

Personally lots of meleé or white, bling halos on EC’s don’t ‘do it for me’. While my EC has some .1 pointers set into the bezel I would not call it a halo; they sit below the bezel and are there to fill the space created by the bezel step to the band.

And really white stones around the EC might create contrast where any body color does show, which you seem keen to avoid.

This is on Lang’s page new items page #10-1-12073

Center stone is much smaller than yours but I adore this architectural approach with EC stones.
Thank you @caolsen. I love Art Deco (that’s what that reminds me of)! I think I need to stick w simple for now and I just had the 5 stone LM setting and want to do something different. In my budget. That wouldn’t be in it though. Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: AV_

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would also echo that. I think that it may be your best bet. I have done three custom projects with Adam at OWD and I think he's awesome, but they have been much simpler. One was a bezel pendant, another a bezel with milgrain ring, and then my three stone with floral gallery ring. He does nice claw prongs and I like his milgrain, but compared to what his usual settings are and the OWD stock settings if you will that they offer to customize, you want something a lot more detailed.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I would also echo that. I think that it may be your best bet. I have done three custom projects with Adam at OWD and I think he's awesome, but they have been much simpler. One was a bezel pendant, another a bezel with milgrain ring, and then my three stone with floral gallery ring. He does nice claw prongs and I like his milgrain, but compared to what his usual settings are and the OWD stock settings if you will that they offer to customize, you want something a lot more detailed.
Hi @elizat can you show me photos of those pieces? Thank you again. I think we are leaning towards a halo and not too complicated. I like simple. I think I prefer a bezeled halo but he thinks a prong set one is best. ? CV is so beautiful but soooo expensive and if I go for a straight forward piece- It will be a waste to spend a lot more. Thank you for your help. I appreciate your help!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hi @elizat can you show me photos of those pieces? Thank you again. I think we are leaning towards a halo and not too complicated. I like simple. I think I prefer a bezeled halo but he thinks a prong set one is best. ? CV is so beautiful but soooo expensive and if I go for a straight forward piece- It will be a waste to spend a lot more. Thank you for your help. I appreciate your help!

Sure. My photos aren't the best, but the three stone is the most detailed.

Here is Adam's IG video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQMa_aAkWC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jfjkw6hoc83u IMG_20181123_081920415_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181126_084817805.jpg IMG_20181126_180549557.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Oh- and his prongs are really very nice. I was wanting a three stone bezel and he convinced me to go prongs. I don't regret it. They also let a ton of light in versus a bezel possibly closing it in. His bench's ring is actually one of my most comfortable bands too. The other super comfortable band is Diamonds by Lauren that I have. Hope that helps. You can't go wrong with your stone- will be beautiful no matter what you do!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh- and his prongs are really very nice. I was wanting a three stone bezel and he convinced me to go prongs. I don't regret it. They also let a ton of light in versus a bezel possibly closing it in. His bench's ring is actually one of my most comfortable bands too. The other super comfortable band is Diamonds by Lauren that I have. Hope that helps. You can't go wrong with your stone- will be beautiful no matter what you do!
@elizat Thank you for all those photos and videos! That was so helpful and they did come out beautiful! Ok- I was leaning towards a bezel but maybe I will do the prongs. He sent me this also...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results