shape
carat
color
clarity

EC Ering question - carats or color????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alibi

Rough_Rock
Newbie here, and I need your expertise!
33.gif

I accidentally posted this in "Show me the Ring" yesterday by mistake, so here goes, Take 2!

Okay, SO and I are looking at rings, and I''ve hit a brick wall when it comes to making a decision. I am torn between a two loves, and I need your help!!! Here''s the run down:

1.63 ct. I VS1 GIA EC
(med fluorescence, which actually makes it appear whiter)
in a diamond split shank setting

OR

1 ct. E VS1 GIA EC
3 stone with .4 EC''s on the sides (1.8 ctw.)

Both rings are beautiful, but of course the E is clean like nobody''s business. SO''s budget won''t let us go up too much higher without coming down in color, but the I is beautiful too, just not as bright as the E, but it looks closer to the 2 ct. range. So do I go for size or color? Which is the better value? I''ve seen both GIA certs, I don''t have the other specs b/c I didn''t write them down, but both have nice cuts. I''ve attached pics so you get an idea of the 2 rings. Soooo - what''s a girl to do?

alibi shoice #2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi alibi.

Your file doesn't work for me, so if you could post the proportions of each diamond from the GIA reports, we could give you some idea of the cut qualities of each diamond.

ETA - missed that they are emerald cuts, in that case detailed pictures and an ASET image would be the most useful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post the information on the GIA certs (table, crown, girdle, etc). Pictures would also be extremely helpful (a close up).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei,
It sounds like the ECs are already set with sidestones and all, hence I think it''s a B&M which probably doesn''t do any ASET pictures.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2008 12:08:14 PM
Author: Chrono
Lorelei,
It sounds like the ECs are already set with sidestones and all, hence I think it's a B&M which probably doesn't do any ASET pictures.
Oh right, alibi will have to choose by some numbers, colour grades and her eyes then! Fanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are always welcome.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2008 12:19:41 PM
Author: Chrono
You are always welcome.
1.gif
* CURTSEYS*
35.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results