shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebola: Do you support mandatory quarantine?

Do you support mandatory quarantine?

• Yes, for ALL travelers from affected countries

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Yes, but only for persons who had contact with Ebola victims

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • No, I do not support any mandatory quarantine

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vivian-norris-de-montaigu/what-you-are-not-hearing_b_6109900.html

This quote puts the ebola fears into perspective: There is NO one size fits all, and that is the rationale behind the quarantine, which I agree with.
...Tulane's Dr. Lina Moses, who has been on the front lines of some of the most cutting edge research to date.

Dr. Moses confirmed that, "Sub-Saharan Africa is the most genetically diverse region in the world." The rates of susceptibility and not only whether or not someone becomes ill, but also whether or not they live or die, or even display symptoms, varies widely. The genetics of both this deadly strain of Ebola itself, and of the populations living in the affected areas, are at the forefront of the efforts by Dr. Moses as she works with Dr.Pardis Sabeti at Harvard to provide samples for genome sequencing. As they were already on site due to earlier research on Lassa fever, Dr. Sabeti's Lab was well-placed to collect samples as soon as the outbreak hit in order to focus on Ebola. ...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1415340345|3778990 said:
I understand that most people quarantined aren't sick and that with proper self-monitoring they could go about their daily lives and even if they were sick, would figure it out before they were contagious. BUT that relies on people actually doing what they're supposed to, when they're supposed to. And I don't have that much faith in people.

Ebola is highly survivable in the US with timely treatment. Why wouldn't someone report immediately? Their life is in jeopardy without medical intervention, and with it, they are virtually assured a good outcome in the US.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results