shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay Sellers Adina aka Empire Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pickaroe

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m new here.

I bet you get this question often. I''m looking at a few rings on ebay that I may be interested in but I''m not familiar with the seller. I''ve bought jewelry from Dover Jewelry on ebay, but that''s about it.

Adina seems to have excellent feedback but I would like to hear reviews from someone that has used them.

http://myworld.ebay.com/adina/

4.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wouldn''t buy from any of the Ebay diamond vendors.
14.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I have looked at their rings but I never bought from them. I bought some great diamond earrings from Dimka (was Hampton Estate Buyers, now Oakgem), and a big solitaire ring from Deena that does business as 5th Avenue Jewels, I believe is the name. Adina has had a lot of interesting things but their diamonds tend to be J/K color and not ideal cut. Better deals might be had on solitaires, I think. Empire also has another eBay ID, maybe Empire 26?

Dimka, on the other hand, no pun intended ;-) seriously needs to get a better camera setup b/c their stuff is gorgeous in person but looks dead and lifeless in the photos. I could never have gotten that deal on earrings here, and since they are vintage, they are even more special. I keep scoping for another deal like that but have never found anything comparable for that low.

If it's a personal ring for you, then I might say try it. But for an e-ring, I'd probably recommend one of the PS vendors.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
HVVS: So, you saw dimka''s stuff in person? I like their listings but am too hesitant to buy antique stuff on ebay...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 10:27:08 PM
Author: mufiin_top
HVVS: So, you saw dimka''s stuff in person? I like their listings but am too hesitant to buy antique stuff on ebay...

The only reasonable jewellery or diamond purchases on ebay are the vintage or antique pieces.
It''s the modern stuff which is 99% dodgy or over priced.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 3:07:08 AM
Author: arjunajane

HVVS: So, you saw dimka's stuff in person? I like their listings but am too hesitant to buy antique stuff on ebay...

The only reasonable jewellery or diamond purchases on ebay are the vintage or antique pieces.

It's the modern stuff which is 99% dodgy or over priced.

Many jewelry stores sell dodgy stuff that all come from the same manufacturers, for a really high markup. If you want to buy something mass produced and already know the exact piece you want, ebay is a pretty good way to go.

I'm sorry, is that ratty of me?

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
HVVS: So, you saw dimka''s stuff in person?

Just the earrings that I bought, actually in person. They looked ''way better than in their pics. They''re not here, so I can''t post a pic. There are a couple of Dimka rings that have been offered there before but didn''t sell. They apparently sent them out for EGL cert, and they did get a newer camera, and those rings already look better than in the first pics, but it still isn''t superb photography. The earrings, I did not have appraised since I didn''t have what I considered a lot of money tied up in them. Price was lower than average for similar things on eBay.

The Deena ring also looks far different (better) than it did in the auction pics. I also don''t have it here for pics. I didn''t have it officially appraised but a GIA jeweler friend examined it, took measurements, gave me an estimated grade and weight for the stone in its platinum setting and said she''d call it as-described. It''s actually a little too large to wear in this locale, but it''s a pretty ring. Price paid was good for the quality & ct. wt. It''s older, not a modern H&A diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results