shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay score! OEC Ring

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I recently won this gorgeous antique ring on ebay. It was one of those deals where the pictures where terrible, so I wasn't too sure of exactly what was gonna show up in the mail. But I was hugely pleased to find a beautiful 60 point OEC in a milgrain bezel setting. Just thought I'd share a few photos.

SAM_1234.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock

SAM_1238.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock

SAM_1224.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock

SAM_1208.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock
#5 - Last one. The person I bought it from knew none of the specifics, including the age of the ring. It has a little warmth, probably a J-K color and I'd say an SI1 clarity. Overall a super bargain for what I got! :)

SAM_1227.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it's purdy and so blingy! From that bottom picture I'd say the cut looks more like a modern round brilliant. Do you see OEC characteristics in real life? Congratulations on your awesome find!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1311792736|2978175 said:
Oh, it's purdy and so blingy! From that bottom picture I'd say the cut looks more like a modern round brilliant. Do you see OEC characteristics in real life? Congratulations on your awesome find!

You think so? Now I'm second guessing. It has a large crown and small table. The facets aren't quite as chunky as some OECs and OMCs that I've seen, but it's not the standard round brilliant to me. My knowledge is only amatuer though!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I can see the high crown, but what I can see from the pic the facet pattern looks round brilliant. I think it was cut after WWII. Would love to see more pics though! It's pretty whatever it is!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you might be right on that. My guess on the age of the setting is about mid 40s-mid 50. So that would make sense. There is difference between the older round brilliants and the newer ones, yes? I had a similar sized modern round brilliant that looked markedly different from this stone. I'm not disappointed either way. I was expecting a smaller stone, so I'm pleased. I'll see if I can get some other pics.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!!!!! I love the bezel holding the center diamond and the setting is just stunning. The center diamond does look more like a modern RB cut from the pics.....but who cares! That is a seriously beautiful ring.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Wow very pretty. Nice find. :appl:

I also see the high crown but it looks like an early RB to me..?

Nice score though!

stci

Ideal_Rock
First time I see a setting like this! So beautiful and unique! Congrats!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Pretty!!! :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! It looks vintage and modern at the same time. I guess that makes it timeless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results