shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay - recommended vendors for antique stones?

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I'm helping my sister pick out an antique stone and/or ring; trying to stick with an approx. $3k budget for a 1+ ct OEC or antique cushion, J/K/L color, preferably eye-clean lower clarity to help maximize the carat weight. Since the budget is relatively tight I'm hoping that someone will have some good recommendations for a trusted eBay vendor? I know that some of you work magic in finding amazing stones at great prices (@Niel !) so figured I would check here for any recommendations. Thank you!!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Not an eBay vendor but Alex Park from @ParksFineGroup always has amazing deals on Instagram! The budget seems right for his deals, but you have to snag his stones fast.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Not an eBay vendor but Alex Park from @ParksFineGroup always has amazing deals on Instagram! The budget seems right for his deals, but you have to snag his stones fast.

Thank you! And haha yes he does -- my sister would definitely buy from him, but I don't know how we would beat out his hordes of followers to get to the stone first!! It is crazy.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And haha yes he does -- my sister would definitely buy from him, but I don't know how we would beat out his hordes of followers to get to the stone first!! It is crazy.

If you get notified about his posts then you can buy them! It's the only way I ever found to see stones before they sold.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
If you get notified about his posts then you can buy them! It's the only way I ever found to see stones before they sold.

That's true - I did delete the Instagram app from my phone recently, but I guess I could put it back again for a worthy cause... :D

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I'm helping my sister pick out an antique stone and/or ring; trying to stick with an approx. $3k budget for a 1+ ct OEC or antique cushion, J/K/L color, preferably eye-clean lower clarity to help maximize the carat weight. Since the budget is relatively tight I'm hoping that someone will have some good recommendations for a trusted eBay vendor? I know that some of you work magic in finding amazing stones at great prices (@Niel !) so figured I would check here for any recommendations. Thank you!!

Does it have to be eBay? Old World Diamonds has a ton of antique stones within that price range, and if you call them they can tell you exactly which ones are best! They’ll even ship it to you for inspection and allow you to send it back if you don’t like it, so it’s risk free. This is just a small sample of what I searched just now:

C129DAF5-E623-47A6-8A3E-F97A9D4A6322.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would recommend Ivy & Rose. They have a website and are on eBay as “myDiamondzone”.
They have loose diamonds as well as vintage / antique rings AND offer a range of new but in the Art Nouveau/ Art Deco style settings. They have a few lovely ring under $3,000. I particularly like this one. But check out the website. They are a recommended PS vendor, many of us have bought either their pre loved antique items (I’ve made 3 purchases) or used one of their beautiful settings. 772E82B5-5FE7-4DF8-9AAD-08F6D51CAD50.jpeg

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Does it have to be eBay? Old World Diamonds has a ton of antique stones within that price range, and if you call them they can tell you exactly which ones are best! They’ll even ship it to you for inspection and allow you to send it back if you don’t like it, so it’s risk free. This is just a small sample of what I searched just now:

Thank you! I had been thinking that eBay would be the cheapest option, but those are good prices and I've heard lots of great things about OWD. I will make sure she checks those!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I would recommend Ivy & Rose. They have a website and are on eBay as “myDiamondzone”.
They have loose diamonds as well as vintage / antique rings AND offer a range of new but in the Art Nouveau/ Art Deco style settings. They have a few lovely ring under $3,000. I particularly like this one. But check out the website. They are a recommended PS vendor, many of us have bought either their pre loved antique items (I’ve made 3 purchases) or used one of their beautiful settings. 772E82B5-5FE7-4DF8-9AAD-08F6D51CAD50.jpeg

That is beautiful (and happens to be her size!) - under $3k would be awesome for the entire ring, so I will definitely make sure she is looking there as well.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I had been thinking that eBay would be the cheapest option, but those are good prices and I've heard lots of great things about OWD. I will make sure she checks those!

Have her call and ask for Adam. He’s great, and she might as well get expert eyes on the options so she knows she’s getting the best performer for the price!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased from Adam at OWD and he was very good about working with my budget. I have also purchased from Alex at PFG. I inquired about a stone noted as “hold” on IG and he messaged back with a similar stone. Don’t know if this is the norm or not, but worth a shot if you see something you really like on IG and missed out on.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock

Oh yes how could I forget about Adam? I almost got my stone for him and he's just the greatest. Very sweet and informative, and willing to work with you on your budget. Since your sister doesn't mind lower color OMC/OEC she should be able to maximize the size a lot.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a note about eBay. they really suck for sellers- especially reputable sellers.
eBay is charging 10% commission up to $2500 sell price- that's got to come from somewhere.....and generally, it's the buyer
So if you're looking at eBay, make sure to see if you can deal directly with a seller ( providing they have a good reputation) Of course, lacking a good reputation, why buy from them anyway.,....

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Just a note about eBay. they really suck for sellers- especially reputable sellers.
eBay is charging 10% commission up to $2500 sell price- that's got to come from somewhere.....and generally, it's the buyer
So if you're looking at eBay, make sure to see if you can deal directly with a seller ( providing they have a good reputation) Of course, lacking a good reputation, why buy from them anyway.,....

Ah - that is good insight, thanks very much!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

Their prices on eBay are now higher than on Etsy.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their prices on eBay are now higher than on Etsy.

I expect that’s due to the fees ebay charges them. Etsy charges fees too but they are less than eBay seller fees. I think it best to go direct to their website and buy there. That’s what I did, I used PayPal to pay and had no problems with them or receiving my items here in Australia.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I’d second this option. Although I’m biased - it’s where I got my diamond! They have great prices and just added a ton to their selection recently. I think the ring that was shared is very pretty.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
eBay is still the wild west. When I buy something from eBay I keep in mind how I would feel if I got scammed or did not get what I purchased. Personally, I do not buy expensive items from eBay.

I think some others posters on this thread have given you good vendors and I would think there are some PS vendors who could help you. Buying diamonds falls into the age-old adage......you get what you pay for.
Good luck.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check Loupetroop

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't see much on his Instagram, does he have a website that shows everything?

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I don't see much on his Instagram, does he have a website that shows everything?

Not to my knowledge...he posts frequently on Instagram and they're usually very good deals so they get snapped up quickly. I know he will also help source stones if you message him with exactly what you're looking for in terms of specs and budget.

H

Horsegirl76

I’d second this option. Although I’m biased - it’s where I got my diamond! They have great prices and just added a ton to their selection recently. I think the ring that was shared is very pretty.

OP if you want to buy something from this vendor visit their website directly as the prices are higher on eBay due to recent changes. FWIW I think they are a great and well priced vendor with a lot of variety and flexibility.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results