shape
carat
color
clarity

ebay OMB + 6 jbEG Transitionals = BGD Rose/Platinum DBTY

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
So this is a necklace project that has been almost two years in the making. I worked really hard in 2010/early 2011 to receive a national award for my business and I won it in October 2011. And since a lot of my jewelry was purchased for a special occasion, or on a trip, I wanted to have something to represent my achievement.

I found this great stone on eBay and posted my success here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-to-gypsy-now-how-to-set.168475/#post-3066116
Summary on stone: GIA M VS1 Old Mine Brilliant .73 carats, small chip on girdle (so I knew bezeling was a must)

Well you know projects take time and a budget so I sat on the stone until January when I started looking for something to do with it. A client had given me these amazing rose gold hoops for Christmas that are extruded and are super-light and I love them (I've since bought the white gold pair). Alas, I had nothing to wear with the rose gold hoops so enter the thought of a rose gold piece to go with them. The more I thought about it the more I thought a necklace would be good, so I went in the DBTY route. I wanted to do the center stone larger and complimenting stones in a smaller size, like a diamond pendant with a little oomfph!

I had checked with a couple of vendors and was really undecided about whether to do regular modern cut diamonds for the smaller stones. I'd watched jbEG for their parcels and they listed one in February/March of ten or twelve transitionals. I contacted Grace (who is, as everyone reports, a really great lady to work with), told her what I was doing and she thought the transitionals would be good with the center stone.

The first week of May I ordered them and when they arrived I was so happy with how they all looked together. (photo below).

I contacted Jamie at BGD to get info on a DBTY with either rose bezels and platinum chain or platinum bezels and rose chain. They said they'd look once they got the stones, so off they went. After review, BGD thought that the rose bezels would bring out a lot of body color in the center stone, and they suggested platinum bezels and a rose chain.

So I ordered. :)) They made a 21" chain but I asked for a one-inch extender to wear the chain a little longer based on the shirt I was wearing. All in all it's 22", with a single .73 carat in the middle, and three .15 stones set two inches apart on either side of the center stone. The bezels are milgrain.

I am really thrilled with it and wanted to share.

img_1005.jpg

img_1006.jpg

briangavin_bezels_acoles2b_0.jpg

img_1007.jpg

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
And here are the neck shots.
Purple shirt is one I can wear with the longer length.
White shirt is a polo shirt that I wear to work with my business logo on it.

anne_neck_shot.jpg

img_1008.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look of it, especially w/ the milgraining on the bezels! They all look lovely together! :))

BTW, we are doing a GTG next month--if you are interested, please contact Yenny!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
It is STUNNING! I like to combo of platinum and rose. :) Very nice.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations (very belatedly) on your award!!! Your DBTY is *beautiful* :bigsmile:

I really like the combo of white bezels and RG chain. I think it makes it look more like a "rose gold piece" and the white bezels make the stones look bigger from afar - always a bonus! I like that you made the center significantly bigger, too :sun:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow... this is seriously stunning!!! I love everything about it -the transitionals, the rose gold, the milgrain, the bigger center stone :love: :love: :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love this necklace! The photo in the white shirt is my favorite -- the necklace looks so delicate, yet has a solid presence. Awesome project!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Beautiful!! The length(s) are perfect!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your business achievement!! And wow! :love: what a fantastic reward!! Gorgeous diamonds and workmanship :appl: two favorite vendors working together to create such a fantastic dbty! The length is perfect no matter which length you have it at :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :appl: Looks great on you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! I love it!!!

MomInstyle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your accomplishments and new gorgeous necklace! What a great piece to make your success! Enjoy and wear with great joy.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh I love it Anne! Great job!!! What a terrific use of your eBay find and making a "set" with your gorgeous earrings!

If you want to get together with Mom2boys and me, please post here and I can create a LoupeTroop listing so that we can connect (or, I can see if Ella will send you my email address). ;-)

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
would LOVE To...... I think I may have it from before. I will see if I can find it or if not someone can connect us.! :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely DBTY necklace, I love it! It looks great on you.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Anne! I love the larger omb, what a fantastic design, I love it :love: Very nice presence on your neck.
Congratulations on your business award :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! It looks fabulous on you!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Simply gorgeous!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This is so gorgeous!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my, that is gorgeous!!! :appl: Now something else to add to my wish list!!! ;( :bigsmile: I am hoping I can make that get-together, too, and would love to meet you, Anne!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful!!! I love the collection of diamonds and what you did with them! The sizes are perfect and compliment each other!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Love how it turned out!!! It looks substantial, but delicate at the same time-lovely combination

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! :love:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS! :love: :love: :love:

I have a rose gold DBTY from BGD and now this is almost making me wish I'd had the bezels done in a white metal instead of all rose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results