shape
carat
color
clarity

EBAY DIAMONDS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vetenks

Shiny_Rock
Trade

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see a couple of concerns here. As mentioned above, enhanced is a big deal. If you don’t know what it means, do some research into it. This has a huge affect on both what you get and what it costs. An enhanced VS1 is NOT the same thing as a natural VS1 and it’s a mistake to compare them together and conclude it’s a bargain as a result. Shop enhanced stones against other enhanced stones.

Ebay has a big traffic in these things but they are not easy to shop against each other. What one grader will call a VS1-CE, another grader might call an SI2-CE. The major labs won't grade 'em at all and there is NOT a standardized approach to grading these things. The photo is no help because they’re recycling the pictures through several of their ads. That’s a sample picture and it is not of the stone you’ll be receiving. Basically you’re betting the shipping fees from and to Israel, which are not insignificant, that they’ll be a better supplier of CE stones than someone who is closer to home. This may be true, but I see nothing in that add that would indicate so.

Remember on ebay ... You are not doing business with eBay, you're doing business with a particular seller who chooses to advertise there. Whether or not they have good products, good prices, good service or whatever is entirely based on the merits of the seller, not on eBay. They are not all the same despite the tendency of the user interface to make them seem that way.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
For something your love would be wearing long term, I''d be very cautious about jumping on the eBay boat for your main diamond.
Anyone have a link to that awesome thread where the guy bought a few diamonds just do that review... it was both humorous and a big eye opener!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like ebay for used diamonds. I think second hand diamonds are a good value, although if you''re looking for a precision cut, top white gem, that might be difficult to find in a used stone. There are some reputable ebay dealers for second hand diamonds, especially OMC''s and OEC''s.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 3:21:15 PM
Author: MrsCWantsAnUprgade
What are OMC''s and OEC''s?
OMC = Old Mine Cut

OEC = Old European Cut

vetenks

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hmmm seems I have to trade very carefully on this one then. I thought it was too good to be true! What a shame, ypu pay for what you get I guess. But if anyone knows the best place for second hand stones I be interested to know, could save me a bit as I am on a very tight budget
7.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Not to threadjack, but tourmaline which ebay vendors do you like for OMC and OEC? I''m looking for one right now
9.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 6:55:38 PM
Author: vetenks
Hmmm seems I have to trade very carefully on this one then. I thought it was too good to be true! What a shame, ypu pay for what you get I guess. But if anyone knows the best place for second hand stones I be interested to know, could save me a bit as I am on a very tight budget
7.gif
I would consider looking on e-bay for used stones if you know what you are looking for. The ring in my avatar was just bought on e-bay for just over $100. I look for vintage rings which usually sell for less than just modern used rings.

What kind of thing are you looking for?

Otherwise I would check pawn shops and family jewelers who do cosignments.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that ebay stone you were looking for is 3500 what do you consider a tight budget? Many a PSer has gotten a fabulous ring for that budget!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I have heard mlopros who is an ebay seller, recommended here on Pricescope before. I haven''t bought there myself though. I think the ebay store name is Diamond Delights.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 9:12:31 PM
Author: Black Jade
I have heard mlopros who is an ebay seller, recommended here on Pricescope before. I haven''t bought there myself though. I think the ebay store name is Diamond Delights.

I''ve bought from them before, their descriptions are very accurate and I was happy with my purchase, they mostly sell stones that have been pulled out of old mountings and don''t really have much that is sizable. They do get the odd biggish stone here and there though, it could be worth contacting them.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results