shape
carat
color
clarity

easy to change PLAT crown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

samson

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I had previously posted about my engagement ring breaking 9it literally fell apart!). I have found a setting I love but the head/crown of the setting is made/fitted for a pear shape diamond and my center stone is round. I have been told that it is fairly easy to change crowns, is this true even if it is platinum? Can the other prongs be removed and polished so that a new crown is not needed? The present crown has six prongs for the pear shaped diamond and the setting for the round diamond has four.

Thanks in advance for any input!

samson

Rough_Rock
Perhaps I am not asking the right question: I wish to know if the "prong" portion of the ring, or what I believe what is called the crown or head can be easily replaced on a platinum ring OR can extra prongs be removed so that crown doesn''t have to be changed? I would be more inclined to just change the crown if possible. Thank you again for your help!
37.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
How about a picture? Might make it easier for people to understand the question. (plus, we LOVE to see pics of rings!!)

LS

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends what type of setting it is. If it has a "peg head" then yes it is very easy. However, if it has an "integrated head", then it''s often not possible to remove the head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results