shape
carat
color
clarity

Easter celebration?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who celebrate Easter, Happy Easter! How did you celebrate? Did you attend church service? Easter egg hunt? Family get-together? Make any Easter feasts?

My family (minus son away at college) watched out Easter church service online, while enjoying a yummy quiche and monkey bread I baked this morning. No Easter baskets or egg hunt as my kids are grown. 241D0588-E611-49E0-890D-BEBEE53AF1F6.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yum. Thanks for the visual. My supper tasted great but not photo worthy.

Well I miss the egg hunt...did it last year..but this year I put stuff on the counter. Where is the fun in that?

I miss our families gathering (Like we all do.) I miss going to Church with my Mom. I miss helping her around the house, in time for Spring. Luckily my sisters local to my Mom, are great.

Yet I am hopeful.

cheers--Sharon

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drove my daughter to get her 1st vaccine dose at noon. We had a late lunch with the roasted leg of lamb I had cooked yesterday, plus freshly steamed green beans and roasted red potatoes, and we all went to Rose Dairy later in the day for a bit of soft serve.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watch a religious themed movie
this year Mary Magdalene- it was really good
i hope all the faithful church goers are being safe
i like to catch up with what the Queen and the Pope have been up to for Easter
Poor Francis has sciatica and the Queen had to post her Easter Maundy money out to the deserving recipients

Easter is usually mum or dad's birthday or their wedding anniversary so i like to cook at least one nice meal to remember them
we had hot cross buns for breakfast (its Easter Monday here already- a few days late but i have 2 packets in the freezer

we had a nice cooked breakfast on Good Friday
Mum often used to do a,pickled pork at Easter because it was Dad's favourite but ive found it hard to track them down here - but this year i found one so ill pop it in the slow cooker shortly and pop a bottle of wine in the fridge
havn't indulged for the longest time

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Hot cross buns for breakfast on Good Friday, crayfish lunch with my Mum Friday, fish dinner with my Dad.

Saturday lazy day with a bit of shopping.

Easter egg hunt for my daughter Sunday morning.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hot cross buns for breakfast on Good Friday, crayfish lunch with my Mum Friday, fish dinner with my Dad.

Saturday lazy day with a bit of shopping.

Easter egg hunt for my daughter Sunday morning.

I don’t know if hot cross buns are a thing in the US, where are you from if I may ask?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Egg hunt in the morning with the kids (8 and 5), they get a little bit of chocolate, but they also hunt for new winter wear, usually pyjamas/slippers/dressing gown, but this year they both got an Oodie, and a couple of toys each. Off to mum and dad's for morning tea and another small egg hunt. Then, we had half a dozen friends over with their kids for an afternoon in the pool, then a BBQ dinner. Lovely day.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easter egg hunt this morning then we watched It’s The Easter Beagle Charlie Brown which is an annual tradition. In the afternoon is was off to the cousin’s house for another egg hunt and Easter dinner. We also had a birthday cake for our oldest because we weren’t able to get together in February. The kids spent most of the day outside playing, the adults worked on a puzzle inside. It was a good day. Our kids are 14 and 6 (turning 7 in July).

B954FB8F-0E15-41AB-8172-A8D52B833069.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easter egg hunt this morning then we watched It’s The Easter Beagle Charlie Brown which is an annual tradition. In the afternoon is was off to the cousin’s house for another egg hunt and Easter dinner. We also had a birthday cake for our oldest because we weren’t able to get together in February. The kids spent most of the day outside playing, the adults worked on a puzzle inside. It was a good day. Our kids are 14 and 6 (turning 7 in July).

B954FB8F-0E15-41AB-8172-A8D52B833069.jpeg

Two cute boys!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
watched church online with my wifey then took a nap. Have a bad sinus headache.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
watched church online with my wifey then took a nap. Have a bad sinus headache.

Oh thats no good Karl
hope your feeling better soon
is it from spring alligies ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear my most sincere condolences to anybody who lives any where where hot cross buns arnt a thing

If you are a home bread maker i recomend giving it a go
no fancy ingredients required, you could probably use 'pumpkin' spice if that's all you have and a few boxes of raisins

hot-cross-buns-13898-1.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh thats no good Karl
hope your feeling better soon
is it from spring alligies ?
Iv been having problems with my sinuses for 10+ years have seen 2 different allergists and they run a bunch of tests and say its all negative so no need to see them.
I live on benadryl.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iv been having problems with my sinuses for 10+ years have seen 2 different allergists and they run a bunch of tests and say its all negative so no need to see them.
I live on benadryl.

Oh how awful Karl
:(2

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I watch a religious themed movie
this year Mary Magdalene- it was really good
i hope all the faithful church goers are being safe
i like to catch up with what the Queen and the Pope have been up to for Easter
Poor Francis has sciatica and the Queen had to post her Easter Maundy money out to the deserving recipients

Easter is usually mum or dad's birthday or their wedding anniversary so i like to cook at least one nice meal to remember them
we had hot cross buns for breakfast (its Easter Monday here already- a few days late but i have 2 packets in the freezer

we had a nice cooked breakfast on Good Friday
Mum often used to do a,pickled pork at Easter because it was Dad's favourite but ive found it hard to track them down here - but this year i found one so ill pop it in the slow cooker shortly and pop a bottle of wine in the fridge
havn't indulged for the longest time

Pickled pork sounds so interesting! Please share a recipe or picture @Daisys and Diamonds

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We had friends round on Saturday for hot dogs and pizza, I was worried as it is quite cold and no one can come in at the moment but we were fine. I had set up quite a an elaborate Easter egg hunt and the children did that after lunch. No moans or bickering as they hadn’t seen each other for over 6 months because of lock down! On the Sunday morning I made a chilli and apple crumble and we took that round to my Mum & Dads, it was warmer so we were able to sit down for a proper lunch. Bit of a panic as there seems to have a shortage of Easter eggs this year (our friends had to do a shoutout at football practice to the other parents to see if anyone had a spare as they didn’t have a single one for their son, luckily they did) however I am a total over caterer and we were fine! Today we met friends at the park but it was very cold and started snowing so we gave up after 1 1/2 hrs! It’s brightened up and seeing as our dog just ate my daughter’s lunch I am going to take him for a long walk to exercise it off while the rest of the family watches a film. Nice weekend!
Have to say I am really enjoying Easter more and more, Christmas has so many stressful connotations and Easter just hasn’t got that vibe for me.
Happy Easter everyone!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and currant buns are most definitely a thing here (UK) if you can get hold of them in the US please try them. Grill on both sides until well brown and apply a liberal amount of butter. Delicious!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Socially distanced outdoor service - I’m actually going to miss those when we move back indoors (until July or so, when the outdoor temps reach “blistering,” anyway!)

Split indoor/outdoor dinner, at Sweetie’s Mom’s house, that we prepared at home and transported to Mom’s house. Sweetie’s mom is just a few weeks from being fully vaccinated, so our weekly-or-so dinners are about to get much easier. But I suspect I’m going to miss the make-and-take dinners, too. It’s much easier, and much more fun, to prepare dinner at our house than at Mom’s. On the upside, Mom will be able to get effective physical therapy again once she’s fully vaccinated, so there’s a chance she’ll be able to join us at our house again one of these days.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
:shock::-o:shock: so hot cross buns aren't a world wide thing???? I can't imagine Easter without them, absolutely delicious!

They are a thing here in Canada. I had no idea our neighbours to the south didn't have hot cross buns!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
They are a thing here in Canada. I had no idea our neighbours to the south didn't have hot cross buns!

It must be a Commonwealth countries thing, part of our devotion to queen and country is a love of hot cross buns!! :lol-2:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
:shock::-o:shock: so hot cross buns aren't a world wide thing???? I can't imagine Easter without them, absolutely delicious!

I can’t get my head around (and have not tried - and won’t) the chocolate hot cross buns, apple & cinnamon etc :sick:
I like “normal” hot cross buns toasted with lots of butter (as mentioned up earner)

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t get my head around (and have not tried - and won’t) the chocolate hot cross buns, apple & cinnamon etc :sick:
I like “normal” hot cross buns toasted with lots of butter (as mentioned up earner)

Absolutely agree with you!! I think they may be trying to appeal to people like my brother who used to pick all the raisins/sultanas out! I'm a traditional hot cross bun lover also, toasted and loaded with (melting) butter. Yum!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Egg hunt in the morning with the kids (8 and 5), they get a little bit of chocolate, but they also hunt for new winter wear, usually pyjamas/slippers/dressing gown, but this year they both got an Oodie, and a couple of toys each. Off to mum and dad's for morning tea and another small egg hunt. Then, we had half a dozen friends over with their kids for an afternoon in the pool, then a BBQ dinner. Lovely day.

Sounds like a PERFECT day!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had hot cross buns in Philadelphia as a kid, my dad’s favorite.

We did an Easter egg hunt for the grandkids, had a delicious brunch with quiche. No church yet. We ended up just the two of us having Chinese take out for dinner.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
@jaysonsmom I just googled Monkey Bread as I had never heard of it before, it sounds, and looks, delicious!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear my most sincere condolences to anybody who lives any where where hot cross buns arnt a thing

If you are a home bread maker i recomend giving it a go
no fancy ingredients required, you could probably use 'pumpkin' spice if that's all you have and a few boxes of raisins

hot-cross-buns-13898-1.jpeg
This looks so amazing. I have never made bread from scratch, unless you count banana bread. I googled bakeries in my area to see if any had hot cross buns, and the ones few that sold hot cross buns were all “non-US” European bakeries! And none of their buns looked as great as yours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results