shape
carat
color
clarity

East Coast Systems Forming

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Arcadian, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 12, 2019
    Can tell you that the last couple of days we've had super gusty winds and lots of high clouds coming from the east from this thing.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

9-12-2019two_atl_5d0.png
    So there's a couple of systems that are forming off the coast, one is 80% currently. Could be nothing, could be everything. But expect they'll turn one of these into a hurricane.

We shall see what 11AM brings. Here we go again! Keep watch coastal folks!

AV_ likes this.

2. AGBF
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by AGBF » Sep 12, 2019
    Stay safe! :wavey:

Tekate likes this.
  3. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 12, 2019
    Well you have to also be careful because could be you too. Some of the models are saying it could go up the east coast (hitting the Outter Banks yet again) and going close to NY.

AV_ likes this.
  4. AGBF
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by AGBF » Sep 12, 2019
    Indeed. Hurricane Sandy came close to us, and we do get hit by hurricanes in Connecticut. With the weather weirding who knows what will happen next! Of course, the nor' easters here are also fun. They should be coming soon. :))

Arcadian likes this.

5. Mayk
    Ideal_Rock

by Mayk » Sep 13, 2019
    In denial!

Arcadian likes this.
  6. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

by whitewave » Sep 13, 2019
    I’m leaving on a cruise on Saturday, so if you hear of a cruise ship circling because we can’t get back to port, I am happy as a clam and having a drink of the day lol.

Good luck to everyone.

7. Tekate
    Ideal_Rock

by Tekate » Sep 13, 2019
    @Arcadian been keeping an eye out myself Arcadian as I have said, we have close friends in the Keys on Big Pine Key and man a few years ago they were decimated.. Thanks for the info and here's to hoping it all amounts to some rain.

Arcadian likes this.
  8. Tekate
    Ideal_Rock

by Tekate » Sep 13, 2019
    Nosey old gal I am, are you doing the Caribbean? be safe.. I was on a Spain to FL crossing of the Atlantic in 2013 in September and we hit a named storm and had to go way south then back up and missed most of Bermuda, we had 3 hours ha! anyway, the pool was amazing the water was like a centrifuge, bizarre (couldn't go in of course) and man oh man seasickness abounded, so far knock on wood we don't get it, our last cruise was the Danube last Christmas, be safe and HAVE FUN!

tigertales, Arcadian and whitewave like this.
  9. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

by whitewave » Sep 13, 2019

Yes, it’s a quick 5 day to progreso Mexico and Cozumel. With 6 other friends.

Arcadian likes this.
  10. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 13, 2019
    Well whitewave, its shaping up to be a wind/rain event. You're going to be perfectly fine to enjoy your cruise without any extra days...lol
    9-13-2019storm174400_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

VERY Breezy rainy for the last day. One of the neighbors car alarms keeps going off every time the wind gusts...(annoying!!!! :angryfire:)

Because of the recovery efforts going on in the Bahamas, this is really one of the last things they need.

The hope is that of course if it turns into a hurricane it does it far enough off shore. Some of the models I've seen had it going into New York/New Jersey, so stay watchful folks.

whitewave likes this.

11. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

Arcadian likes this.
  12. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 13, 2019
    Nine is officially a depression. most models have it moving further out to sea so lets hope that holds. Apparently it will encounter a strong high which keeps it off shore (yay!) and that also means that it may also not be anywhere near the US for its duration as a hurricane (if it reaches that level) Lets hope it doesn't.
    9officialdepression204921_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

What it does on the weekend will be pretty telling. We continue to get blustery winds in SoFlo but not surprising.

13. Daisys and Diamonds
    Brilliant_Rock

by Daisys and Diamonds » Sep 13, 2019
    i hope this thing blows itself out and dissapairs asap
    no more hurricans please

Arcadian likes this.
  14. AGBF
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by AGBF » Sep 14, 2019
    I had a friend on Big Pine Key, but she passed away a few years ago. I never went there. I do not believe I have ever heard anyone refer to it before. I didn't think it was very big.

Arcadian likes this.
  15. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 14, 2019
    Still pretty gusty /semi stormy where I am. So looks like this storm could sideswipe Bermuda. It always amazed me how Bermuda escaped lots of storms.

Anyway this one isn't predicted to be that strong, but you never know, could have another Dorian on our hands that went from a clump of clouds to a cat 5 in nothing flat.

humberto173526_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

There's a small system in the gulf, so keep an eye out. They're saying wind/rain event but never know. moving west to go into Mexico/Texas areas.
    9-14-2019two_atl_2d0.png

16. Mayk
    Ideal_Rock

by Mayk » Sep 15, 2019 at 9:39 PM
    New runs on some models are concerning for the states! Praying this thing skips past Bermuda on its way Northeast. 1896BB73-F44E-48E0-9C84-7AD148FA84EF.jpeg

17. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 17, 2019 at 1:53 PM
    Here we go folks!
    Tropical Depression 10
    depression10144756_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This is the 5 day but the reality is, look at the first three days as this gives a better story as to what they're thinking will happen.

two_atl_2d0.png

And the entire Atlantic.....*sigh*
    Texas, you're gonna get lotsa rain.

Its only Mid-September.... we need a break.

18. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

by whitewave » Sep 17, 2019 at 11:09 PM
    So apparently TD 11 turned into a named storm and made landfall all in about 6 hours. The captain has already told us we will be bumpy tonight because we are headed into wind.

Arcadian likes this.
  19. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 18, 2019 at 9:24 AM
    Yeah they named her late, which surprised me honestly!

9-18-2019two_atl_2d0.png

They're saying that Texas will be getting a lot of rain out of this...lots. Even some parts of Louisiana.

They named Jerry last night. Jerry by the models will follow after Humberto and could possibly skirt Bermuda.

20. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 18, 2019 at 3:51 PM
    There are currently 6 named storms out there. My goodness. I'm only showing the Atlantic side of the house. Nothing on the Pacific side should run into anything as far as I could tell (maybe 1 in Mexico?)

9-18-2019-2two_atl_2d0.png

Jerry will indeed be a hurricane but there's some dissidence as to where he will be. And after Jerry is Karen. of course lots of Karen jokes going around...lol

21. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Sep 18, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    Bermuda is getting hit pretty hard from what I hear and will for the next few hours. The camera I was watching must have lost power. The island is very prepared thankfully.