shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings remounted, finally done, but....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
My earrings finally are done! yea!
Now for the bad news, there is stone missing already! I picked them up Friday and when I got home that evening and looked in the mirror, I could see a little dark spot on the halo. I took them off and looked, one of the small diamonds was gone. I will be returning them Tues, they are going to walk them over and wait for them to be fixed, so I won''t have to leave them long. Long story, but we ordered these in Feb. with a 2 week expected wait. Needless to say, in was longer than that! Now there is trouble with them already, so the people at the store are worried we might give up on the e/rings. I really like them, but must say this does worry me, would it worry you about the long term wear.

Anyway here are lots of pictures. Its hard to tell in these, but the one on the left is missing the stone, look around 4 and 5 o''clock.

0121.jpg

cwj

Shiny_Rock
more

0131.jpg

cwj

Shiny_Rock
more

0661.jpg

cwj

Shiny_Rock
another

0711.jpg

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Still trying to get pictures to upload.

01411.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi cwj,
I just wanted to say how pretty your new earrings are, they''re lovely!
But I''m sorry to hear about your losing a stone ..to your question, this may concern me a Little bit, but that would depend on the policy of the store - did I misss where you got them from?
I think though, at least with earrings you can feel pretty confident you won''t be banging them often like with rings etc..So here''s hoping they fix it for you and you don''t lose another one of your pretty stones!
5.gif

cwj

Shiny_Rock
You can''t really see it, but this was the best one to see the missing diamond. The picture won''t upload plain enough to really tell anything. Tell me what u think.

05111.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOOOVEEE those!!
30.gif
30.gif

What are the specs? Who set them?

Is there a thread somewhere else about them and how you came to decide to have them reset?

I'm sure they will replace the missing stone for you. I had a melee fall out of my eternity band and brought it back to my jeweller's who replaced it free-of-charge.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are lovely. I would ask them to check the other stones when they replace your missing stones. It depends on how well they take care of you whether I would worry about them or not. Good luck.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 12:25:13 AM
Author: Phoenix
I LOOOVEEE those!!
30.gif
30.gif

What are the specs?

Is there a thread somewhere else about them and how you came to decide to have them reset?
These are earrings my husband gave me when we were dating. I don't know any of the specs. We thought they were 1.50cttw , but the ladies at the store said they were 1.25. We really couldn't remember(old brains). They are mailing the new appraisal, so I should know a little bit more soon. We had my e/ring remounted in Feb. while we were there I saw a pair of these and ordered the mountings to fit my stones. That was before PS and I wish I had found this site before we did the E/Ring remounting and these.

Still love those Harleys!!! haha

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2008 12:34:24 AM
Author: cwj

I LOOOVEEE those!!
30.gif
30.gif

What are the specs?

These are earrings my husband gave me when we were dating. I don''t know any of the specs. We thought they were 1.50cttw , but the ladies at the store said they were 1.25. We really couldn''t remember(old brains). They are mailing the new appraisal, so I should know a little bit more soon. We had my e/ring remounted in Feb. while we were there I saw a pair of these and ordered the mountings to fit my stones. That was before PS and I wish I had found this site before we did the E/Ring remounting and these.

Sorry, I did an edit, whilst you answered my first Q!
1.gif

I really really do LOOVEEE the new settings. They look really delicate and elegant.

Would love to know who re-set them for ya? I''ve been thinking abt having mine re-set too. Thanks.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Marcyc, Phoenix, Arjunajane!! I will ask them how long they will stand behind these when I take them in Tues. I am a little worried. The lady I spoke with was shocked when I called her this morning. She said she was the one that checked them and took pictures of them when they got them in. She said to bring them in and they would take care of it and she was so sorry that something like that happen, really very nice. So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again,
cwj

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 12:40:21 AM

I LOOOVEEE those!!
30.gif
30.gif

What are the specs?

These are earrings my husband gave me when we were dating. I don''t know any of the specs. We thought they were 1.50cttw , but the ladies at the store said they were 1.25. We really couldn''t remember(old brains). They are mailing the new appraisal, so I should know a little bit more soon. We had my e/ring remounted in Feb. while we were there I saw a pair of these and ordered the mountings to fit my stones. That was before PS and I wish I had found this site before we did the E/Ring remounting and these.

1.gif

I really really do LOOVEEE the new settings. They look really delicate and elegant.

Would love to know who re-set them for ya? I''ve been thinking abt having mine re-set too. Thanks.
Phoenix,
I had mine done here locally, but I''m sure you could talk to them. Josef''s Jewelers, www.josefsjewelers.com the lady I dealt with was Katie, she is super nice and helpful. I dont know if I am suppose to mention price here, but they were around 800.00. Sorry if I''m wasn''t suppose to say that, but atleast that will give u a idea what the price was so while u are shopping you will have something to compare with.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
I LOOOVEEE those!!
30.gif
30.gif

What are the specs? Who set them?

I''m sure they will replace the missing stone for you. I had a melee fall out of my eternity band and brought it back to my jeweller''s who replaced it free-of-charge.
Have you had any more trouble losing stones? How long has it been since yours was replaced?

They did say they would take care of it, right away. They are really very nice people, small family owned, only 4 or 5 employees, most of them are family.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2008 1:16:07 AM

Date: 4/27/2008 12:40:21 AM

I LOOOVEEE those!!
30.gif
30.gif

What are the specs?

1.gif

Phoenix,
I had mine done here locally, but I''m sure you could talk to them. Josef''s Jewelers, www.josefsjewelers.com the lady I dealt with was Katie, she is super nice and helpful. I dont know if I am suppose to mention price here, but they were around 800.00. Sorry if I''m wasn''t suppose to say that, but atleast that will give u a idea what the price was so while u are shopping you will have something to compare with.
Thanks much, CWJ. It is definitely helpful that you posted the price. I''ve been doing some shopping around and I think that''s quite reasonable. I don''t wish to pay much more than that.

I had a look at the website. There''re some really lovely designs there. Would you mind telling me which designer/ design you went with? Sorry abt the numerous Q''s. Yours are definitely one of my all time favs!!
1.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cwj

Shiny_Rock
These earrings are some that they have made, so they dont normally have more than one pair and they didn''t have any mountings only. They had them made to fit my stones when I ordered them. It was suppose to only take about 2 or 3 weeks, but Katie told me that they weren''t happy with the 1st pair they got in and had them redone so it took mine longer. I don''t mind answering any ?s, I love being able to help.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2008 1:31:13 AM
These earrings are some that they have made, so they dont normally have more than one pair and they didn''t have any mountings only. They had them made to fit my stones when I ordered them. It was suppose to only take about 2 or 3 weeks, but Katie told me that they weren''t happy with the 1st pair they got in and had them redone so it took mine longer. I don''t mind answering any ?s, I love being able to help.
Thanks again, CWJ. Very kind and helpful of you.
1.gif

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Your Welcome and Good Luck.

Happy Shopping!!
cwj

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are lovely! Sorry you are missing a stone. I hope it gets fixed quickly.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, they''re really very beautiful! I''m so sorry that you''re missing a stone already and I hope they can fix it so that you don''t have this problem again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the milgrain edge! I''d like to have jackets like that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, those a beautiful!!!

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 11:24:25 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, those a beautiful!!!
Thanks Skippy123. I should have more to post later today. Remember how I said they said they would walk them in and wait for the repair to be done, well it must be a very long walk!!! Dropped them off Tues morning and its now Sat. We called them yesterday and they said the earrings would be ready today, so we will see.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results