shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring ideas?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've recently decided that I need to get out of my comfort zone and therefore away from rings and pendants. So I've got some colored stone ovals (one pair in hand, one pair on it's way to me) I'm thinking about making into earrings.

So do you guys have any ideas, or any saved pictures of earrings you loved? They are all ovals, both pairs are spinels, one pair is a dark gray kind of color and the other is a light violet/lavender/blue color. Not sure on measurements but I think about 6x4 or so.

Thanks so much!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Bezel set, in silver/white gold/platinum.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I think the darker stone set east/west in a WG halo with a small-linked chain about an inch long connected to the second oval set north/south in a simple bezel may look really elegant if that's what you're looking for.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends if you like drops or studs as earrings?

I can't remember who it was on PS but they had the most stunning pear of pink Spinel (or Sapphire) drop earrings surrounded by diamonds - really sensational and very glitzy.

So I guess it depends if you want everyday wear, special occasion wear, long, short etc etc!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds said:

I can't remember who it was on PS but they had the most stunning pear of pink Spinel (or Sapphire) drop earrings surrounded by diamonds - really sensational and very glitzy.

So I guess it depends if you want everyday wear, special occasion wear, long, short etc etc!

You must be thinking of Art Nouveau's pink spinel dangles. https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108078

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet said:
LovingDiamonds said:

You must be thinking of Art Nouveau's pink spinel dangles. https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108078

Oh yes I was. Thank you Kismet. For going out earrings these are about as good as it gets!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I'd do a dangle with Patrick Irla's hydrangeas and bezel set oval stones. Or, a cluster with bezeled gemstones. Janishjewels had one a while back but I haven't seen recently; it was basically a few different bezeled colored stones, a bezeled pearl, and some gold balls and other interesting gold effects. I think its a sophisticated, yet fun look.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure what look I'm going for, but I think I want to make the stone the main focus for these. I know I don't want to put them together--the light ones will definitely detract from the dark grays. I'm thinking something between super glitzy and everyday?

I have the Tiffany ABTY bezel studs, and I wear them, but not often enough to justify another pair of bezeled studs. So drops are where it's at. The next time I get a pair of studs, I want them to be antique cut diamonds...

So yeah. Drops, and I'm not afraid of diamond accents for these.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Bezel set dangles from huggies - These are blue sapphires from wildfish on WhiteFlash diamond huggies.

SapphirePair8304.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome Fly Girl. But I don't have diamond huggies! BAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I was just poking around, and I came across these--I think it is similar in shape to what I have in my head, but obvious different, because I'm just not a earring halo girl...yet.

This is what I'm thinking so far, in regards to the blue/lavender ones:
Post style, with the stone at the bottom. Perhaps a DBTY sort of style? Maybe add a couple diamonds in there somehow? Maybe one at the top? Bezels to keep it between fancy and casual?

For the grays...still no idea...

Thoughts?

Citrine drop earrings.JPG

Tiff pink sapphire cbty elsa peretti.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of oval green tourms that I want to set into diamond halos that dangle on french louvered backs. That could look nice and I think that look with a plain bezel would also be nice.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke - do you have long hair? If yes, I wonder if those long drops would get tangled and twisted?

I had a pair of earrings made that were static to avoid that from happening. How about something like this but perhaps less diamonds down the long bit because I think your ovals are larger?

Diamond Pink Earrings 3.jpg

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I personally love the elsa peretti earrings you posted. I have them myself :)

They are elegant and fun - can be dressed up or down.

Something like this will be super cute too. To make it really reusable, if you make the top part as hoops that hold on to the chain .. then have the bottom bezel piece removal .. you can clip on other pieces.

e766_037Ww.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh LD! Those are beautiful! What is the size on those stones? And what is the center stone on the bottom, a diamond?

ETA: As for long hair....
file.jpg

Having shared the photo, when I wear long/dangly/complicated earrings, I tend to wear my hair up. In fact, I probably wear my hair up about 95% of the time, so I'm not worried. But, yeah, you could say I have long hair (when it's not draped over my shoulders, it is about an inch from my waist, so yes, long is the name of the game!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pwendyp said:
How about something along the lines of this pair? Although, I just have no experience of how they 'hang' when made like this...perhaps someone can chime in with some views on that!

Gorgeous earrings FlyGirl...lovely lovely blues!

AwesomeGemsSapphireEarrings2.jpg

AwesomeGemsSapphireEarrings1.jpg

http://www.awesomegems.com/jewelry-custom-earrings1.html#je093e

:))
Those are beautiful! I need to get some darn diamond studs so I can just make accessories for them and not worry about making whole new sets of earrings every time! (Seriously, we might be onto something there!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
I personally love the elsa peretti earrings you posted. I have them myself :)

They are elegant and fun - can be dressed up or down.

Something like this will be super cute too. To make it really reusable, if you make the top part as hoops that hold on to the chain .. then have the bottom bezel piece removal .. you can clip on other pieces.
Tell me more! I keep drooling over them, but can't justify them...yet. Do you have the pink sapphs or the aquas?

Those Leons are so close to what I have in my head! Wowza. I think whats in my head is like a DBTY, but only three of them or so, bezeled, with a few links between, and then the ovals hanging down underneath, also bezeled. Maybe like a slightly larger diamond as the post? So perhaps about 2-3 inches long?

Gah! Am I making any sense?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I just got theses

benatarearrings2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Freke - look at your hair!!!! WOW. Incredible. Your hair is gorgeous. I can't believe you wear it up at all! Anyway, I guess I have the answer about danglies now!!!!!

To answer your question, I can't remember the size of the diamonds but can find out if you're interested. From memory the top stones are larger and I think I recycled a pair of diamond stud earrings for that bit (0.25ct each I think). The other diamonds are around 2mm but would definitely need to check! The central diamonds are natural pink diamonds (as you suspected) in a rose gold bezel.

Despite being rigid, they actually hang really well and face front - I was concerned they may sit a bit sideways but they don't at all. TBH I got the idea for the earrings from a DBL design and did come clean with David and confessed my sins in stealing one of his designs! He was cool about it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm also loving these Adwar mountings. Dangle and just a little bling with the three diamonds.

style_top

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are fab Uppy! Any idea on the price on those?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I don't have the price on those at the moment. I'm going to have Michael E. quote them as I have a miscellani of other jobs I need done too.

This is the set I liked from Overnight that are similar:
17641-1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know how to find me when you find out how much they'd be!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results