shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring ideas for best coverage for a size 7.5

Olympias

Rough_Rock
:wavey:

I fell in love with the 3-stones diamond and sapphires engagement ring in a tiffany platinum setting for close to a year now. We recently decided to try them on to pick the carat.. Problem was my boyfriend does not want to go higher than 9700$/6000£ and the 1ct center stone which should be - hopefully - within his price range did not provide full coverage of my finger like the 1.50-2 carat. And I absolutely hated the way the 1ct looked on my finger so I am looking for another option.. The lovely ladies on LIW section told me that I might find people able to help here as you may have an idea of what type of rings to go for to provide full finger coverage and hopefully still with 3 stones..

Boyfriend does not want to go for less than F/VS2 (but after seeing some rings here I think SI1 should be acceptable too.. he disagrees..) and Ideal Cut.

In my dream I would have gotten SanDiegoLady gorgeous 3-stones ring, in reality I hope to get something within his budget and that I will love just as much :)

Thank you for your help !

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 7.25 and I know what you mean. Diagonal finger coverage gets important. I opted for a 5 stone. It makes a WALL of diamonds that really packs a lot of visual punch. And the side stones would not have to be very large so they wouldn't cost much (my second set is only 15 pointers) but those little diamonds make a world of difference when it comes to finger coverage. Ignore that sweat shirt shot its a picture in a poorly lit room. She doesn't look her best lol

Think maybe you guys could compromise? He gets to pick the clarity if you pick the color? Dropping down to an h would do wonders for your budget.

uploadfromtaptalk1382051723934.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382051806222.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382051836340.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel: I love your ring.. I wear a 7.25 and I my 1.66 carat stone looks small on my hand, I'd never thought of the ring you have.. it's stunning and looks wonderful on your finger.. really classy coverage, very smart looking and rich..thans! :)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
7.25. Center sapphire is 2.00 cts which is the same size as a 1.25ct diamond, sides are .3 each.

_11009.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1382056256|3539800 said:
Niel: I love your ring.. I wear a 7.25 and I my 1.66 carat stone looks small on my hand, I'd never thought of the ring you have.. it's stunning and looks wonderful on your finger.. really classy coverage, very smart looking and rich..thans! :)

Thank you!

I had very much the same concern as the OP when I was shopping. I had a very limited budget (about 4k) and it was either get one 1k solitaire or this 5 stone. I was afraid, like the op, that a solitaire wouldn't have the visual appeal I was craving. Sure, I could have gotten a solitaire then waited a few years and upgraded the setting. But I wanted exactly what I wanted and I didn't want to look down at my finger for the next 5 years and feel it was lacking. Because that was the earliest I'd be able to upgrade.
So I opted for the slightly smaller center for the more sizable complete look.

Its surprising how it changes the look. The center stone isn't as important, if that makes sense. Inportant of course, but not to the same point as a solitaire, because the design and the ful vertical finger coverage adds a lot! If you manage to get a graduation look and it covers your finger, that's really all you need for this look to come together. And that could be done with a 0.8 ct or 1 ct +....

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the other option would be to do a three stone in other shapes, to get more coverage, like pear sides, or all ovals, to give yourself more coverage.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love the idea of pear sides to get more coverage. And I get the wanting F VS too. My DH wanted that for me as well, and I went with it, just so excited to get a ring. But it was just 1.07ct, and it has left me craving a bigger stone... for 5 years now. So now I am upgrading, and moving to I colour. Not saying you have to do that, but if you could get him to consider even a little lower for colour, you could get much more coverage, that won't leave you longing got more.

Olympias

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies for your help and all your lovely pictures ! Great bling ;-) ! I show the pictures to my fiance and we discuss it and we love love love your 5-stones idea Niel especially since one of my wedding band is the Cartier Trinity so brownie points for allowing me to see them together :bigsmile: When the jewellery told us about we didn't really think twice as we truly were focused on the 3 stones.. Even if it doesn't have the same meaning the ring is absolutely gorgeous and hopefully we won't have to compromise on clarity, colour, metal and cut :)

I think we will go for your version and add two sapphires right next to central diamond. I will just have to hunt for another 2nd wedding ring (we were set on the full circle eternity band with diamonds and sapphires) as I don't think it will look that good with a 5-stones).

We will still try to find some examples of oval + pear shape combo, might look better than round + pear.

Thank you so much again :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So something like this?
How fun would that be!
I think you could totally wear a diamond band with it, just something a little more subtle like this bead set one.

Are you having a local jeweler do it or one of the online vendors?

uploadfromtaptalk1382098754424.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382098875775.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Niel said:
So something like this?
How fun would that be!
I think you could totally west a diamond band with it, just something a little more subtle like this bead set one.

Niel - you are always so helpful!!!!

Good luck, Olympias! It looks like you are on your way to finding what you want! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1382098901|3540006 said:
So something like this?
How fun would that be!
I think you could totally wear a diamond band with it, just something a little more subtle like this bead set one.

I think this would look awesome!! Can't wait to see the final product!! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Olympias

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone really ! And Niel, you are a star !

We are definitely going for the 5 stones and we will see what looks best between full sapphires ring or a full diamonds ring.

The setting you just picked is gorgeous Niel. Thank you again. You all helped us a lot here and we are both looking forward seeing the full product ! I won't fail to post over at show me the bling once the rings are completed :)

Edit : I think he will ask for a quote to the local jewellerers but if any of you has some recommendations for online vendors we wouldn't be against getting them :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll do better with diamond prices with online vendors for sure. I would probably aim for H VS2-SI1 to maximize size and look good with the sapphires. Maybe your bf will accept that compromise! Most of us go lower than F to get the size we want. All my diamonds are H or I color.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for sapphires, you'll have to pop over to colored stones to look for those. I would imagine to save on budget look for 4.5 to 5mm. But closer to 4.5. That way you can pur your money toward a nice color.

Both Brian cabin and Whiteflash sell 5 stone settings ate somewhat reasonable prices. Won't eat up too much budget. Also, they are amazing cuts. And top quality cut miiiiight just let your FI drop down a shade or two.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results