shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring - Help me spend some $$$

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all! Love the site - need some advice!

Working on figuring out just what I want for an e-ring. Thinking Radiant or Cushion cut. Initially loved Asscher, but fell out of love as it''s less sparkly(Brilliant is the proper term - no?) and decided Round is too common for my particular taste (although beautiful!)

Budget is around $22k (v. generous of the loving man :) Where should I look, what should I look for, how do I do this?!? I have NO idea where to start (except this site - which totally is amazing and has been SO helpful in narrowing it down - thanks everyone!)

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Your possibilities are endless. I am a cushion lover, so I can't help you with radiants, but this is my favourite antique styled cushion and it's at Good Old Gold (GOG) - I would ask if it's an eye clean SI1: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5415/. You may want to have a look through the videos at GOG's website and see what kinds of stones capture your imagination. For settings, check out http://www.artofplatinum.com. That ought to get you started.

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
You sound just like me. I initially wanted radiant cut too. I love the shape and didn''t really want to go the traditional round route either. I have seen some really beautiful radiants on here but then I started to see more and more cushions that I LOVED and the deal breaker was when I saw them in person :) I just thought the cushions spoke to me more and I liked the chunkier facets as opposed to the crushed ice look that most radiants have. It is definately a personal preference and will probably be pretty easy to decide once you see them in person if you haven''t already done so :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

Ditto the ladies above, take your time and try on different shapes in person so you can see what really appeals to you most. You have a super budget and can get something wonderful with that!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
With that budget you could get a fancy colored diamond if you find white too common. But if brilliance is what you''re after, and round is not your thing, I''d say go with cushion. But cushion is hard to judge by numbers alone. If you have time on your side, try do some research on diamonds'' 4Cs, optics, etc. That''s what I''d do if I''m spending that much on a diamond. But if that amount is but a drop in my ocean, I''d head to Cartier... :)

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at the regents, jubilees, queen of hearts, etc fancy cuts at good old gold? =)

I liked cushions initially until I saw REGENTS =D

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
I also wanted to add that you may want to go on GOG''s website to see videos or pictures of the different stones they have in stock. They carry gorgeous stones and you may be able to compare the radiants they have in stock to the cushions. I also hear Mark from ERD is fantastic at finding cushions if you decide to go that route.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I appreciate all the advice! We''re going to see some diamonds next weekend and we can''t wait! Will keep you posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results