shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring for GF

leightonleighton

Rough_Rock
Hey,

Thank you for all the informative posts over PS and to everyone who answered my silly questions about 4C and ring setting. A big thanks once again!

BGD just sent the ring today and send some pix as well.

Ring1.jpg

Ring2.jpg

Ring3.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
:love: That ring is beautiful! :love: I adore that setting!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Cool ring!

Irishsparkles

Rough_Rock
Is this a custom setting? I love it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! Any stats?? ;-)

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
I love the uniqueness of the setting, please come back with handshots :)

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, how unique :love: Please come back with more pictures once you receive the ring!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I absolutely love it!!!!!! :love:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely unique setting!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is a very cool setting! Can't wait to see handshots.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo... the MaeVona Poppy! i just tried that on last week, gorgeous setting! love it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty ring!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting it is absolutely beautiful! Please come back with hand shots and stats :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!! OK, are those rounds or pears??? My eyes just cant figure it out!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this an actual Maevona or a repro? I've thought about having this made with ruby pear sides. =)

leightonleighton

Rough_Rock
Thank you. It's an original Maevona Poppy ring set with 2 pears shaped diamond on the side (e-ring and plain wedding band) in platinum set with 1.02 carat H&A H SI1 BGD signature. The story of the Maevona Poppy is quite long as I am from Land Down Under. I sent an email to Maevona Customer Service enquiring which of their retailers sends out item to Australia and they promptly replied that there is only one retailer that sends internationally. I contacted the retailer but the quotation they gave me is too much for my budget. Instead, I emailed all the retailers of Maevona and inquire about the price of the mounting in 18K white gold and platinum stating about my intention of doing it online and exporting it to Australia. I was surprised that there is a huge difference of prices between retailers--and I choose a store in New York as their price is $800-$1000 less compared mostly to all the retailers of Maevona. I emailed all their retailers and got at least 90% reply from all of them. Some don't export to Australia. Some don't do online business. You need to do the transaction in store. And some just way to expensive (maybe for me). So I negotiated with the retailer that if it's possible that I could do it online. They agreed as long as they don't export it outside US as they don't know about the documentation needed. Next step I did was to search for the centre stone and I got the best price for my budget (thanks for all the input in my queries that I posted here) with BGD. I contacted Lesley and she was so prompt in replying with all the emails that I sent her. Great customer service. And so she agreed that I would send the mounting to their office directly. And she also instructed me about the documentation needed for the AUSFTA. So I closed the deal with the retailer and they sent the mounting only to BGD as they don't have a great selection of stones as excellent compared to BGD (in my opinion). And it was BGD who set the stone to the mounting. I think my efforts paid off well especially on the mounting that save me heaps of money. I learned it from here that I need to shop around for the best price.

Yeah, I'll send a handshot pix once the proposal is ok--this is a complete surprise for my gf as she literally don't have any idea about this.

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
So unique, very pretty :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: I think someone is going to have a nice surprise!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring. Good luck with your proposal. :appl:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Ahh! It's so great, for sure come back with handshots. She'll love it, I'm sure. :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
That is a super cool ring! I can't wait to see how it looks on her hand! I think it's wonderful that you found a way to get exactly what you wanted! Great job! Come back and post more pics after the proposal!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very unique!

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
wow! That's awesome, neat and simple!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I really love it. Great job.

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
a very unique design for an e-ring! Am sure your gf will like it..

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! The MaeVona Poppy was on the top of my list for a long time. The only reason I turned from it was because the sapphire center stone I ended up with would probably go too dark in a semibezel. It's lovely! Congrats!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Love that unique design!!! Good luck with the proposal...I'm sure she's gonna love it :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results