shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring cold feet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lsudu2

Rough_Rock
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a stone and setting. I got a great deal on a 1.51 nearly square cushion. It is an H, VS2, completely eye clean. The stone is amazing and is currently at my local jewelers being mounted. Unfortunately, I''m starting to have second thoughts about my setting choice. My soon to be fiance likes simple, thin, pave settings. The setting I chose has one row of pave is a cathedral style setting. However, I''m a little worried about the thickness of the band. It is 3.2 mm on the bottom of the ring, and tapers gradually to 2.5mm toward the top. Do yall think the band will be thin enough for the stone and her finger (ring size 5.5)? I guess its a little late to be second guessing myself, but if anyone has pics of a similar ring, or opinions on the size, they would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, the ring should be ready Friday so I''ll post pics to get everyone''s final approval.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
why dont you call the jeweler--tell them you changed your mind and let your GF pick the setting

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 12:03:21 AM
Author: bgray
why dont you call the jeweler--tell them you changed your mind and let your GF pick the setting
DITTO. Or propose with the stone in a jeweler''s temporary setting. It sounds like you are spending a nice amount on the setting. But she''s got to love it and and have it sit comfortably on her finger.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 1:12:01 AM
Author: swingirl

Date: 11/17/2009 12:03:21 AM
Author: bgray
DITTO. Or propose with the stone in a jeweler''s temporary setting. It sounds like you are spending a nice amount on the setting. But she''s got to love it and and have it sit comfortably on her finger.
Someone on her posted that her boyfriend proposed to her at the jewelry store. She thought he was taking her to pick out a present for someone else and he got down on one knee in the middle of the store with the diamond in a temp setting. Then she picked out her dream setting. I thought it was fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results