shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ultramontane

Rough_Rock
Hi, let me start by thanking all for the informative posts which I''ve been pouring through since I found this site yesterday.

So my interest in diamond rings has only recently begun as I search for the perfect engagement ring for the woman I''m courting. When I asked if there''s anything she would prefer in a ring she just reminded me of the work she does with animals and as an artist which makes it necessary that it be set low in the ring. From my brief searches it seems that bezel and antique style settings might be the best bet. I was wondering if anyone could correct me or point out other setting types which might be suitable. Also if you have any links that are useful I sure would welcome them; there are a few that catch my interest at http://antiqueengagementrings.com

She doesn''t usually wear jewelry but I think she''d like something slightly unique, not too modern, and have artistic beauty in itself.

Unfortunatly, my budget is probably up to $3.5k for the entire ring and diamond as we''re both young and saving for a house once we''re married. But I''m just hoping to find the best quality I can afford.

Thanks,
Jay

p.s. As you can tell from my language I''m still in the early learning mode =)

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there, and welcome! Here is one site that has a lot of different authentic antique settings: Fay Cullen

Also, this is a site that I really like, called http://www.antiqueengagementrings.com, and here is a link to a ring that is in your price range. It's a replica 1930s bezel set:

Ring

Another:

Ring 2

And one more:

Ring 3

Still another:

Ring 4

And lastly:

Ring 5

These looked like the most secure ones with a more bezel set diamond, and in your price range. Hope it helps!

*M*

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
I love poptart''s #4 suggestion - gorgeous! It''s low profile and very unique.

Is your girl set on a solitaire type mounting? I know several folks on this board have chosen an eternity band over a solitaire specifically because of the minimal projection. If this is an option for your sweetie, check the Signed Pieces and White Flash web sites for lots of different eternity band styles.

-J

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 10:25:32 PM
Author: BunniBling
I love poptart's #4 suggestion - gorgeous! It's low profile and very unique.

Is your girl set on a solitaire type mounting? I know several folks on this board have chosen an eternity band over a solitaire specifically because of the minimal projection. If this is an option for your sweetie, check the Signed Pieces and White Flash web sites for lots of different eternity band styles.

-J
Oh good idea about the band! They can also make bands where the diamond sits flush in the metal... my friend's mom has an antique ring like this that is absolutely amazing! Hmm... I'll see if I can find a picture of what I mean.

*M*

Edited for clarity

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh snap! So I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, but I'm not surprised. The band looks similar to this picture BUT, there are more diamonds that are all the same size and set in a row about this distance apart. For the most part, the band looks the same width as the ring I was thinking of. Anyway, the point was to show you diamonds that sit flush with the metal, and this picture does that.

*M*
ETA: It's from H K Jewelry

hkjewelry.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

E B

Ideal_Rock
If she's an artist and works with animals, I'd run, not walk from an antique setting. Too many little details to get paint and animal hair stuck in.

This would be my choice:

.817ct I, VS2 H&A (1.5 HCA) $2965

...in this setting:

"Dove" by Knox Jewelers $590 in WG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Cool ebree! I like that! I also like a bezel or half bezel setting and I see Knox has both.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 9:53:50 PM
Author: poptart
Also, this is a site that I really like, called http://www.antiqueengagementrings.com, and here is a link to a ring that is in your price range. It''s a replica 1930s bezel set:

Ring

Wow! Poptart! You''re a genius! I really like all 5 rings that you recommended, but I love the first one the most! Beautiful!!! And it will still be within the budget! It just does not get any better than this!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love number one from antiqueengagementrings. It''s lovely and delicate and also super durable. Here''s a ring I had brian knox at knoxjewelers.biz design. It''s an antique style bezel ring that is delicate and has a bezel and it was a reasonable price that would still allow for a little over 2k for a diamond. Here''s the link: http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=848&action=show_detail

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
#4 is gorgeous!! Also looks like it would sit pretty flush on the finger...good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love that first one poptart suggested too...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results