shape
carat
color
clarity

E or F ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that F better....cleaner picture/arrows for some reason to me and of course a bit bigger isn't bad! If you can afford the $400 I would pick that one...you'll never notice the difference between an E and an F. But really, both are gorgeous!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either would be great, and color difference isn''t really a factor. The only real difference is size. If you want the biggest, go for the F.

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
I would also go with F because you won''t see the color difference once set. And it will be noticeably bigger.
I had an E before, and just got an F of larger size and set they both look very white.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto the other ladies - F!

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock

Yes, Between E & F....i believe you cant tell the different.

But when you compare between D & F , would you be able to tell with a nake eye ?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 10:42:47 AM
Author: neatfreak
I like that F better....cleaner picture/arrows for some reason to me and of course a bit bigger isn''t bad! If you can afford the $400 I would pick that one...you''ll never notice the difference between an E and an F. But really, both are gorgeous!
I second that!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 11:09:59 AM
Author: Eijnaix

Yes, Between E & F....i believe you cant tell the different.

But when you compare between D & F , would you be able to tell with a nake eye ?

No, you shouldn''t be able to tell from D to F. Are you planning on putting your F right next to a D at some point under controlled lighting conditions with a perfectly white background?? If you are, and you are a trained gemologist who is looking at the stones unset from the side, you might be able to tell a difference. In other scenario, no, you shouldn''t be able to tell.

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock
Haha, if its place under grading enviroment, i believe i would be able to tell the between even D & E rather and D & F.

But it just those kinda of werid thinking that''s holding me back from tahking the F even when its 10 point more.

But i guess u''re right, unless it''s place in extreme enviroment , no one should be able to tell the different....then i suppose it''ll only make sense to take F rather than E
31.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I like the F better as well and I doubt you'd miss the color difference. Once you get into the colorless range, it's going to look colorless to anyone who sees it on her hand.

I have an F and my coworker, who recently researched and bought a diamond for his wife immediately guessed it was a D because it's so white.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 11:35:08 AM
Haha, if its place under grading enviroment, i believe i would be able to tell the between even D & E rather and D & F.

But it just those kinda of werid thinking that''s holding me back from tahking the F even when its 10 point more.

But i guess u''re right, unless it''s place in extreme enviroment , no one should be able to tell the different....then i suppose it''ll only make sense to take F rather than E
31.gif

You must be very very color sensitive if you think you can tell the difference. I know I can''t until you start getting down into the warmer colors like H, I, J...or between big color grade jumps like D to G.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

But it just those kinda of werid thinking that's holding me back from tahking the F even when its 10 point more.

But i guess u're right, unless it's place in extreme enviroment , no one should be able to tell the different....then i suppose it'll only make sense to take F rather than E
31.gif
You have to remember, the stone is alone in the setting (not sitting next to a different color, upside down!). I seriously doubt you could ask any of your friends or family what color it is, and have them either guess right (might guess higher), or lower. They'd just see white. Most people only notice when a stone is definitely darker/warmer. I is where the industry says the average person might begin to tell.
28.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 11:47:19 AM
Author: Ellen

But it just those kinda of werid thinking that's holding me back from tahking the F even when its 10 point more.

But i guess u're right, unless it's place in extreme enviroment , no one should be able to tell the different....then i suppose it'll only make sense to take F rather than E
31.gif
You have to remember, the stone is alone in the setting (not sitting next to a different color, upside down!). I seriously doubt you could ask any of your friends or family what color it is, and have them either guess right (might guess higher), or lower. They'd just see white. Most people only notice when a stone is definitely darker/warmer. I is where the industry says the average person might begin to tell.
28.gif
Ya, what she said
2.gif

I know PS is fantastic for providing us with all the analytical knowledge we need to scrutinize potential stones, but really - once its there and in a ring, a cut of this calibre, you will not know or care whether it is E or H - it will simply sparkle like mad and impress all! white is white
1.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes - F

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock
1.gif

Thanks alot for all the reply. Really appreciate it.

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
You will never notice the difference in the color after it is set with a very well cut stone in going from E to F. I bet you wouldn''t be able to tell the difference between an E and an H (maybe even I) color when viewing face up in a wt gold/pt setting, especially without putting it next to another stone. I bet you could get a 1.25 hearts and arrows cut G/H VS2 for about that price, then you would really see the size difference and not sacrifice any color. I think going from G/H/I to a D/E/F color and/or from VS1 to VVS2 are about the worst bargains in diamond buying when you consider what you get for what you pay. Thats just my opinion though...

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond studs are G SI1, my line bracelet is E/F VS2/SI1, and stack rings VS1 E/F, and they all look equally white and eyeclean!

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:38:32 PM
Author: rcrosier
You will never notice the difference in the color after it is set with a very well cut stone in going from E to F. I bet you wouldn''t be able to tell the difference between an E and an H (maybe even I) color when viewing face up in a wt gold/pt setting, especially without putting it next to another stone. I bet you could get a 1.25 hearts and arrows cut G/H VS2 for about that price, then you would really see the size difference and not sacrifice any color. I think going from G/H/I to a D/E/F color and/or from VS1 to VVS2 are about the worst bargains in diamond buying when you consider what you get for what you pay. Thats just my opinion though...

1.01 E VS2 amount: 8792.09 + 100 shipping = $8,892.09

1.11 F VS2 amount: 9196.93 + 100 shipping = $9,296.93

This is what i''ll be paying for the F colour, i suppose it''s a good bargine...isnt it ?

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 11:47:19 AM

31.gif
28.gif
Btw, Ellen , the picture on ur avatar is really lovely. Like the way it show off the arrow

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:59:27 PM

Btw, Ellen , the picture on ur avatar is really lovely. Like the way it show off the arrow
Thank you Eijnaix!

And yes, I think the F is a good deal. That will make a gorgeous ring!

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 1:04:14 PM

Date: 7/11/2008 12:59:27 PM

Thank you Eijnaix!

And yes, I think the F is a good deal. That will make a gorgeous ring!
Mind if i ask, whats the colour, cuting etc of ur ring ?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
YMMV, but when I was looking at diamonds, I could not see a difference between D and E but could see it between an E and F. These were loose stones of course. Once set, I doubt you could tell a difference facing up. BTW, I ended up with an E, but that was only because it was what was available in the size range I wanted. I like the icy white look, but would have gladly chosen an F or even a G

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
An F diamond is still very icey white in my opinion. I like the 1.11 F stone because the arrows are very crisp and this stone is going to face up noticeably larger than a 1 carat stone. I have a 1.11 and I love the size!! You could even go lower in color and clairty if you want and still have a nice white and clean diamond.

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the the help, reply and info. Really appreicate it
1.gif

I've just received my diamond yesterday morning through Fedex from GOG. Really please with their service, haha.

But i'm wondering...between the 2 diamond, is the different noticeables as far as the Scintillation is concern ?

And does Scintilation involve in the colour ?

http://www.gemex.com/livereport/partnerlink.php?linkid=1&cid=13&viewid=1&popup=y&pid=BR101EVS28442006

http://www.gemex.com/livereport/partnerlink.php?linkid=1&cid=13&viewid=1&popup=y&pid=BR111FVS29299701

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 12:05:53 AM
Thanks for the the help, reply and info. Really appreicate it
1.gif

I''ve just received my diamond yesterday morning through Fedex from GOG. Really please with their service, haha.

But i''m wondering...between the 2 diamond, is the different noticeables as far as the Scintillation is concern ?

And does Scintilation involve in the colour ?

http://www.gemex.com/livereport/partnerlink.php?linkid=1&cid=13&viewid=1&popup=y&pid=BR101EVS28442006

http://www.gemex.com/livereport/partnerlink.php?linkid=1&cid=13&viewid=1&popup=y&pid=BR111FVS29299701
Differences betweek the two? If you put them next to each other and twitched them for a minute, you might see the difference, but who knows. The GEMEX report is a good indicator and a great tool, but I''m not sure that this much difference will matter (i.e. moving from "high" to the lower end of "very high").

Does scintilation involve color? If you are talking about the body color of the stone, then no it does not.

Eijnaix

Rough_Rock
haha, i assume you guys wouldnt even be bother with this...right ?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 10:21:12 AM
haha, i assume you guys wouldnt even be bother with this...right ?
You are getting caught up in the "splitting hairs" game, but it happens.
2.gif

I looked at the pics, and could tell the lower girdle facets (which drive scintillation) looked identical. But I looked up their lengths to be sure. You are looking at 76 vs. 76.3. So no, there's not going to be a difference. Also, while the GemEx is fun to look at, the experts do not all agree on what it's really measuring, so one should take it with some grains of salt.

Now, relax and enjoy that beautiful stone!! And we want pics!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results