shape
carat
color
clarity

Dyson Vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock

I''m getting ready to purchase a Dyson vacuum and I''m not sure which model to get. It looks like the "animal" version is available in both the DC14 and DC17. What is the difference? I have two cats, but they are both short hair. I''m wondering if I really need the "animal" version for $550 or is the standard DC14 (the yellow one) sufficient? Any advice?

Thanks...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 10:05:20 AM
Author:dancingqueen

I''m getting ready to purchase a Dyson vacuum and I''m not sure which model to get. It looks like the ''animal'' version is available in both the DC14 and DC17. What is the difference? I have two cats, but they are both short hair. I''m wondering if I really need the ''animal'' version for $550 or is the standard DC14 (the yellow one) sufficient? Any advice?

Thanks...

DQ, my Dad and Stepmom have the Dyson Animal and they LOVE it! They have five cats, so cat hair is definitely an issue in their house. They vacuum about once a week, and you would never know they have cats. I think the Animal model is definitely worth it, even if it costs a little more.
21.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I bought the dyson animal (dc17) a few months ago. I am not sure exactly what the difference is between the one you posted, but the 17 is very strong and comes with additional attachments that the 14 doesn''t.

Before buying it, I had put a post on here if you do a search, I think it was something like dyson animal. Most of the people who responded had the 17 model.

It is very very strong and powerful. I have a dog and a cat btw.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the only difference is the attachments. We got one for our wedding (the animal) and have two cats. Be sure you buy it at BB&B and use a 20% coupon.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
We have two dogs, both of whom shed a bit.

We have the yellow dyson, and we LOVE IT! It does a great job with the dog hair.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dh and I went back and forth on which Dyson to get and in the end, went with the Dyson Slim because the price it was cheaper. We have two cats (one with long hair, the other w/short) and it works very well and it''s not too heavy or bulky. We used the BBB 20% off coupon, but with sales tax, I think, if I remember correctly, it still came to around $400.
14.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
We have the animal--2 Chihauhua--

We got ours for $20.00 because my husbands friend from hockey is the Chicagoland rep for the company, and we got a demo one.

I love it...and would have easily paid full price, but am thankful I didn''t!

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I think I will go with the animal. I have a 20% BBB coupon and $175 in gift cards so that definitely helps. We''re getting new carpet next week and I want to start fresh with a new vacuum as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results