shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
My "dust" isn''t working.

I found THE perfect guy for me. He''s not perfect, but he''s perfect for me, and pretty darn close to me. We''ve been dating a year and a half. I had met him online (cheesey) and shortly after met at a coffee shop. In less than two weeks he asked me to be his GF but I declined! I wanted to know him more. After another week, I gave in to all of his darn cuteness and that''s when I got hooked
38.gif
2.gif

After 9 months of dating.. we started THE TALK. We agreed not less than a year, but around a year. *I could wait- semi patiently*

Well now it''s a year and 5 months of dating and I''m driving myself nuts. I want my ring!! I can''t remember how I found this site, but I''m glad I did, btw.

So tonight, I convinced the BF to look at rings for a while. We''ve been looking at them for the last month or so (actually I''ve been looking a lot longer, but he''s been coming with me to look for a few weeks.) Anyways, tonight, I found THE PERFECT RING. Perfect (for me).

It had all of my "wants" on my list: round, WG, 6 prong, certified, 3/4 ct + (this one was 1 full carat), cures world hunger-- ok maybe not that one, but ya never know! What else-- the price was WELL within the budget- right at the half point actually! The color was great and the diamond was clean! It was gorgeous. So pretty.... and MADE FOR ME! Oh, did I forget to mention the band was magically my exact size of ring?? That never happens! Most bands in stores or shops are around a 5-6. I''m a 6.5 - 7 depending on the season. This ring was a 7. Everything was perfect.

I drooled and whined a little (jokingly).
28.gif

I''m driving myself nuts!! I want my ring. Of course, I CAN wait... but knowing that we''re on the same level and have been through so much in a year and a half and have not only survived but became stronger makes me want to get my darn ring and start my darn life with him!!

Arg!! I don''t want to push whatsoever, but that is THE perfect ring (to me) that could come from THE perfect guy (to me).

Thanks for listening. I''m going crazy.
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
I understand how hard waiting is - I waited, and waited, 6 months the ring was in his posession, but he was waiting for the right moment, and trust me, waiting really was hard, but it was so worth it in the end.

I do realize this is a diamond site, however, you should be excited about starting your life together, not just THE RING. You said several times in your post that you want YOUR RING... Do you think it''s possible that''s why you haven''t gotten it yet? If you focus so much on just getting the ring, you''re missing the big picture of what it symbolizes.

I''m not trying to be harsh, so please don''t take it that way. I''m just letting you know the impression you gave was that you''re more focused on the ring itself, rather than the promise that it holds for the two of you.

Best of luck to you.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Silly you use your dust to help others.
2.gif

Then when you think it could really be time ask us for dust and we''ll send you some.
1.gif

At least I think that''s how it works.

I''m glad you found us too. Sometimes it''s so hard not to talk about rings/engagement all the time with your SO and this gives us a few other people to talk to so we don''t annoy our guys too much.

My SO and I haven''t even looked at rings yet (I''m going with my sister in 2 weeks just to see if there''s anything I thought I like that looks totally wrong on my hand) I''m sure when I get to that point I''ll be just as anxious as you are. Just take a deep breath and try to relax and enjoy the relations ship you have with your guy....easier said than done, I know but that''s all the advice I have.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the previous two posters! What you could do is tell him about the ring in a nice way and then let him take over and be hands-off. Easier said than done but the best way imo.
41.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
As tough as it might seem it''s really up to your guy. It seems you''ve expressed to him how much you want to start your lives together. I would definitely say that you should talk about that more than the ring itself.

You''re in a pretty good spot. He already knows what ring you absolutely, unabashedly LUST after, so if he can''t get that one, he''ll try damn hard to get one that''s close to it. So don''t worry about getting something you don''t like.

Now that he knows that, just focus on what kind of life you guys would have together. That''s the best part of the whole engagement process, IMO. It''s not the pretty rock on your finger, it''s what it means. And that is: "I''m going to marry the most INCREDIBLE man in the world!"

Chin up, and stay patient :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
personally i think you might want to calm down about all of it. i mean it''s only been a year and a half, what if he decides he needs more time? you''ll drive yourself over the line, seriously. just focus on your relationship.
sorry to be blunt but i dont want you to feel so anxious if it might be a bit longer.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Well it sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Be patient, he has started looking so that is GReaT! Best Wishes!

Thank you for all of the responses
1.gif
I had to write a post here so i wouldn''t be talking to him about it! I''m trying to lay off now. I know he''ll buy it when he can and wants to. It is definately about me wanting to be about him, but I am also excited about the ring. I''ve told him over and over again that if it would be any easier, I''ll just take a plain band!! I don''t care! He always responds that he would rather get me something that I really love than something plain.
4.gif

Honestly, I just want him!!

Again, thanks for the responses, he helps being brought back to earth.
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results