shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust please...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband's cousin has been very ill for about 2 weeks now and had been in the hospital most of that time. At first they thought that she was having a psychotic episode because she was so disoriented, but just today they diagnosed her with viral encephalitis. She is only 26 and newly wed. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Also, if anyone has experience with this, we would appreciate hearing about them.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Much dust to you!

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers, dreamer xx

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, how awful. I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers for her.

DUST DUST DUST DUST

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust and healing dust to your family. I hope this soon pass over.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Dreamer, I'm so sorry --- your family will be in my thoughts.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
How terrible. I'm so sorry Dreamer. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Sending boatloads of healing DUST your way.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Dust heading her way Dreamer..hope she gets better soon.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
that's so sad to hear, so young and ready to start a new life. tons and tons of dusts sending her way~

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healthy dust for her...I hope she is better soon.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I know two women who went through this and in both cases the delay was in the diagnosis. One actually ended up in a nursing home with what her family thought was dementia. After being properly diagnosed and treated they each made a complete recovery. They were both in their fifties when this occurred. Lots of dust...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! How scary! She is just my older daughter's age. I can't even imagine. Will pray!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of dust.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Sending mega-dust your way.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
How scary-tons of dust her way!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you all dust..............I will remember you all in my thoughts and prayers.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Dreamer, I am so sorry. I will be praying for her.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dust dreamer!

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Oy, how scary, Dreamer. Glad they figured it out; hopefully that means she's on the road to a permanent and full recovery. *dust dust dust*

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
More prayers are being lifted!

aussiemel

Rough_Rock
Sending loads of dust Dreamer, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I should update for those of you who were kind enough to think of my husband's cousin.

On the bright side, she survived the worse of the illness as far as we can tell. She has no memories since the beginnig of OCtober, cannot remember how to count or tell time or read, but she can talk and converse and seems to be her usual self when she is lucid. Unfortunately, she is still in the hospital. She was on the mend, but relapsed severly when she was discharged to rehab. She has been diagnosed with an extremely rare autoimmune disorder where the immune system attacks the brain, rathen than other organs like with some other autoimmune diseases, leading to encephalitis. But the disease was only identified this year, and the doctors dont' know much about it or how to treat it yet. But hopefully she will keep getting better. The goal is for her to be home by Christmas.

So if you have any to spare, more thoughts and prayers will probably help!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is horrifying.

I'm keeping her and her family in my prayers. I hope she will be able to recover some of her abilities with time.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1323313589|3076721 said:
I thought I should update for those of you who were kind enough to think of my husband's cousin.

On the bright side, she survived the worse of the illness as far as we can tell. She has no memories since the beginnig of OCtober, cannot remember how to count or tell time or read, but she can talk and converse and seems to be her usual self when she is lucid. Unfortunately, she is still in the hospital. She was on the mend, but relapsed severly when she was discharged to rehab. She has been diagnosed with an extremely rare autoimmune disorder where the immune system attacks the brain, rathen than other organs like with some other autoimmune diseases, leading to encephalitis. But the disease was only identified this year, and the doctors dont' know much about it or how to treat it yet. But hopefully she will keep getting better. The goal is for her to be home by Christmas.

So if you have any to spare, more thoughts and prayers will probably help!

Oh my goodness, I missed this - how awful Dreamer :(sad
I'll be praying for successful treatment and recovery for a Christmas homecoming. I can't imagine what her husband is going through - my thoughts are with him, too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer,
I wish I had seen this sooner. I had it at 22. My brain swelled, I was in such agony. I had many spinal taps. I was at HUP for 3 weeks. It took me a long time to recover. I am glad that I got great care, and those that knew me, knew something was horribly wrong. I don't remember a lot of it. I just know I went in, feeling like I had the flu. My dad at the time was on the board at Chop. It's a long road back... Takes a lot out of you.. You know where to reach me... I will keep praying for her..

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I missed this thread when originally posted. Sending lots of dust to your husband's cousin. I hope she gets well soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending tons of ****dust**** to your husband's cousin!! Hope she makes a complete recovery Dreamer!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More dust for your cousin. I am glad she is through the worst of it and I hope she is on the road to a lasting recovery.

tyty

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Viral encephalitis can have varying prognosis. The 2 I saw, ended horribly. The patients survived, but the consequences were terrible. I am sending prayers to you and your family. Keep us updated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results