shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust Needed Here Too

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I am dog sitting and I left a spinel ring and my watch on the Holy Bible on the dresser yesterday. When I went to put them on this morning only my watch was there. As I see it, three things could have happened:
1. A ghost or spirit has taken it and will return it.
2. I knocked it over in a sleep state while looking for my alarm clock, but I checked the room this morning and did not see it.
3. The dresser is just above the height of the dogs nose. The dog had a history of eating rocks but recently ate one too big and had to have surgery to have it removed. It was discovered that the dog had a mineral deficiency and now takes pills. Could the dog have gotten up on the dresser and eaten the ring? She seemed normal this morning but rebuffed my interrogation.

Please, give me some dust for my lost ring. Thanks.

IMG_4173.jpg

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh no......

I have a beagle that does that stuff also...

Not to be a SA but you may have to follow that dog for a few days...

That is of course if you do not find it...

Prayers are with you :)

Most respectfully;

Dana

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dana, if the dog ate it, I just hope it passes out without incident. I can deal with the dirty aftermath, but I'd hate for her to have to have surgery again. I should stop by my place and get my large blacklight and turn the lights out in the room and the blacklight on. It has a very strong red glow under the blacklight, maybe I could find it then.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!! Dust indeed! Hope you can find it with the black light!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH no!! Not another lost jewel. I hope you find it. Lots and lots of dust. I'm not just terrified of pets, but of my five year old, who likes to steal small things. :o

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, NO-OO-OH! Can't believe it. At least you remember putting it on the Bible.

Who am I to give you advices? Two things, however.
1) Things disappear mysteriously, but ghosts rarely do it. If these are ghosts, they would eventually return things...
2) Can the dog's digestive tract be X-rayed? A ring with diamonds is pretty dangerous...

Oh, how I feel for you... I guess I have started a new epidemic...

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Her owner seemed to think earrings and rings were not things she would go after but "If she has no appetite tonight the guilt is your witness". I got the black light so I will use that. Except that my friend was telling me scorpions turn lime green under a blacklight and now I am a little afraid to do it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Have a big baseball bat with you for the scorpions. You gotta find that ring! Dust for you, KittyKitty, by the pile.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh..no! Dust... Dust... and more Dust. I hope you find your pretty ring.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
These things getting lost is just scary.

Really hope you find it. Glad it wasn't a burmese ruby (trying to find an elusive silver lining). Hope it just dropped and wasn't digested. Thing is, if the dog is back with the owner - the poo will be happening outside of your knowledge. The owner should save it? Just in case. Leaving it out in the backyard in the sun is pretty convenient till the scare is over.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sorry to hear of the disappearing ring; I'm hoping that it's either under the bed, under the dresser/table, behind the furniture or something similar where it can be easily found.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Just a suggestion: did you look between the mattress and the frame of the bed? Sometimes the bars or rails that support the mattress develop a little space, and if you accidentally knocked the ring off the bedside table, there might be enough room for a ring. I've found some amazing things in our bedframe :-o .

Sending dust that it turns up soon....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Herekittykitty - how is the dog doing? What is the progress? I surely hope you find your beautiful ring!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I came home last night with a black light and proceeded to thoroughly search the room. No luck. The dog was even hungrier and more animated then usual (when she ate a rock that got stuck in the opening between her stomach and intestine last month she was withdrawn and not eating). She ate normal and we went for our walk. Checked her poop and nothing. She woke up this morning and was again hungry and animated. She ate, we went for our walk and before I left for work she wanted to go out. I let her out and noticed the poop she was making was a wee bit sparkly. I went to check it out and it was indeed my ring. I washed it off outside with the garden hose and dish soap. I brought it inside, put it in a ring box and put it in my purse. It did look ok while I was washing it but I have not examined it with a loupe. Dog seems fine too.

Thank you all for the dust! It worked.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the successful, umm, retrieval. :-o I could make a few jokes about the loupe examination, but will refrain. So glad the saga has a happy ending!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... how about legally changing your name from herekittykitty to heredoggiedoggie? :bigsmile:

I am so happy for you! I never had a dog, could not even imagine an animal eating a ring... a Mahenge at that! Wow! Very, very glad that it is back.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an incredible story! So glad that you found your ring :appl: .

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a relief! I guess this is a reminder to dog owners not to leave sparkly stuff within reach of their 4 legged family members. :errrr:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
That's brilliant news! Congratulations! What an ordeal for you and your dog...! :shock:

and :lol: @ heredoggiedoggie....!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! The dog seems fine and the ring is unharmed so I guess it all worked out in the end.

A final question - I cleaned it with dish soap, but what additional cleanings do you recommend?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1310559638|2967941 said:
What a relief! I guess this is a reminder to dog owners not to leave sparkly stuff within reach of their 4 legged family members. :errrr:

I interrogated the dog and she launched a Bucky defense. Bucky was a doberman pinscher who ate my purse because it had napkins from Dunkin Donuts in it. Bucky swears he thought the purse was a donut. Abby has decided to use the Bucky defense and point out that I ate beef ribs on Sunday afternoon and the ring smelled of them.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you found your ring...but ICK at having to "retrieve" it! hehe I would consider maybe alcohol or something else to disinfect it, but I'm no gem expert re: your center stone and if alcohol is okay or not.

kt

Shiny_Rock
^^^what Tammy said! :knockout: I hope you can maybe soak it in some sort of disinfectant without damaging anything, given all the little nooks and crannies where the...uh...poop can hide. Seriously, i'm so glad you got the ring back but what an ordeal you've been through!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
:o :shock: :???: :lol: Oh my that is hysterical!!! Well i'm really glad you found your ring at least! What kind of dog is it?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1310588904|2968284 said:
:o :shock: :???: :lol: Oh my that is hysterical!!! Well i'm really glad you found your ring at least! What kind of dog is it?
Yellow lab.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yesssss!!! Glad to know the ring survived digestive juices and, well, all the rest!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Good to hear you've found it. That's one tough ring! I'm surprised the acidic stomach environment didn't damage it.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Post adventure and numerous cleanings later....

IMG_5169.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it just me, or does it seem to be even shinier now? :lol: :lol:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! Glad for the happy ending. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results