shape
carat
color
clarity

Dupe for this Tiffany Diamond by the Yard necklace?

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
8589B545-1DB8-44F1-811C-47313F202787.png 5E518B4E-6790-4A03-B91D-F5E0EE33F0A6.png
My fiancé bought me this lovely diamond necklace from Tiffany. I love it but it is obviously WAY overpriced because of the “Tiffany tax.” I’d like to return it and get the same one elsewhere, without making it custom. Any ideas where I could find it?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
If it were me, I'd keep it and love it. Returning a person's gift often hurts their feelings. It would be different if you hated the design, but since you seem to like it, I'd say keep it, love it and let your fiancee feel like a hero. That is worth waaaaay more than a few hundred bucks.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would just keep it as well. Is it overpriced? Yes. But he was ok buying it.

This is coming from a woman that got a pressure washer for Christmas last year....lol. He is excellent at practical. I would be thrilled to get something more traditionally romantic.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good inspiration for a future upgrade, the Y style is so easy to wear!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for keeping it! Must encourage your fiancé to keep the jewelry gifts coming. You can work on the value part later.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Yes to all of the above (unless there are some financial hardships that would be caused by keeping it). If it's a gift accept it graciously (maybe not look up prices online if knowing will be an issue for you), whether it's a Tiffany necklace or a pressure washer.
It's beautiful, wear it and enjoy!!

Last edited:

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to agree with the others.

Remember that for many men, buying jewelry gifts is tough. He paid the Tiffany premium probably because he wants the best for you---I'm sure he was well-intentioned and I would not rain on that parade.

He clearly wanted to please and he chose something that you love so he understands your taste--that is huge!

While I appreciate you are concerned about the Tiffany premium--enjoy the piece and wear it often.
It is a really pretty piece!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results