shape
carat
color
clarity

dumb question about stud earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
OK, I KNOW this will sound really dumb but here goes:

I have 2 pairs of stud diamond earrings, 1 pair just under a carat total, and my new pair is .81 ct each diamond.

I tend to be on the phone a lot, cell phone at home etc.

When I talk on the phone, I can feel the earring click or rub on the phone. No way to avoid it. A lot of times I'm multitasking and holding the phone with my shoulder so the stud really rubs the phone.

Is it possible to scratch the diamond on the phone? Could I damage the setting this way?

Edited to add, its a platinum basket set (low basket) with lapousette backs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think you can hurt the diamond but I imagine it''s possible to wear down a setting.

The real reason I am replying is that I wanted to ask you if you have pictures of these two sizes in your ear? I am trying to decide what size I want!
9.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I need to get around to taking pictures. I will do it soon, I promise! I hate how my ear looks because I gave in to the 80''s trend of multiple ear piecerings and regret it big time now. So I have 3 holes in my ear. 80''s was college for me and it was the big thing then. Aggg.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results