shape
carat
color
clarity

Dull three stone engagement ring - very upset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

subtleglamour

Rough_Rock
I have recently become engaged to a wonderful and generous fiance who allowed me to have my own ring made by a local man.

I went for three stone, but am so disappointed by how dull and glassy it can look sometimes.

I''d really appreciated your opinions about why this may be.

Specifications:

GIA
Centre stone RB
Carat weight: 1.22
Color F
Clarity VS2
Cut excellent
TOtal Depth 61.7%
Table size 57%
Crown angle 35.5
Pavilion angle 40.6
Pavilion depth 42.5%
Star length 50%
Lower half 80%
GIrdle medium to slightly thick
Faceted 3.5%
Culet none
Polish excellent
Symmetry excellent
Fluorescnece faint

and the sidestones:

both RB 0.75carat F VS2 Cut very good. polish and symmetry very good, fluoresenc none.
One says "clarity characteristics feather, cloud" and the other says "clarity characeristics: crystal feather"

Why is it not sparkling for me??

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Post some photos so we can see. The stone you posted specs on looks good from the numbers. Could your ring just need cleaning?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The specs of your center stone are very nice and it should be a very pretty diamond!!! I think swinggirl is on to something and you should get your ring professionally cleaned. When diamonds are dirty they don''t sparkle no matter how nice they are.

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone else about cleaning it. My appraiser once told me that diamonds'' surfaces are magnets for dust/film. Would love to see a picture!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I discovered that I needed to clean my diamond ring daily, or else it looked terrible. Be sure to keep the hand cream and suntan lotion off of it. Diamonds are carbon, and they attract carbon-based materials like oil.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto on the cleaning! Look into getting an ultrasonic machine, that should get it sparkling. In between a daily cleaning by hand isn't too much, in fact many of us clean our rings daily, diamonds can be grease and muck magnets!

Sparkle_Girl

Shiny_Rock
im not an expert but it might also be because it has faint florescence being an F ...... someone tell me if i am wrong please haha
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2008 5:34:27 AM
Author: Sparkle_Girl
im not an expert but it might also be because it has faint florescence being an F ...... someone tell me if i am wrong please haha
34.gif
No that won''t do it, very rare even strong fluorescence will cause this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results