shape
carat
color
clarity

Dry humor...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Never, ever underestimate the Love of a devoted Wife.

A very old man lay dying in his bed. In death''s doorway, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookie wafting up the stairs.

He gathered his remaining strength and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort forced himself down the stairs, gripping the railing with both hands.

With labored breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen. Were it not for death''s agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven.

There, spread out up on newspapers on the kitchen table were literally hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip cookies.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself toward the table. The aged and withered hand, shaking, made its way to a cookie at the edge of the table, when he was suddenly smacked with a wooden spoon by his wife.

"Stay out of those," she said. "They''re for the funeral."

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha.

Your post made me want to make chocolate chip cookies.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 3:04:31 PM
Author: elrohwen
Hahaha.

Your post made me want to make chocolate chip cookies.
Yumm
18.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL!! That''s funny!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like something I''d actually do, lol. Love it.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Ha!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
That''s so funny! Love it! I''d send it to DH but he''d say it''s mean. Ha ha ha!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
ive read this before, and it always cracks me up, but that poor guy!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
HAHA, Love it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I got a really odd sense of humor from my mom and dad, but we all crack up at the same things! Glad to see a few of you saw the humor.

A few people made comments about it being morbid, and I think if you make the first part a "real" story then it takes away from the joke at the end. I tend to read things like a story and don''t make everything personal. lol!

I cracked up at this and sent it to 14 people... only two responded
11.gif

My Mom: "Hillarious"
DH: "Nice, babe."

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
lol i thought it was hilarious :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Mahahahahahaha!!! Great!!
36.gif

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results