shape
carat
color
clarity

Drip dry or Wipe Dry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Again, just a fun question for the day.

How do you do your dishes?

Personally i buy a rack and air dry my dishes. But when its FI''s turn to wash dishes, he ALWAYS wipes them clean with a clean towel.

I was brought up in Asia, and everyone in Asia dries their dishes this way.

Fi was brought up in Australia and they always wipes the dishes clean. BTW, FI''s family (and sometimes FI) does not rinse the dihes so essentially he is wiping away soap on the dishes on to the towel. I find this really hard to believe since it means a bit of soap will remain on my dishes!! I always rinse before I use anything nowadays.
14.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s more sanitary to let the dishes drip dry. I''m pretty sure that restaurants are required to let dishes air dry for that reason. And not rinsing the dishes is just disgusting!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I wash my dishes in the dish washer. Saves time and saves water. When it comes up to the dry cycle I stop the machine and open it after a while to let the dishes air dry.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha ha! I have the same argument with my BF. I grew up in Asia too and we air dry our dishes but BF (American) wipes them with a dish cloth. Another big difference is probably the dishwasher. I never had one and have never used one. Most of my friends can''t live without one. BF''s family is appalled that we don''t have a dishwasher in the apt.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use the dishwasher for everything I can. We have some plates and bowls that aren''t dishwasher safe, and some things just won''t fit-I don''t want to use the whole top rack for 3 pots etc. Drying depends. I like things put away so sometimes it irritates me to leave them out to dry.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dishwasher for us. If it''s already been started and have a few things that won''t fit, drip dry...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 99-billion dollar diamond but no dishwasher.
Priorities, you know.

I usually let dishes just air dry.
But I will dry the good knives and nice crystal with a dishtowel.

I use a freshly-laundered towel every time.
We have a few dozen of them.

99% of the time I cook in cast-iron skillets since teflon fumes kills birds.
Those have to be dried on the stove so they don't rust.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Wow from the responses so far, it seems like most people would drip dry.

I have no dishwasher!!! I actually like doing dishes by hand. LOL

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 9:52:57 PM
Author: cindygenit
Please come to my house!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:22:29 PM
Author: swingirl

Date: 9/29/2009 9:52:57 PM
Author: cindygenit
Please come to my house!!
Hahah sure thing. I aint cheap though :razz:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Dishwasher with air dry at the end. Anything that isn't dishwasher safe is dried with a clean dishtowel.

One of my pet peeves is seeing a rack in the sink with dishes left to dry....Dry them already and put them away.
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I use the dishwasher, and then dry anything that didn''t dry completely on a rack.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 8:57:20 PM
Author: thing2of2
It''s more sanitary to let the dishes drip dry. I''m pretty sure that restaurants are required to let dishes air dry for that reason. And not rinsing the dishes is just disgusting!

Ditto, I hate tea towels ewwww and the not rinsing thing, lets not even go there I know other Aussies who do that as well *bleugh* SOAP ewww people you don''t eat it mmmkay

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
We use our dishwasher, but when I have things to wash by hand I let them drip dry. If there''s no more room for what I''m washing, then I''ll use a clean towel to dry some dishes with to put them away. I do rinse though!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Mostly drip dry (although since we moved in we can''t seem to find good towels, so that contributed to our decision to just allow everything to drip dry - all the towels are just for "show"! They don''t actually DRY anything effectively! We must have bought about 10 different towels from Bed Bath and Beyond trying to see if they would work any better and none of them actually dry anything - sooo frustrating.
29.gif
)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I do all my dishes by hand since i''m by myself. I mean, the pots have to be hand washed so I figure I might as well do the plate and utensils too. That and I only have like four plates so I would be constantly running an empty dishwasher! And yes... I drip dry, I don''t want to have to dry everything on top of washing it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
air dry

Isn''t it a waste of water to wash a towel because it''s wet?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I use the dishwasher. When there is more than the dishwasher can handle I let them air dry unless there is so much that I don''t have the space the sit them all around then I will dry them with a towel.

He doesn''t rinse? That is nuts. My mom taught me to make sure I rinsed the dishes really well. She said that if you did not it would make you have loose stools.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Everything that can goes in the dishwasher. Good knives, crystal and my grandmother''s china get dried with a towel. Pots, pans and anything else that did not fit in the dishwasher gets air dried.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 10:44:55 AM
Author: somethingshiny
air dry

Isn''t it a waste of water to wash a towel because it''s wet?
I do not wash my dish towel simply because it is wet from drying clean dishes. I hang it up to dry and re-use until the next time I am washing whites.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anything that doesn''t fit in the dishwasher either waits until the next time it''s loaded or we wash by hand and let everything air dry. I hate drying dishes with dish towels.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hand wash drip dry in the dishwasher. our dishwasher is a 22 yrs old virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results