shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies-

From many of the posts I''ve read on here, I know some of your really know your stuff when it comes to wedding dresses. So, I need your help. I found a dress that really I like on me because of how it makes me look, however it has pick ups and I don''t know if I want pick ups. I was almost ready to buy it, but I think I''d like to explore other options first. This dress (Paloma Blance 3609) has a lace bodice and an organdy skirt. Since I''m short and have a really large chest, it provides balance, draws attention away from my chest, and defines my waist so I look thinner and taller which is a HUGE plus. I always thought I wanted a plain sheath, or something all lace with a trumpet skirt. However neither of them look even remotely good on me. So, I''ve come to realize that I need something with an A-line and a fuller skirt (I never thought I''d in a million years want a princessy dress). I would really like some lace on it if possible, I really loved the lace top on the Paloma Blanca. So, can any of you suggest a gown I should try on? There are two Pricilla of Boston gowns that I love btw, but I think they may be a bit more than I want to spend (I''d like to keep it under 3k). Thanks in advance!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the dress for reference

You want something like this but without the pick ups, right sap??

sapdressmaybe.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Yup! Thanks for posting that for me!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one from Pricillas that I love.

4027.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one too, but I think I need more of a natural waist as opposed to a dropped waist.

3053.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
This one doesn''t have any lace, but it has the right waistline and skirt fullness. I love the first dress I posted that was all lace, but I''m fairly certain it''s too expensive.

3012.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i recommend marisa for great quality and reasonable prices (reasonable being relative in the case of wedding gowns)

marisa_sash.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
anotehr marisa, with lace

marisa_lace.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
yet another, this one more princessy

marisa_full.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
and all lace

marisa_alllace.jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
This may be a stupid question, but what in the world are PICK UPS? lol

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I guess the best way to describe them are kind of like "mini-bustles". They are the bunches of fabric on the skirt of the first dress
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Sap,
As someone who also thought she needed an a-line dress, I have to say that the dropped-waist aline looked significantly better on my than the empire or natural waist bodice. If you find one that''s not a drastic dropped waist, you''ll find that it makes you look loooooooooong. I''m a pear shape with a pretty big chest, and I looked fabulous in PB 3806. It''s a flowing, modified a-line with a halter bodice. Check it out:

palomablanca3806.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Ace, what does that all lace Marisa look like on the bottom and on the back? That looks very promising from the picture so far.

Hudson, thanks for the heads up. I''m headed out to what seems like the few remaining dress shops in the greater Boston area (not a true statement, but I''m starting to feel like I"ve been to too many!) today so I''ll definitely try the PB on. I''m worried about Halter''s though as they often look highly inappropriate on me.

What do you girl''s think of a dress with a shift bodice? A la the picture below. I keep coming back to it as the image i conjure up is very Jackie Kennedy/Grace Kelly, style icons I absolutely adore. I feel like it looks very classic- do you think it inappropriate for an outdoor summer wedding?

4011.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I love the lace ones that AceP and Hudson Hawk recommended. I''m a little biased though becasue my dress has a lace overlay. I do think those lace one pictured above are beautiful.

E B

Ideal_Rock
sap,

I tried on two gowns from Paloma Blanca that sound almost exactly like what you want. Gypsy also tried on one that might be perfect. I''ll post the pictures here.

Paloma Blanca 3565:

PalomaBlanca3565.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Paloma Blanca 3608 (it''s a back shot because in the front, she''s laying down and you can''t see her):

PB3608.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Paloma Blanca 3652 (has more of a sweetheart neckline, a-line skirt in silk dupioni):

PB3652.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 12:05:13 PM
Author: sap483
This one doesn't have any lace, but it has the right waistline and skirt fullness. I love the first dress I posted that was all lace, but I'm fairly certain it's too expensive.
This POB dress is gorgeous!! I tried it on and loved it! It is very flattering, but it is quite large (just so you know!) if that is what you want...then go for it!

I tried a few of those other dresses on...

Let me see if I can find my earlier thread... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dress-shopping-with-pics.69356/

I also agree that Marisa dresses are awesome for the price...PLUS you can get awesome deals on them through Netbride (I had them quote a bunch of them for me!).

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies-

I went dress shopping AGAIN yesterday. I tried on over 35 more dresses, and the PB that I liked a lot last time, and I STILL don't like any dress on me more than that one. There's something about it that just makes me feel like a bride and get all excited. So I think I'm going to stick with that one, pick-ups and all.

Hudson, I tried on PB3806, you're right it is very flattering. My mom and sister and the woman assisting me at the salon all agreed though that it made my girls look too pushed together. They liked how strapless dresses still provided coverage without covering me up too much. I loved the skirt though, it wasn't at all restricting like I had thought it would be.

Ebree- I was only able to find 3608 during my trip. It's beautiful! It didn't hit correctly on the waist for me though.

I also tried on several other gowns by PB as well as others- I happened to stumble across a few trunk shows, including Simone Carvalli and Jim Helm's new collections- they're gorgeous. There was a Sophia Tolli with the most amazing train, however unless I was getting married in a Cathedral with 4 little children walking behind me holding it, it was ridiculously inappropriate. I also tried on a Pronovias dress that was so fun, but really made me look like and ostrich. The only other one that I liked nearly as much as PB3609 is PB3603. It's gorgeous, and so classic.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the PB3603

3603_primary.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
October, what dress did you end up going with? I just looked at your thread and just wanted to say that you looked stunning in that first Barbara Allin.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I really like the first one you posted...if it calls to you, GO FOR IT!!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 2:16:17 PM
Author: EBree
sap,

I tried on two gowns from Paloma Blanca that sound almost exactly like what you want. Gypsy also tried on one that might be perfect. I'll post the pictures here.

Paloma Blanca 3565:
That's the one I was going to suggest. It is a BEAUTIFUL dress. I'm kinda regretting not buying it, honestly. It's got a dropped waist, but the ribbon really defines the waist and makes it look tiny, and the organza is so airy and light.

I really have to dig out my Rivini and try it on again. I'm thinking of getting another dress way to often.

ETA: What was the final dress choice?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I have until tomorrow to decide. The salon I tried it on at is willing to do the first dress at $500 less than the store I tried it on at- which is still $150 less than RK and Pearl''s Place. I''m fairly positive that I will buy it as I have not felt that way in any other dress (I have now tried on more than 70 dresses).

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
just thought i''d chime in here... it took trying on more than 200 dresses before i found one i was really into, so i feel your pain! don''t settle - you''ll find something you love. when''s your wedding?

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
How about this from Casablana?

linky

1790F_LL.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Casablanca''s are generally under 1k and can be customized for a small fee, like changing a neckline or fabric.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
hey sap...If I may...I think you''re going at this from the wrong direction...From experience lots of us here have learned that a dress that looks amazing on the model (and they all do, let''s face it!), can look like crap you you, and a dress that you''d never try on because it looks awful on the hangar can look fantabulous on you. Why not just go trying on, take photos and then post em here? Because it''s all moot until you/we can see that particular dress actually on your bod!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results