shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress is in!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My dress is here, and I thought I would show it off. I also tried on a couple veils with the dress and am still deciding.

I was in between sizes and ordered down based on the recs of my sales lady, and it is still too big!!! They pined it, but it kind of looks funny in these photos.

moniquefrontLTF1.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
A picture of the back, which I know is the part everyone loves

LTFweddingdressback.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is one of the veils I am considering, the simple veil.

moniqueLFTsimpleveil.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The lace veil I am considering

moniqueLTFlaceback.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely on you! I definitely prefer the simpler veil--I think it goes more with the dress and has the elegant simplicity look going for it. Congratulations!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I love your dress! Sooooo gorgeous!
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 9:50:16 PM
Author: ladypirate
It looks lovely on you! I definitely prefer the simpler veil--I think it goes more with the dress and has the elegant simplicity look going for it. Congratulations!

Thanks! You are the first person to like the simpler veil. But it is kind of not fair because I don't have front views.

ETA: Another options is the just have lace on the bottom of the veil.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
megumic - thank you!

Here is a pic of the lace veil from the front. The plain veil from the front does not rally show up in the pic I have or else I would totally put that up too.

moniqueLTFlacefront.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
O. M. G.!!!! You look gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! When that dress gets fitted for you, you are gonna be STUNNING!! That dress is amazing on you!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! Who is the designer and whats the style?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhh, i love your dress!

and, as for the veil, i like the lace but i don''t think you could go wrong with either! you are going to be a stunning bride!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Luckyeshe - thank you

Freke - This is was the motivating factor to me going out and looking for shoes. They wanted to hem it and I couldn''t let them because I didn''t have shoes. The dress is by Monique Lhuillier and it is from the Spring 2010 collection. I am guessing it is not a very popular dress because I can''t find many pics of it. I got it at a trunk show about 5 months back.

lulu66 - thanks. I know both veils will work great. I have to decide i the next couple days.

The other issue I have is filling out the dress. They were going to sew pads into it but I told them to wait. In these pictures I am wearing a push up padded bra. But I am having trouble finding one in my size with a lower back. I know one of my friends did not wear a bra on her wedding day and had wore silicone pads. I am trying to get a hold of her to ask her exactly what she did. I am looking into the silicone pads, not sure how they would work without a bra to put them into.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous on you already!!! When it''s fitted, it''ll look spectacular!!!!!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you look stunning, and it isn''t even fitted yet? You''re going to knock ''em dead!

Personally, I love both veils, but I think the non-lace fits meshes better with the dress''s personality. I feel like the lace edges weight you down on the sides. Both are beautiful, though. It''s a tough decision.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is one of my favorites on PS and I''ve been eagerly awaiting its arrival! I would go with a simple long veil, no edging or anything. I like the lace one but I''m not really sure it goes with the style of your gown. Your gown is more modern while the lace has a vintagey feel. You look wonderful in it though! Can''t wait to see your wedding pics with it all properly fitted.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It' beautiful Ltl, and you look so lovely in it!

The back is seriously amazing
30.gif
I do agree about the non-lace veil, I think it better suits the more modern dress.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the simple veil!!! it really compliments the dress so much more than the lace veil -- the dress is GORGEOUS!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
princessplease, thank you. I really can''t wait to see it fitted.

DearBudda: Thanks for the vote on the veil and the complements, it is helpful to get all the opinions.

Clairtek: What a nice complement, thank you. It might be awhile before it is fitted, I would not let them take in the hips too much, I want to wait until closer to the wedding. But having the top fitted will make a world of difference.

Yessie: Thanks for your vote as well. The non-lace vail is much less expensive than the lace one. I have already gone so far in this, that I don''t want to sacrifice style, but having something that is stylish and the least expensive of the options is nice.

violet: Thanks. With all the vote it seems people in real life like the lace veil and the PSer''s like the plain one, interesting.

I am going to write the sales rep and get a quote with the veil with the lace just on the bottom, and the plain veil if it was longer.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
You are going to look so incredible in your gown once it is tailored to fit! I prefer the veil in the first picture, I love the flower details and they are more delicate than the traditional mantilla lace.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the plain veil. The dress makes such a statement.

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
LOL - guess I''m odd man out. I actually like the lace veil better, because of the same reason everyone says about your dress in it''s elegant simplicity. I think the lace veil brings a "pop" to meshing the styles. Your dress is classic & elegant, I don''t think the lace makes it looks "vintage", I feltmy eyes draw to it as a pretty contrast to the clean lines of the dress. IMO only :) Gorgeous anyway you go.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Is the lace veil a traditional style gathered at the comb or is it mantilla style?

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
aww that''s a pretty dress! i love the design on the top with the criss crossing. once it''s fitted to you it will be even more stunning :D

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 10:36:34 AM
Author: Clairitek
Your dress is one of my favorites on PS and I''ve been eagerly awaiting its arrival! I would go with a simple long veil, no edging or anything. I like the lace one but I''m not really sure it goes with the style of your gown. Your gown is more modern while the lace has a vintagey feel. You look wonderful in it though! Can''t wait to see your wedding pics with it all properly fitted.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I strongly prefer the lace veil. I actually didn't notice the veil at all, until the first photo with the lace veil. Good luck with your decision!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dress is lovely, and I can''t wait to see it after the fitting. It reminds me of the classic simplicity of Carolyn Besettee Kennedy''s gown, even though the style and details are very different.

Personally I don''t care for lace trim with your dress -- although serious lace, such as in a traditional mantilla, might work because the contrast. I think you should go with a plain or satin-edged veil to compliment the viibe of the gown. http://www.veilubridal.com/bridal-veil-tutorial.htm

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
ilovesparkles - Thank you very much

Pink Tower - Thanks for the vote

Mrs.SE - no you are not, everyone IRL likes the lace with the plain veil being a close second

Clairitek - it is gathered at the comb

sweatpea&babycorn - thanks, I will be sure to show you guys pics at the final fitting

nkarma - Thanks your your input

lovesvintge - Thanks for your vote as well

VRBeauty - thank you for the complement, I am really going for a classic look (as much as you can). Thanks for the link.

So the veil with the lace all the way around is pricy. So I e-mailed the sales lady and asked for a quote for the lace veil with the trim just on the bottom (where the train is). I also asked if the plain veil comes in different lengths and asked for a quote for that. I will keep you all posted.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with the plain veil and substantial (not too fine/delicate) accessories - the dress is quite structured and I think anything too delicate will get lost.

Re the - ahem - bust issue, you can get silicone bra cups/pads that stick on and pull together with a clip between them. Perhaps that would work well? Especially since the neckline doesn't plunge too far at the front.

You look gorgeous in it!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 6:52:39 AM
Author: pancake
I would go with the plain veil and substantial (not too fine/delicate) accessories - the dress is quite structured and I think anything too delicate will get lost.

Re the - ahem - bust issue, you can get silicone bra cups/pads that stick on and pull together with a clip between them. Perhaps that would work well? Especially since the neckline doesn''t plunge too far at the front.

You look gorgeous in it!

Thanks!

I have a necklace I have in mind that fits your ideas perfectly. And my future SIL has all sorts of fun jewelry, and a headpiece I could wear. Thanks for the idea for the top of the dress!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I just love your dress. It is so elegant and classic. Did you see the dress the Princess wore this week for her wedding? Your dress reminds me of that in a way, although they are quite different. They both are so elegant, with no beadwork, etc. Very fresh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results