shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress for Friend''s Wedding...Which Shoes???

Which shoes do you like best with this dress?

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I have another suggestion - will post below!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Lovely Ladies...

I need your expert fashion advice! I''ve picked out a dress for my friends wedding in June and I need help with shoe!! The ceremony is outside in a beautiful garden next to a victorian house, and the reception is in a barn a short walking distance away (dirt floors!). So, I want shoes that are fairly sturdy since the ground will be uneven...and they have to be fairly comfortable becasue I probably won''t be able to take them off (dirt floors!).

Here''s some I found online that I like - help me narrow it down. Please feel free to offer suggestions, too!

three dresses three shoes jpg.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I voted #2... IF you think they are comfortable. If not, I''d go for #3, although you might get dirty feet from the dirt floor, despite having shoes on...

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
While I love them all, I think #1 would look best. #2 is too chunky IMO and #3 are nice but a little less dressy

Cute dress btw!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I''m afraid white shoes will get really dirty. I like the purple since they match the dress perfectly. What color and type of purse are you using?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both 1 and 2, so it''ll depend on how well they match with the dress colour wise. Do you have actual pictures by any chance?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think number one would go best with it.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Although I addicted to HEALS, I actually picked 3 because they looked the most comfortable and went with the "feel" of the dress (which is gorgeous by the way!). I like 2, but they are a bit chunky and a bit too matchy matchy for me. One would work well, but they didn''t look comfy to me.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I went with #2... I love the dress by the way!
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I like the # 1 with shoes with that dress. Just try to avoid the dirt though!!!
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1 the best, but probably #3 for the specific event. #2 looks clunky and very outdated to me
40.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
#1! I love the dress by the way. I have a few pairs of white shoes and they still look awesome after many wears.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
White shoes will get very dirty on a dirt floor. My wedding shoe heels are so covered in gunk I can''t wear them again (I got married in a garden, too. Thank God I bought cheapo Payless shoes for the ceremony, lol).

The white shoes are the prettiest, but the purple shoes will hide grime much better, and I think they might keep your feet a little cleaner given that they have a slight platform.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely #3 for the event. Super cute! I like #1, too, but you will regret forcing heels into a situation where they really aren''t logistically appropriate. Plus, the dress is very summery and clunkier shoes, in my opinion, are not summery.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I like #3 the best by a long run! Uneven floors will make heels more difficult. And I think they go with the style of the dress the best, which is gorgeous btw!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 1:10:20 AM
Author: tigian
I''m afraid white shoes will get really dirty. I like the purple since they match the dress perfectly. What color and type of purse are you using?
No idea on purse yet. I''m going to wear gold jewelry. I''m also thinking I''d like to find a crocheted shrug or wrap for if it gets chilly. Ideas??

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 1:12:06 AM
Author: kama_s
I like both 1 and 2, so it''ll depend on how well they match with the dress colour wise. Do you have actual pictures by any chance?
Sorry, not yet. I just found the dress on Friday at Anthropologie. They didn''t have my size so they are shipping it to my house...will have it in about a week. So I''ll take actual pics then.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all your compliments on the dress!! It actually looks soooo much better on than the pic I found. I can''t wait to get it!!

Yeah, I was kinda feeling that #2 were too chunky for the dress. I did like the purple, it didn''t feel too matchy for me cuz it''s not quite the same color and I liked how the wood heel balances it. But, yeah, I was thinking they were too clunky. Hmmmm...I do like ''em though. Maybe order them and see them IRL.

I like #3 too, especially for comfort reasons!! I really like the flower and I feel like it really goes well with the style of the dress. But, yeah, dirt will be close to feet!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results