shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream EC Ring is Here!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONgrats!!! it is stunning!!!!!! I am a milgrain fan!!!! So, i might be biased.

I am gunna try to be objective and look at the set that is presented.
When i look at the set, i feel that it needs to have the milgrain on the traps..
Why? the wedding band has milgrain. your 3 stone has milgrain everywhere except for the traps. for me, it doesnt flow as well. However, i can see the merit in having the 3 stone with the claw and the plain bezeled traps.

if it were my decision to make, i would choose to have it milgrained.

OMG, though- stunning set!!! congrats!!!

Thank you so much gregchang35 for your objective view. I am biased because I too love everything milgrained. Honestly I am teetering towards milgraining but I will live with it for a while before I do anything.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful beautiful ring! I don't think it needs anything added.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!!! Perfection!!! The diamonds are so full of fire and they look huge!!! What a stunning ring. I have no opinion on the milgrain- I think what ever looks best to you is what you should do and it will be beautiful what ever you decide. Congrats!!!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Congratulations

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CM, Congrats!. I Don't know much about EC but this one looks yummy!...:love:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Holy wow!!! What STUNNING details and blazingly white stones!!!! ❤️ ❤️
Congrats on your 40th anniversary, @Catmom! Wear in happiness and good health☺️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 40th @Catmom and your new ring is the cat's meow! :love:It takes my breath away. GORGEOUS. Congratulations on a stunning ring and on 40 wonderful years married to the love of your life. Lots to celebrate and so happy for you!:appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s another vote for the clean look, no milgrain for now. Then in a year if you still want it, get the milgrain and it will be like having a new setting.... another love at first sight event in a year : )

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
She’s stunning. I hope you’re staring at your left hand all day long.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!!!! Perfection!!! The diamonds are so full of fire and they look huge!!! What a stunning ring. I have no opinion on the milgrain- I think what ever looks best to you is what you should do and it will be beautiful what ever you decide. Congrats!!!

Thank you so much peppermintpatty! The stones are amazing in the FL sun.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CM, Congrats!. I Don't know much about EC but this one looks yummy!...:love:

Thanks DF!! We didn't either before we began this journey. I can't tell you how many we looked at before finding this one. We almost turned it down too. It looked so yellow in my jewelers showroom. Then we figured out that it was just mirroring her gold ceiling, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy wow!!! What STUNNING details and blazingly white stones!!!! ❤ ❤
Congrats on your 40th anniversary, @Catmom! Wear in happiness and good health☺

Aww, thank you so much maita13!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 40th @Catmom and your new ring is the cat's meow! :love:It takes my breath away. GORGEOUS. Congratulations on a stunning ring and on 40 wonderful years married to the love of your life. Lots to celebrate and so happy for you!:appl:

Thank you so much missy! I can't believe it's been 40 years already, plus we were going out for 5 years before that. Long time...….

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s another vote for the clean look, no milgrain for now. Then in a year if you still want it, get the milgrain and it will be like having a new setting.... another love at first sight event in a year : )

Ha, that's a good idea Jimmianne! Plus it will be so hard to give it back again. I need some quality time with it first, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s stunning. I hope you’re staring at your left hand all day long.

I am, thank you caolsen! Hubby keeps grabbing my hand too, lol. Then I have to clean it all over again.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stunning new addition to your fabulous collection catmom!
Congratulations on the wonderful milestones! I prefer the traps without milgrain but there is no hurry to decide.
Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, Michelle!!! :love: I love all the engraving! Even though I am a huge milgrain fan, I almost think there's so much engraving and detail in the rest of the setting that I might leave the trap bezels plain. It is very hard to decide not seeing it both ways, but I'd take a little time in deciding that. I have no problem with the shank meeting the traps the way it is. I had to look at my antique asscher ring, and it has milgrain on the side stones and around the diamonds on the shank and on the cross bars of the basket. But the rest of the setting is smooth and shiny, so the milgrain is a nice accent but not too much.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
624EA18B-834D-4896-9DDF-0710D76192DA.jpeg

I tried to add milgrain with my apple pencil because I got curious. Thought it was interesting how adding milgrain seems to make side stones more like part of the setting holding a center stone instead of the three stones being a unit across the finger...If that makes sense lol

Must add, this ring is so beautiful I keep coming back to look at it. OMG enjoy!

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stunning new addition to your fabulous collection catmom!
Congratulations on the wonderful milestones! I prefer the traps without milgrain but there is no hurry to decide.
Enjoy!

Thank you so much Bonfire! Hubby say Thank you too, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, Michelle!!! :love: I love all the engraving! Even though I am a huge milgrain fan, I almost think there's so much engraving and detail in the rest of the setting that I might leave the trap bezels plain. It is very hard to decide not seeing it both ways, but I'd take a little time in deciding that. I have no problem with the shank meeting the traps the way it is. I had to look at my antique asscher ring, and it has milgrain on the side stones and around the diamonds on the shank and on the cross bars of the basket. But the rest of the setting is smooth and shiny, so the milgrain is a nice accent but not too much.

Thanks diamondseeker2006! You are one of the people that I really wanted to hear from so thank you for your opinion. I wish I was good at photo shopping so I could see it with the milgrain.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
624EA18B-834D-4896-9DDF-0710D76192DA.jpeg

I tried to add milgrain with my apple pencil because I got curious.

Oh, thank you Jimmianne, that helps so much!!! I really like it with that milgraining……..urgh!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking Catmom!! What an amazing piece!

I have no idea on the milgrain, I bounce back and forth. In pictures I find my eye is drawn to the bezels which makes me think adding the milgrain would soften them and direct focus back to the center. However that is looking at it in pictures; jewelry viewed IRL captures the eye differently. When I think of it that way, I can see how leaving them polished is gorgeous and the better choice.

It doesn't matter. You have great taste and a refined eye, you will make the absolute correct decision!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking Catmom!! What an amazing piece!

I have no idea on the milgrain, I bounce back and forth. In pictures I find my eye is drawn to the bezels which makes me think adding the milgrain would soften them and direct focus back to the center. However that is looking at it in pictures; jewelry viewed IRL captures the eye differently. When I think of it that way, I can see how leaving them polished is gorgeous and the better choice.

It doesn't matter. You have great taste and a refined eye, you will make the absolute correct decision!

Thank you rainydaze! That's so kind of you to say. That's exactly my problem, bouncing back and forth. Now that I see the milgraining mock up though, I absolutely love it with milgraining so I think I have my answer. Now if I can just pry it off my hand and send it back....noooooooooo, lol.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thank you Jimmianne, that helps so much!!! I really like it with that milgraining……..urgh!

Gee, after seeing the milgrain added I think I’ve changed my mind. Sorry Mr. Catmom. It softens the bezels and really makes the center stone pop.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gee, after seeing the milgrain added I think I’ve changed my mind. Sorry Mr. Catmom. It softens the bezels and really makes the center stone pop.

I think so too!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the milgrain that @Jimmianne added. I think it looks beautiful without it, and it doesn't necessarily need it, but it would tie all the other elements of the design together. For that reason I would probably add it.
What a gorgeous ring!!! I absolutely love it. Congratulations on another beautiful piece!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the milgrain that @Jimmianne added. I think it looks beautiful without it, and it doesn't necessarily need it, but it would tie all the other elements of the design together. For that reason I would probably add it.
What a gorgeous ring!!! I absolutely love it. Congratulations on another beautiful piece!

I agree, luv2sparkle, it would be fine without it but when I saw the mock up that Jimmianne did, it made my heart thud.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results