shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to these 2 Stones. Would love your advice!

RC1

Rough_Rock
ok so I think Ive narrowed it down to these 2 and I am now having butterflies in my stomach which will mean sleepless nights until I purchase and see it for myseld.

WFlash is a 1.127Ct. Stone (ACA Cut). It rates 1.5 on HCA for $8800.
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2813915.htm (please copy and paste) The Iscope image is available there.

OR

JAllen 1.52Ct. (Excellent Cut). It rates 1.3 on HCA for $7300.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-SI1-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1512988.asp (please copy and paste).
Waiting on the Iscope image from Jallen.

Thank you to all who chime in.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far, I'm sticking with Christina's James Allen. Larger, good price, GIA 3ex, J& SI1 --still a great diamond! Not that the WF isn't, I'd just go with the JA here.

RC1

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I think Im with you. Just need to hear it about 10 more times in order to be sure!

I really appreciate it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: don't just rely on my opinion tho!! To much pressure on me :rodent: but wait for others to chime in too. You have a great diamond at a perfect price point in theJA. You can also upgrade as well with both companies, so that's always a factor for the future.

Hoping th IS pic looks good when you get it. Then...SEAL THE DEAL! :appl:

RC1

Rough_Rock
Will do. They take 3 days to get it to me. I think once I get I will share it with you all once again and pull the trigger. :roll: . I cant wait for all this to be over though haha. Too much pressure. Glad though that I found this site and have people like you give me an opinion. Don't worry this purchase wont lay on your shoulders, its all me :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
PHEW! I can sleep at night and not have nightmares I ruined your life or anything like that :wink2: tee hee

RC1

Rough_Rock
I like both of the ones you've showed me a lot actually.

I hear you on the tint on J color stones. It is why this is driving me crazy.

Do you see much difference in size between these two you showed me at 1.214 compared to the 1.5ct?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe it or not, I actually have a picture of 4 stones at 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, and 2.0 cts.

_466.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will add this, though. Some girls want size over any other quality. They want the biggest stone even if the color and clarity are low. Some are like me and want higher color and clarity and a smaller stone. I could be wearing a 2 ct. stone right now if I wanted, but instead I chose G VS1. A lot depends on her preferences, and if you aren't sure, it would help to know the size diamonds her sisters or close friends wear. For example, if they all wear 1.5-2 carat stones, she might feel funny having a 1.2 ct stone even if it is higher quality. On the other hand, if all her friends wear .75-1.0 cts., then a 1.2 is going to be plenty large. If you live in NYC or Beverly Hills, you may see a lot more big rocks. If you live in my small southern town, you don't see a lot of diamonds over 1.5 cts.

Think about these factors. It should help you decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results