shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to 3 stones...please advise-;)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
I think I am close to picking a stone what do you think of the following 3?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1120788.asp This one scores an 0.9 HCA

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1182083.asp This one scores 1.7 HCA

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1052817.asp This one scores 1 HCA

I know there is somewhat of a range so I am not quite sure if I should go down to the "I" color or not.....I have an "H" now and don''t reallt see color at all. Any insight is much appreciated!

Oh...another question....I am hoping to put my damaged stone (damged on the girdle with a chip) into a bezel pendant. Are chipped stones able to be set this way? It is a very small chip/crack but if repaired it will loose half it''s size.......so hoping to keep it as is and use as a pendant.

Thanks again.....

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never bought a I diamond before so I cannot make any comment on that other than what others' have said which is it is still in the almost colorless range. Other than that all three looks good but I prefer the first stone and I think JA grade it higher than the rest too by giving a smaller discount for PS members for that stone. :razz: It has the highest price after discount when before discount it was the 2nd lowest... But all of them are only different in price by $50, so very difficult to choose...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, welcome to Pricescope
1.gif

Can you get the ideal scope images from the vendor? The 1st stone is facing up bigger than the second stone. I would find out if the SI stones are eye clean?? If you don''t see color in an H, it is possible you won''t see color in an I either.

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
Thanks Skippy....what exactly am I looking for when I see the idealscope? When I see those images they all look the same to me:)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
Thanks Skippy. Shouldn''t they be ok if they are scoring excellent on the HCA or do you still think I need the Idealscope?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
HCA is just a rough guide to get rid of definitely none performing stones. IS or ASET images will really tell you how the stones perform.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All look like nice diamonds, as Skip says ask for Idealscope images for the diamonds. With the SI grades, check they are eyeclean to your standards.

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone......I spoike to James Allen and I should have the images by tomorrow. Will post for opinions!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 5:58:28 PM
Author: ilovedogs
Thanks everyone......I spoike to James Allen and I should have the images by tomorrow. Will post for opinions!!
Great news, we will stay tuned
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results