shape
carat
color
clarity

Don''t shoot me for asking, but how''s everyone''s holiday shopping coming?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I confess right up front there might be something wrong with me, but I LOVE to go Christmas shopping! I have things stored in the garage for years to come--when I see something for someone I buy it, to the point that I sometimes have three years worth of gifts for people stocked up. Plus, there are always things that are just perfect to get in bulk--last summer I ran across a batch of Waterford crystal Christmas tree ornaments that were marked down to $7 each . Now I have 10 of them! And I got the cutest embroidered dish towels with holiday themes at the end of last year (I think I have 10 sets of those too).

I do have to keep a list because otherwise I would never get it all straight (as a matter of fact when we moved we ran across a box of things that I had bought who knows how many years ago and never gave out... )

Yesterday I couldn''t wait any longer; I went out to the suburbs and started the "heavy shopping." Clothing items for the family, ideas that I put on my list throughout the year but hadn''t gotten yet, stuff like that. After a day at the mall I was exhausted (had to make three trips to the car to drop bags off) but now I am just DYING to start wrapping!!!

So, is anyone else deep into their holiday shopping or am I the only nutcase?

And if you have any great gift ideas please share!!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!!

I have a bunch of stuff for the kids, My parents are finished, DH is almost finished and I even bought a few things for myself.

I try to get my shopping done before thanksgiving and then only pick up last minute things after that. It works like a charm.

I went to Omega Sports last week and got about $200.00 worth of clothes (Life is Good (style) for ....(drum roll please) $27.00... WOOOHOOOO!!!! 4 pairs of pajama pants, 5 tank tops, 4 t-shirt, 1 long sleeve shirt and one took!!!!!!!!!! YES YES!!

I also went to a local art gallery and put this great peice that DH has been drooling over for months on Lay away.. I only have one more payment left. Then everytime we go to a bookstore and he says he wants the book, I go back later and buy it for him.

I ususally catch the end of season sales when shopping is too slow for companies, they put things on sale cause it is too early in the season to talk Christmas and too late for Back to school.. that is when the best deals happen...

I tooo Love to (sale) shop for Christmas, almost as much as I love to watch people panic when they don;t have everything they need, I get to enjoy the season.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you gals are way ahead of me! I have my shopping list together, and have ordered a few things online for DH, but that''s about it!

One thing I''m on somewhat of a desperate hunt for is a Christopher Radko ornament for my BIL and SIL...they love anything tropical and travel to St. Maarten every year, big Jimmy Buffett fans, etc. They also have quite a few Radko ornaments on their tree, I''ve noticed, and I would like to get them an ornament this year from the Surf ''N Sun line. Trouble is, I can''t seem to find anything online that isn''t backordered or already out of stock. I found one on ebay but it''s not their taste...it''s a huge pair of pink and blue flip flops and I was looking for a more Christmas-y but still beach inspired one.
9.gif
So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

I''m ordering Essie nail polishes online to create some little gift bags for the girls at my office--thought that would be fun--as well as a few of my girlfriends.

Oh! I just remembered (thanks DeeJay for bringing up the Christmas shopping topic--you jogged my memory) I need to hurry up and get Christmas cards!
6.gif
I like to have them mailed by Dec. 1st, and last year I basically depleted my supply without re-stocking for this year! I quit my retail career about 2 years ago, and ever since then I have not been on the ball about these things, lol! (Used to wait til the end of the season and stock up for the next year as soon as I knew how much of a discount I could get!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch - I have a friend who collects Radko ornaments and I get him one every year. Believe it or not I always find them at Filene's basement. This year the ornament I got him is a 50's style car with a Christmas tree tied to the top--soo cute! I haven't seen any in a beach theme, but they used to have an entire section of the downtown Field's (now Macy's) dedicated to Radko. You live in Chicago, don't you? If it's not too much hassle go to the 7th floor Trim the Tree shop and see what they have. Better yet, I'll take a quick trip over there tomorrow at lunch and let you know if they have anything like that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve started looking, that''s it. Don''t even have a list going...

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Hi Monarch64!

Try this website:

http://www.curiocabinet.com/

This is a local store in my area that has a HUGE selection of Radko ornaments. I just checked their website, and it looks like they have the collection you are looking for in stock. Good luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve gotten started too. I just love Christmas Shopping and already have a ton of things for my kids boxed and wrapped. I keep a list so I can remember what I''ve got them. I''ve also picked up some things for other family members here and there. yankee Candle had a huge sale a couple of weeks ago and I totally stocked up on Candle gifts.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Holiday wha?
No, but really I did buy my cards today. I figured they would double as holiday cards and change of address cards for friends and family. If I don''t send them now, they won''t have my new address and I won''t get any!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have some ideas running through my head, but I haven't purchased anything yet. Actually, I think I'm going to get fi on it this year since I did a lot of work last year picking out gifts for his relatives that I barely knew.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kellybell! Thank you so much for that link! I just ordered an ornament...will post pic below!

DeeJay, yes we are in the west burbs of chicago..brookfield to be exact. So we don''t get downtown too often, just on special occasions, ya know? Don''t worry about looking for me tomorrow, though I truly appreciate the thought--you are so sweet! So nice of you to get your friend his favorite ornaments yearly. I''ve been collecting Radkos for about 10 yrs. now--my parents began picking me up tropical themed garlands and ornaments on their bi-annual trips to Florida every year back when I was in college, so I have a small tree in our bedroom decked out with those now. It''s so fun to collect things like that, and to receive a fun gift every year that I don''t have to worry about returning because I love it!

sunsetornament.jpg

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Glad I could help!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotten the kids some things, but that''s about it. I need to get cracking!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Monarch, that ornament is just perfect given what you were looking for! (Of course now I need to drum up some other reason to go over to Macy''s at lunch.
2.gif
)

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
When I was growing up, my mom always shopped for Christmas gifts throughout the year. When I got married I tried to do the same and did for quite a while. Recently unfortunately, I haven''t found things throughout the year as much. I did ask my girls (14 & 12) the other day to give me Christmas lists. I like to be finished by Thanksgiving too because I can''t stand to be amongst the throng of people frantically shopping the closer it gets to Christmas. If anything, all I want to buy in December would maybe be stocking stuffer type gifts. I buy some things online, and like to get other things in more "boutiquey" type shops because the mall stores drive me somewhat crazy. Unfortunately, it seems those stores are where my daughters like their gifts to come from now. It was so nice the last few years because the 12 yr. old wanted mostly American Girl doll stuff and I could order it all online. Now she lives for Limited Too-lol.

I always buy my Christmas cards at the end of the previous year, so at least I have those. I''ve been thinking about at least addressing the envelopes to get that out of the way.

Those Radko ornaments are neat. I have a few. I didn''t know they have some with beach themes-may have to check that out for DH as he loves the beach.

I enjoy Christmas shopping too!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
You guys are going to laugh at me but I am obsessed with getting my 2 year old the new Elmo extreme toy. The one that is sold out everywhere and sells for $39.99.

I use to laugh at people who went for popular toys. And I''m NOT one to stand in lines so I need to find it online! And I won''t pay more than retail either.

So if anyone knows a site where they are selling it, please let me know!!!!!

I bought my soon to be 10 year old son his first digital camera, and inexprensive one. He has been begging for one and is going to be SO Excited.

We are doing scaled down gifts. We don''t really go crazy because I don''t want my kids to be spoiled. We tend to do only one big gift per child and then a few small items.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
assher---If you don''t mind me asking, which camera did you get your son? I have a soon to be 10 son too that would love one but I don''t want to spend $200 on something he might loose or drop if you know what I mean.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 7:26:02 PM
Author: Ellen
I''ve started looking, that''s it. Don''t even have a list going...
For someone who loves Christmas as much as I do, you''d think I''d be way ahead, but I''m not. I do have my cards for this year (I always buy them on sale after Christmas the year prior), and I just started making a list last Friday. Most of my family wants gift cards, so my shopping shouldn''t be too hard this year!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You guys start early. I haven''t even thought about it yet. Furthest I''ve gone is by a X-mas tree (fake) and start eyeing the ornaments. Presents aren''t gonna come until at least the after Thanksgiving sale.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results