shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your Ultrasonic remove soap scum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thelittleguy

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a used Sharper Image Ultrasonic Jewelry cleaner off of Ebay and was a little disappointed to notice that it doesn’t really clean any soap residue off of the ring. Is my cleaner not working properly or is this just the case with Ultrasonics?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What cleaning solution/recipe are you using? I have the Sharper Image ultrasonic and to be 100% honest it works like a DREAM. My rings come out so amazingly bright and sparkling....not a speck of dirt wedged in anywhere. Certainly takes off soap scum and much much more. I can''t rave enough about it. I bought ones for my best friend and mom as well last year for Christmas presents.

thelittleguy

Rough_Rock
I’m using an ammonium/soap jewelry formula. I’m wondering if the unit is not working properly as there is no movement in the water, only intermittent flashes on the pulse rate light. Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your help

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
It does not sound like it is working properly. It most certainly should remove soap scum.
My machine makes a buzzing sound, and the liquid kind of shimmies while it is doing its thing. I think you should exchange it for another- I think you got a dud.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
TLG, it''s definitely not working properly. There should be pulses of blue light that coordinate with a sort of buzzing sound and vibration of the liquid in the machine.

thelittleguy

Rough_Rock
Thank''s so much for your advice...I dropped by Sharper Image today and got a replacement that works like a charm...Thanks again for the info

Marlene

Rough_Rock
I heard that second hand ultrasonics are not any good. Is that true?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
LG,
They gave you a swap at the SI store for the one you got off eBay?!!
36.gif

Thanks,
Lynn

thelittleguy

Rough_Rock
Yea they did...My fiancee simply stated that she recieved the item as a gift and that it didnt work...they changed it on the spot...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results