shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your halo setting and pave band sparkle?

searchingforher

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I'm new to the thread but have spent soooo many hours reading incredibly helpful feeds here regarding halo settings and cushion cuts. I would have never known about or fallen in love with antique cushions were it not for this site. I've also practically memorized the websites of VC, LM, and SK. As they are a distance from me we visited local places and (like so many users) fell in love with the 2 Ct Harry Winston micropave "the one." The aesthetics are beautiful but as a scientist and researcher I would rather pay for craftmanship and quality but not for the name thus my interest in those names above who are so favorably reviewed here. I went to visit one..i supposed for politeness wont mention which..but I found the halo and pave band not very sparkly. We took it outside, and it was a cloudy then for what its worth, but i hardly saw any sparkle or fire, whatever you'd like to call it. I'm acutely aware of the zillions of LEDs etc in harry winston (thus tried to look at that ring in the corner with hand shading light lol) but regardless I was discouraged not to see any sparkles or fire. I guess I would have thought that even with cloud cover the setting should still shimmer?! Am I wrong?

Could anyone with a halo setting/pave band (like VC Emilya, LM Adrianna type ring, or an SK) comment on whether theirs sparkles. It's a ways to take the trip back and i'm finding that $3-4K halo settings in my city at shops seem to sparkle more. Is this possible? Based on the reviews I feel I should purchase from one of the 3, but I was hoping for more in person...

Thank you for a wonderful community with SO much amazing information!

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a halo but mine is a CVB Inspired Design (Caysie van Bebber) with a pave split shank, and yes, it sparkles!! They are high quality ideal cut diamonds (and all set exactly the same direction).

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My SK setting has bright cut pave with millgraining and yes it sparkles like crazy!

All of his rings that I saw looked amazing and were very sparkly and meticulously crafted. I will say that the plain pave, probably sparkled a little more when side by side (probably because of the diamond to metal ratios), but I am very happy with my ring and feel the millgrain suits the older feel of my center stone.

I also love chunky cushions, can't wait to see your finished ring! Please be sure to come back and share:mrgreen2: and congrats on your new ring.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The answer to your question is yes. Here's my VC Emilya w/ full cut melee on a sunny day:
IMG_3586.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my VC Emilya with regular pave and VC with single cut bright cut pave. The pave sparkles! Yet it's a different sparkle compared to the sparkle of a large diamond to my eyes: large flashes compared to the small flashes of the tiny stones.
IMG_4006.JPG IMG_4007.JPG IMG_4009.JPG IMG_4010.JPG

searchingforher

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your helpful replies! That's encouraging! Have others found that their VC Emilya's also sparkle as much or more than settings they considered at other places? I have certainly seen rings where the halo and band steal the show and others where the center stone does but we'd love both to really sparkle. I know the vintage cut will...just want to be sure this and will be on fire :) thoughts...?

searchingforher

Rough_Rock
My SK setting has bright cut pave with millgraining and yes it sparkles like crazy!

All of his rings that I saw looked amazing and were very sparkly and meticulously crafted. I will say that the plain pave, probably sparkled a little more when side by side (probably because of the diamond to metal ratios), but I am very happy with my ring and feel the millgrain suits the older feel of my center stone.

I also love chunky cushions, can't wait to see your finished ring! Please be sure to come back and share:mrgreen2: and congrats on your new ring.

Your ring is beautiful in your avatar could we see the effect of the millgraining w the halo? I would love to see a couple pictures of your beautiful ring!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! No problem, I will try to upload some photos but I am a terrible photographer.

fullsizeoutput_1855.jpeg
To show the overall spark compared to center stone.

IMG_1073.JPG
Closer shot of the halo with millgrain

IMG_1077.JPG
Profile shot.

My photos don't do it justice, I am very happy with the outcome.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry the photos are so large, I couldn't figure out how to make them smaller

searchingforher

Rough_Rock
Woweeee ❤️❤️ I love it!! It looks gorgeous thank u so much for showing me. Going to show my gf this pronto I really really like the style thank you!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you.

Be sure to come back and share your progress and pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results