shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your DH know your sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I gave DH a print out the first year we were together of my sizes - underwear, clothes, shoes, gloves, hat and ring sizes in UK/US and European sizes.

I update it once in a while...

So far he has only bought me a gorgeous silk nightdress and robe when he was on a business trip to NY.

But I have noticed he keeps the list in his wallet!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I asked FI last night if he knew my sizes just to see if he did.

He said, yeah you''re like a 6/8 right?

I''m a 16.

And this is why I don''t allow him to buy me clothes ever. Can you imagine the waterworks if he came home with a size 6 pants and expected my large self to fit into it??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
heck *I* don't even know what size i am half the time, why would he?!!? he would go off of 'looks' as he has done in the past and he gets pretty close but it just depends on what it is. i am different sizes in different designer's clothing....aren't we all??? measurements OMG that is hilarious. i bet if he rattled that off to a gal in a shop she'd give him a *look*.

it is VERY sweet that he wants to help you find a coat or maybe find you the right coat, etc... but i am with Addy and whoever else who said, why is it really an issue that he knows? obviously he knows what you look like since you guys are married and he sees you all the time, dressed up, dressed down, dressed in nada at all *wiggles eyebrows*.... so is it a big deal that he knows #'s or sizes?? they are just numbers.

greg got me a SCALE that does body fat readings for my birthday this year. yeah...i guess most gals would freak out. at first i was like wtf... seriously?? but the darling boy said...well you are so into working out and being healthy that i thought it'd be fun for us to weigh ourselves and keep track of our body fat so we can see changes. fun...hehee.

poor thing didn't realize that i purposely didn't have a scale because let's face it...most women and scales are not friends because even if your smallest jeans DO fit....you can still have a complex about what the number is. scales are evil and most of the time they are also INACCURATE. secretly though i think he was concerned about his newly formed love handles thanks to my love of baking...and wanted to keep an eye on those rather than anything having to do with me.
5.gif

so anyway, now i have this totally souped up probably fairly inaccurate body fat scale in my bathroom and we weigh ourselves on it once a day. so he knows what i WEIGH, my BODY FAT *and* my water hydration levels. it's actually a really cool scale, and i am glad to see i haven't gotten too OCD about it, because i do know how not-accurate these types of things are in general. my weight fluctuates 4-5 lbs a day. but it does help to see if we are going up or down consistently. anyway i digress from my original point which was....

just be glad he didn't get you a scale with body fat & hydration readings that ALSO suggests how many calories you should be eating. it's fun times i tell you......let him get you the coat!!!!
3.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Yes he does. And even more scary, he can guess my exact weight by looking at me. YUP, by looking at me. A few days ago, I said to him, "Baby, I gained a bit a weight" and he said "You way about 110 lately, it''s not that bad." Bleh. And then a few days ago he said I was 108. Which I was. Kind of scary.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 7:23:31 PM
Author: Deelight

Date: 12/1/2008 6:44:16 PM
Author: Skippy123
My hubby and I have been together going on 12 years and married almost 9 yrs and he doesn't know shoe nor cloth size. I know his size though; that is funny, I have not thought about that!!! I am going to ask him tonight to double check but I am sure he would be clueless if he went shopping for me. Ah, that is the sweetest most romantic thing, Deco! Tell him; it would be sweet to see what he gets you, ahhhhh, too cute!
30.gif
What a guy!
36.gif
36.gif

eta: I just called my hubby and he knows my sweater size but not the other sizes.

When I asked he said you wear cute sizes, oh brother, silly guy. hehe

Smart boy, I like that answer.

I think my FI knows but like other girls I vary on top to bottom and from store to store frustrating as hell
LOL, thanks Deeligh, I think he is a keeper.
41.gif
I vary too and it is frustrating finding a dress sometimes.
14.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I just asked DH and he said, "Oh, it''s always different," but guessed the two sizes I''m usually between. As for my shoe size, he guessed a full size larger. He said in his defense, he knew it contained "a half."

I know his shirt and shoe size, but I''m clueless on pant size. He''s crazy tall, so needs a different inseam than most men.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, I don''t even know who to quote, there are so many accurate observations in this thread ... so I''m going to stick with referencing Iwannaprettyone and Mara. Like IWPO''s SO, my husband knows my shoe size and my bra size: in his own words, he could get the top and bottom, but I''m the one who''s going to have to get everything in between. In his defense, he did point out that vanity sizing and my, um, unique measurements mean that hard figures would be more use to him than going through the "2-4-6-8. Who do we appreciate? Fill in the company of the name!" routine that I go through every time I shop.

Which brings me to Mara''s point ... I think that one of the reasons that companies get away with so much crap *is* because we''re so hung up on "being" 10''s or 4''s or (god help us all) 0''s, as opposed to just being happy and comfortable with ourselves regardless of our stats. I''ve been teaching about Jayne Mansfield this week (a YA class with the Weetzie Bat books - it''s a thing), and one thing that''s always struck me as sad is how, a) her audience underestimated her, and b) how, as a result, she sort of underestimated herself. Mansfield had an IQ of 163. She spoke 5 languages fluently. She played the flute and the violin. But, in her own words, when talking about the roles she chose, and what her audiences expected, she said ""They''re more interested in 40-21-35." Those numbers should have been pointless - instead, they were mesmerizing, and not just on a personal level, but on a *national* level. Oy.

While I doubt my husband will ever step foot in a store to seek out a top with a circumference of however many inches (and, I don''t think he''s realized that women''s sizes mean that he''d need to carry a tape measure), will I give him the numbers? Sure. If I hate letting the system define me, I sure as hell would hate to consider my husband a part of the system ....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the great input pals!!!! And MARA, where the heck have you been lady?? **airkisses & cuppies**.

UPDATE

Turns out it wasn''t about the practical warm coat.
26.gif
But once I started to *think* it was the coat he USED my coat-lust to try to get the size scoop out of me.
3.gif
Actually he''d read some article where a gal was talking about finally finding a place that sold sexy dresses that fit her fuller figure and he was
30.gif
at the idea of "sexy dresses" and all-of-a-sudden realized that if he *bought* me "sexy dresses" or skirts or underthings etc that I might actually WEAR such items.
20.gif
LOL!

He showed me the site in question and I was a bit
4.gif
so I turned him onto a couple of *other* sites that are more "my style".
31.gif
Anyhoo ... mystery solved. I ordered my own d*mn coat today once I found a 30% off & free shipping code from Eddie Bauer & GUESS who piggybacked on my coat order -- YUP, DH muscled right in on the sale-coat action.
2.gif
At least we''ll both be warm if not super SEX-AHHHHH.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 11:08:34 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
how the heck are ya Deco, feel like we haven''t ''spoken'' in ages.
35.gif
Hello LADY! I know! I''m hangin'' in there. BTW - Saw your silver graduated beads in person at Tiff''s this past weekend. Still lustin! HowaYA??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is sweet. 8 years and DH doesn''t even know my shoe size. He actually asked me not that long ago if I had fake nails. I have NEVER had fake nails
20.gif
totally clueless. Haha.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I just asked DH if he knows my sizes. He said, "WHOA, is that ever a loaded question!!! How hard are you going to hit me if I answer wrong?!?!"
20.gif

Well, he did eventually answer, and he WAS wrong, but in a good way! He thought I wore a Small to Medium in shirts, etc. (I'm actually a Medium to Large because of "the girls" as he so affectionately puts it), and he guessed my dress size as 6 (it's actually somewhere around an 8, depending of course on the freaking STORE, and don't EVEN start me on the size discrepancy issue!!!
29.gif
). He thought I wore a size 6 shoe (wrong . . . 7.5 to 8) and he thought my bra size was about a 32D (more like a 36C or maybe a D). So, evidently he thinks I'm wee tiny with disproportionately huge boobs! LOL!
9.gif
19.gif

Deco, I think it's so cute that your DH wanted to buy you clothes! It's sweet when they take an interest in what we wear and what they think would look good on us. BUT, I told DH that I would NEVER want him to buy me clothes, because he would almost certainly come home with the wrong size, due to no fault of his own (again, the size discrepancy issue that I'm NOT going to get started on!!!). BTW, I have to admit . . . nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, will ever induce me to tell him what I weigh!!!
32.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2008 6:01:07 PM
Author: Mara

so anyway, now i have this totally souped up probably fairly inaccurate body fat scale in my bathroom and we weigh ourselves on it once a day. so he knows what i WEIGH, my BODY FAT *and* my water hydration levels. it''s actually a really cool scale, and i am glad to see i haven''t gotten too OCD about it, because i do know how not-accurate these types of things are in general. my weight fluctuates 4-5 lbs a day. but it does help to see if we are going up or down consistently. anyway i digress from my original point which was....

just be glad he didn''t get you a scale with body fat & hydration readings that ALSO suggests how many calories you should be eating. it''s fun times i tell you......let him get you the coat!!!!
3.gif
yup, soon or later.....those cupcakes will show up on the scale.
rotflmao2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Tell him what coat size you wear! He''s probably being sweet and trying to surprise you. I would think my fiancee would know my sizes, but I haven''t asked him. When we go shopping together, he sometimes picks up things he knows I''d like. We went to Ross once and I picked up a pair of shoes I wanted. We had split up to shop separately and when we met back up, we were holding the same pair of shoes. He thought I''d like them so he picked them up, in the correct size and everything! I put the pair I''d picked up back since I was happier to take the specific ones that he had picked up:)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think he does. But he could always check if he wanted to, we share a closet and I don't cut out my tags or anything. Plus he does the laundry and usually deals with the dry cleaning. Shoes size, I doubt he knows it, but again he could check in a heart beat. He doesn't buy me clothing or shoes though, and I wouldn't want him to. Even a coat. Control freak that I am I don't like anyone picking clothes or shoes for me, and he knows it from the semi-annual returning things to the store days following my birthday and holidays (because my family still buys me clothing and shoes). I do buy him clothing, and do know his sizes... but in pants he's a hard one to predict, so I usually stick to sweaters or shirts for him if I'm shopping solo. Shoes, I buy for him because he's a PITA and doesn't buy them for himself when he needs to.

I'd buy the coat myself, Deco. *shrug*

The measurement thing is just a freaking riot though. Seriously. That's just great
9.gif

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
My husband knows all of my sizes. Size in heels/formal shoes, tennis shoes/sneakers and flat shoes (7.5, 8.5 and 8). Size in jeans, slacks and skirts (5, 1, 3). Dress size (3/4 and requires waist alterations), swimsuit size. Bra size, panty size (28D, medium 5/6). Height, weight, bust-waist-hips and thighs measurements (5' 4", 124, 35-23-37, 25).

The only thing he doesn't know is my ring size. He bought my ring in a size 7 (because I told him that was my size), but it was way too big. All he knows it that it's been resized three times and when I asked him just now if he knew what my ring size was, he said "something really tiny" (5.25).

As for his sizes.... I know t-shirt and waist (medium, 32). I don't know jean length because it depends on the jeans, shoes because they vary between 10 and 12, and I don't know dress shirts because I don't buy them for him: the neck never fits without the shirt being big enough he could go skydiving in it.
3.gif
Big neck, big chest, big arms, tiny waist = "parachute shirt".

And I don't know his ring size because it changes all the time. It goes between an 8.5 and a 9.5, but it fluctuates practically weekly! Loses a pound, down it goes. Gains a pound, up it goes. Runs a lot, down it goes. Pumps iron, up it goes.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Jeez, I barely know my size! Shoes are a 10 pretty reliably [not that all 10s are comfortable! LOL!] Clothes? Small is a pretty good bet. Then, again, maybe I need a 4, or 2, or 6? And don''t get me started on the designers that have not done the size deflation thing . . . 8, 10? 36, 38, 40, 42, 44 [which country version of size are these guys using anyway?]. Jeans? Don''t even think about it. [Of course, we also have the "am I up 10 lbs. or down 10 lbs. issue]. And then, the rings . . . I have the knuckle is bigger than the finger thing going so I''m into arthritic shanks [unless it is a wide ring, of course!].

I don''t think poor DH would dare buy me anything where there is a low tolerance for error without having me try it on first! Poor guy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results