shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your collection reflect your personality?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LittleRed started a fun thread https://www.pricescope.com/communit...family-on-one-hand.248029/page-6#post-4527100 it got me thinking do your jewelry collections reflect your personality, moods, desires etc?

Some people's bling that stands out to me (and I hope I don't offend anyone! or tell me to remove the mention!)

@JPie delicate, romantic
@MakingTheGrade bold, unconventional
@elle_71125 vibrant, fun
@mrs-b classic, intentional
@yssie refined, elegant

I don't have a collection really but what I do have I'd characterize as eclectic, low maintenance, and a bit sentimental. Which I'd say are pretty accurate about my personality too :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else see a "bling personality" in their collection(s)? :kiss2:

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@bludiva There’s so much awesomeness on that thread. Some of the family collections look so well matched; like they could all be worn together and be completely cohesive. Others clearly have wonderful color schemes going on. Others look completely eclectic with a different feel/mood with each ring. I love them all!

I’m looking forward to what people have to say about their ring family and personality.

Mine’s still developing. I like antiques as well as simplicity. I’m curious to see what I end up with as I begin to collect.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So interesting to read your post, @bludiva. And it was really curious to hear your description of my collection. 'Classic' is the one major goal for every purchase I make; I want things that will look great in 10, 20, 50, 100 years, so I go for great workmanship and nice, clean lines. Not too many bell and whistles - just nice, clean pieces that I think are beautiful, and won't date.

And I have to say, of the women you mentioned, you are right on the money! Hugely perceptive!

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So interesting to read your post, @bludiva. And it was really curious to hear your description of my collection. 'Classic' is the one major goal for every purchase I make; I want things that will look great in 10, 20, 50, 100 years, so I go for great workmanship and nice, clean lines. Not to many bell and whistles - just nice, clean pieces that I think are beautiful, and won't date.

And I have to say, of the women you mentioned, you are right on the money! Hugely perceptive!

Glad to hear I didn't irk you with my comments ;-) Your pieces are not just classic but so well thought out as a group imho. :love: So interesting to think about jewelry as self-expression!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaw...thanks @bludiva ! I think you described me pretty well. Lately, I've been getting into antiques and I'm becoming more of a size whore. :lol:

I'm going to stop by the bank this weekend so I'll try to take a family shot then.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite the opposite! I'm very set in my ways and I know exactly what I like, personality-wise. But my jewelry collection has everything: color, white metals, antique, modern, huge, tiny, even Swarovski crystal and a whole bunch of fakes. I can't think of any jewelry style that I don't have. Which is funny, because personality-wise I hate change and love routine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my collection represents my personality perfectly. Romantic and passionate. My diamonds have old cut charm with swoonworthy facets. My black opal is ethereal and magical. And of course my love for antiques matches my old soul completely. I was born an old soul.

oldsoul.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my collection represents my personality perfectly. Romantic and passionate. My diamonds have old cut charm with swoonworthy facets. My black opal is ethereal and magical. And of course my love for antiques matches my old soul completely. I was born an old soul.

oldsoul.jpg

yes! and missylicious! :lol-2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Vibrant and fun”

What a delightful way to describe my collection. :dance: That definitely put a smile on my face.
I would say my personality reflects my collection. I have a real zest for life. We all live the daily grind with work and responsibilities but jewelry is my favorite way to express myself. It’s definitely where my quirky side comes out. :P2 I’m very shy in person, except with my close family and friends...which is one of the reasons I never go to the PS events. :confused2: That being said, the real me is like a 5 year old (the word according to my husband). :lol:

Life is short...have fun with it. :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Vibrant and fun”

What a delightful way to describe my collection. :dance: That definitely put a smile on my face.
I would say my personality reflects my collection. I have a real zest for life. We all live the daily grind with work and responsibilities but jewelry is my favorite way to express myself. It’s definitely where my quirky side comes out. :P2 I’m very shy in person, except with my close family and friends...which is one of the reasons I never go to the PS events. :confused2: That being said, the real me is like a 5 year old (the word according to my husband). :lol:

Life is short...have fun with it. :mrgreen2:

@elle_71125 you are a breath of fresh air and very loved here. Fun, vibrant, colorful, beautiful and full of life. Definitely describes you perfectly (from what I know of you here on PS and IG).

And haha we have something in common (besides being shy and not going to events with lots of people if you can help it) if you ask my dh based on what your dh said. :P2 because the 5 year old in me is always popping out :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 you are a breath of fresh air and very loved here. Fun, vibrant, colorful, beautiful and full of life. Definitely describes you perfectly (from what I know of you here on PS and IG).

And haha we have something in common (besides being shy and not going to events with lots of people if you can help it) if you ask my dh based on what your dh said. :P2 because the 5 year old in me is always popping out :lol:

Bahahaha, glad to know I have a 5yr old soul sister out there. :P2:lol-2:

You're one of the best @missy and I definitely agree that your personality is reflected in your jewelry. Romantic, sweet, sophisticated yet comfortable, and truly one of a kind. :kiss2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With no collection, I hope 'missing' or 'empty' does not describe my personality... lol :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will very happily take "refined and elegant" @bludiva - what a darling compliment!! :kiss2:

I should confess that for me @m-2-b 's collection inspires adoration and envy in just about equal measures :geek2::kiss2::cool2::mrgreen2:

For a while I was determined to spend the most on "staples" - pieces without overly-specific look and feel that one could wear in a variety of settings with a variety of outfits... Well, I got my "staples" and then hardly ever wore most of them! :mrgreen2: I do love my "classic but generic" studs and engagement ring, but bracelets, other earrings, bands, other ornaments... personality and flair always win.

I've definitely had some expensive learning experiences along the way :mrgreen2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will very happily take "refined and elegant" @bludiva - what a darling compliment!! :kiss2:

I should confess that for me @m-2-b 's collection inspires adoration and envy in just about equal measures :geek2::kiss2::cool2::mrgreen2:

For a while I was determined to spend the most on "staples" - pieces without overly-specific look and feel that one could wear in a variety of settings with a variety of outfits... Well, I got my "staples" and then hardly ever wore most of them! :mrgreen2: I do love my "classic but generic" studs and engagement ring, but bracelets, other earrings, bands, other ornaments... personality and flair always win.

I've definitely had some expensive learning experiences along the way :mrgreen2:

one of my favorite things i've seen on PS are your briolette earrings. refined - yes. elegant - yes. but also a little edgy!

yeah all these ladies above have collections that are TDF and there are so many more than those first few that came to mind... i just love seeing all the variety :kiss2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big 2nd on the briolette earrings @yssie! Wow in its finest form!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read a comment by @yssie today that reminded me of this thread. Since I think this thread was fun and it needs more love, I'm reviving it.

I'd guess the following based on their collections:

@voce Whimsical, bold, & eclectic
@CSpan Classy with a touch of flair
@Rfisher Elegant & purposeful
@DK Fun & adventurous

Feel free to come and tell me how far off I am... :lol:

If you want to play: Pick a fellow PSer, whose collection you love, and take your best guess at their personality. :mrgreen:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like someone to take a guess at mine. :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think @DS2006: understated elegant, classic and classy with a touch of whimsical, old school (in a good way), thoughtful, deliberate, detail oriented and caring.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 I really struggle to see myself as whimsical. I think I am actually a mix of spontaneity and structure. I am excited to 1) collect a wide variety of gems, 2) put gems together in a way that makes them look good, and 3) curate/catalog my collection to be like a mini-museum of sorts.

I'm someone who gets bored easily. Hence the eclecticism, because I want to try lots of styles. I believe that variety is the spice of life. This is why I like to imagine my gems as representing other things, like cats or butterflies or flowers. I love creating pieces with my own unique touch, whether that "touch" is in the selection of color or how the gems are arranged/set.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 to me, the style of your pieces hints at a feminine flair and glamour with restraint. I think the bright intense colors and the cute furbabies in your "collection" speak to a spirit of joie de vivre.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bold comes to mind for me, as I don't like small dainty delicate pieces.

DK :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 I really struggle to see myself as whimsical. I think I am actually a mix of spontaneity and structure. I am excited to 1) collect a wide variety of gems, 2) put gems together in a way that makes them look good, and 3) curate/catalog my collection to be like a mini-museum of sorts.

I'm someone who gets bored easily. Hence the eclecticism, because I want to try lots of styles. I believe that variety is the spice of life. This is why I like to imagine my gems as representing other things, like cats or butterflies or flowers. I love creating pieces with my own unique touch, whether that "touch" is in the selection of color or how the gems are arranged/set.

At least I got eclectic right. :lol: Variety really is the spice of life...and I love how you use it. :mrgreen:

You have a few animal / insect rings. Are you an animal lover?

@elle_71125 to me, the style of your pieces hints at a feminine flair and glamour with restraint. I think the bright intense colors and the cute furbabies in your "collection" speak to a spirit of joie de vivre.

What a sweet comment. :love: I do think I have a great joy for life and my fur babies are a huge part of that.

Bold comes to mind for me, as I don't like small dainty delicate pieces.

DK :))
I almost used bold for you too (that new flower ring-pendant design comes to mind). :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOT collection???? (I am so far behind I think I am ahead....:P2

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.
What I buy is nothing more than what I want.
Nothing I own "means" anything.

IMO all that personality garbage is cooked up by ad agencies on Madison Avenue to manipulate us into buying stuff.

Buy this and you'll be cool.
Buy this and you'll be sexy.
Buy this and you'll be feminine.
Buy this and you'll be younger.
But this and you'll be successful.
Buy this and you'll be manly.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

No product demonstrates this more than cars and trucks, from hybrids to Dodge Rams.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results