shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your age sometimes take you by surprise?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love going to then to support a friend and to share their excitement. It's those games for bridal (and baby!) showers that I detest. No, I don't want to guess who bought you those panties. Blech.

Yes! Those games are awful!!! Haha

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy seeing the excitement in a young person’s eyes when they’re engaged and looking forward to the future. I know I’m such a dork..

I agree, and I feel this way about gender reveal parties, which everyone seems to hate. I haven't been to one, because all my family and friends had completed their families before the parties became a thing, but it sounds massively exciting! I'm always dying to know if it's a boy or girl when someone I know is having a baby, and I think having a reveal is fab!

It's a pity there's always such negativity about others' happy events, such as bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, and gender reveals. I remember when I got married, one ex-friend was clearly disgruntled because her boyfriend of many years hadn't proposed. A few years later, they did get married, and she savored every moment of it. So I guess it was OK for her to get married, but not others. I feel there's a lot of negativity about these life events, but the people being negative sure are all happy-happy when it's their turn!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really am only invited to bridal and baby showers for people I love, so I enjoy going! If I were invited to a random one for someone I am not close to, I would not feel obligated to go. Fortunately many do not do games at all.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was young, someone told me that once you it 25, the years fly and they did. I tell people that it's because up until then, you have milestones (graduations, license, drinking age, ability to rent a car, etc.) that always seem far off in anticipation. After that, other than retirement (which always seems far off), there are only the age milestones you don't want. Hence the years fly before you know it. We need more happy-"look forward to" milestones to slow down the aging process :lol:

I'm in my early 60's and while it's hard to admit, I look at all the uncertainty and craziness in the world and glad I'm not young. Other than a few grey hairs, the biggest concession to age is that I can't multi-task as effectively as I once could. While I talk/think a lot about retirement, mentally I'm not quite there yet. On the other hand, taking care of my parents over the years has made me realize how short life really is and the need to enjoy/treasure every day while you can.

Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
When I look at the hand and neck shots I posted on PS a few years ago vs the ones I just took, then I feel like I aged.

This. So. Much….

and every year, time seems to fly by faster and faster. And my skin…. Sigh. I keep wondering where all the time has gone - and why my brain hasn’t caught up with the chronology of passing years.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t believe Im 46! For years, every birthday was my 29th! Ha.
The reality is, though, I appreciate my wisdom for life now compared to my younger years. The few wrinkles around my eyes don’t bother me, yes I have aches and pains that I didn’t have when I was younger but I’m quite fit and active still. I am thoroughly enjoying my young adult kids and looking forward to the future! All in all, I’m quite happy!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My firstborn woke up at 6am this morning, to drive 1.5 hours (by himself) to start his internship at UCSD (Research on Autoimmune diseases and cancer)....sniff sniff. Boy, what a milestone...a college kid waking up at 6am during summer break!

Then I realized, even my "kids" are adults now! Wow :)

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone here.
I can’t believe I’m 53.
The colleagues I work with are half my age or less. But I gotta admit they inspire me and keep me on my game.
I also find the older I get, the more juvenile I behave. And I’m enjoying it so much.
If I could talk to my younger self, I would tell her to lighten up, have more fun and wear sunscreen every damn day and double it up on cloudy days!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results