shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Yoram cut melee?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for ideal cut melee (1mm to 3mm) of the OEC variety, colorless. Does anyone know if Yoram cuts such small stones to order.

Thanks all.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIRC he (or the staff at Gemconcepts) cuts stones to c.3mm - @Matthews1127 has her mini-asschers for her eternity band cut by him!

Whether he cuts smaller... I don't know!

I shall use the power of Pricescope to call forth the man himself :D lol

@diagem!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @OoohShiny - I don't know what c.3mm means. Greater than?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @OoohShiny - I don't know what c.3mm means. Greater than?
Apologies!

c. is shorthand for 'circa' - so 'about' 3mm :))

I may be using it slightly incorrectly - I think it's used more commonly in terms of historical date approximations!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it! Sorry - I thought it was c.3 mm - I was wondering if it was like X - where X is unknown....cause, goodness knows, I don't know! :mrgreen: However, we shall see what the magic of PS brings forth!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie order 2.6mm baby OECs from Yoram for my light yellow antique cushion halo.

Thanks, @diamondseeker2006 - that's really helpful. I have this totally random .645 ct E VS2 OEC I bought from Jon - and now I have no idea what to do with it! If it were .8 or larger, I'd make it a 3 stone, with the 1-2-1 proportions I like for smaller center stones. But 5.5mm is just too tiny for that.

I might sell it, I suppose, but what a bore.... :rolleyes:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ordinarily say that size stone would be good as a cluster pendant, but you already have a magnificent set of cluster pendant and earrings. So I'd probably say to sell it since it is way smaller than your other main pieces.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @diamondseeker2006 - that's really helpful. I have this totally random .645 ct E VS2 OEC I bought from Jon - and now I have no idea what to do with it! If it were .8 or larger, I'd make it a 3 stone, with the 1-2-1 proportions I like for smaller center stones. But 5.5mm is just too tiny for that.

I might sell it, I suppose, but what a bore.... :rolleyes:
A nice pendant if you have a little lady in your life that you could start to mould to the PriceScope way? :D lol

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ordinarily say that size stone would be good as a cluster pendant, but you already have a magnificent set of cluster pendant and earrings. So I'd probably say to sell it since it is way smaller than your other main pieces.

Yup. I think you're right. I do want something smaller. Just not *that* much smaller.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe Yoram may be able to help! If not, he may be able to direct you!
Good luck!! Sounds like a small, but fun project!!!
:kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoram provided me with 1.50x1.50mm French Cuts to add to the sides of my three stone French Cut ring, so I'd say yes, he will provide very small stones.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
David Klass has sourced me some 3mm OEC melee for my new ring. Not sure if you would consider asking him :))

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
A nice pendant if you have a little lady in your life that you could start to mould to the PriceScope way? :D lol

Or, you know, a nice pendant for a little ME in your life :lol::lol::lol:. DO give a shout if you end up selling (I know, boring).

But from all of my custom projects stalking, it seems Yoram has cut quite a few melee-sized stones. The only question is whether his will do it on request for a private individual (rather than for DK, Caysie, etc.)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto re: DK sourcing melee OECs. He did that for me for my by-pass ring, which you have seen @mrs-b. It was even his (or Amy's) idea.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoram provided me with 1.50x1.50mm French Cuts to add to the sides of my three stone French Cut ring, so I'd say yes, he will provide very small stones.
Pics!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's hard to get a decent photo of them with my phone and in my office but I think you can make out the two tiny French Cuts

french.jpg
They look great! :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain -

Would you mind posting a photo of your by-pass ring here and also letting me know the size of the OECs? That would be no end of helpful! I'm sending myself insane trying to work out what to do with this .64 AVR!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b
Here is a photo. I honestly don’t know the melee size but Amy can probably tell you. They are graduated. What are you thinking of doing with it? FYI my two OECs are about .50 each. So smaller than your stone. Are you thinking of a bypass? How about something like that gorgeous diamond and emerald one with a square cut colored stone?

2B4AF418-646F-424E-96D4-D8E958DE1010.jpeg

77EEACD9-AD84-4343-A102-6A90A8143A6A.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Lookinagain you remind me these sprouts! WWW

A line of graduated YF OMCs (.01 to .645 cts) twirled around the finger like that would be nicer than just about anything else I can think of now not limited to jewels...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain you remind me these sprouts! WWW

A line of graduated YF OMCs (.01 to .645 cts) twirled around the finger like that would be nicer than just about anything else I can think of now not limited to jewels...
Some awesome work on that Instagram page!

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain -

Apparently Yoram doesn't cut OEC melee. Was your OEC melee on your bypass ring from Yoram, or was it just something David sourced? I'm wondering if this is a service Yoram used to provide, but now doesn't?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I suspect that the product are suites rather than mere melee... Although it has happened that such a set of diamonds cut to model, have been lineups of identical diamonds...

Just my guess

@diagem

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain -

Apparently Yoram doesn't cut OEC melee. Was your OEC melee on your bypass ring from Yoram, or was it just something David sourced? I'm wondering if this is a service Yoram used to provide, but now doesn't?

the OECs in my bypass were sourced by David. Yoram did provide the tiny french cuts to add to my three stone French cut ring but perhaps that was because he knew all along I was concerned about the finger coverage of the 3 french cuts (I'd asked for a larger center but he didn't have the rough at that time) so it's possible he did it as a special favor given the history of my purchase.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the OECs in my bypass were sourced by David. Yoram did provide the tiny french cuts to add to my three stone French cut ring but perhaps that was because he knew all along I was concerned about the finger coverage of the 3 french cuts (I'd asked for a larger center but he didn't have the rough at that time) so it's possible he did it as a special favor given the history of my purchase.

Got it. Thanks, @Lookinagain.

I've decided to go a completely different direction with my little AVR, which will involve having a second one cut and using both of them as sides. So, in a roundabout way, problem solved.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect that the product are suites rather than mere melee... Although it has happened that such a set of diamonds cut to model, have been lineups of identical diamonds...

Just my guess

@diagem

Thanks for the suggestion / info, @AV_ :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results