shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Windex get the soap scum and greese off the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiggerlgh

Rough_Rock
If so I really need to try that? Will it hurt my setting at all?

Thanks!

Abazias

Rough_Rock
You can soak your diamond ring in half water and half Mr. Clean. The best thing to do is use an old toothbrush to scrub below the prongs. Many people clean their jewelry but do not clean underneath were the light shines through the stone. I have never used Windex but I swear Mr. Clean does the job right.

Happy Cleaning!
Felicia
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing 'gets' the soap and grease off the stone but you scrubbing it...Windex works for me (I use it daily), Mr Clean and water is recommended by jewelers as well. I've soaked my ring in Windex, nothing does the trick like soaking and scrubbing. Only use something as harsh as Windex if you have platinum as it may eventually eat away at WG or Gold.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
When I saw the word "Windex" in this post, I just had to take a peak. For those of you who saw the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". the father of the bride carried a bottle of Windex around with him and used it for EVERYTHING! The movie was hysterical and highly recommended!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Yet another reason for me to get a platinum ring!
2.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Lesley,

I do agree!!!!!!!

lolol

Trichrome
2.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I thought of the very same movie
And laugh when I recall
How they carried around that windex
Certain it was a cure for all !!!

(including diamonds????!!!)
twirl.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
my jeweler also recommended using plain ammonia. of course the smell might get to you.

just my "big fat japanese $.02".
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love using the Windex esp after seeing that same movie! It's an appropriate cure all for anything remotely wrong with the ring!!
1.gif

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Windex... Yup works great on my ring... Also works for pimples, the gout, tennis elbow, and makes an awesome aftershave...

Michael...

Another BFGW Fan...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results