shape
carat
color
clarity

Does WhiteFlash do rose gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking of getting a WF setting for my Malaya instead of an LOGR. There''s some beautiful delicate settings that I''m interested in, but I don''t know if they do rose gold. Do they also sell the mounts without the stones because I hate sending my stone through the mail.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know they will mount your coloured gemstones into their mountings. They have done so for my coloured gemstone earrings. As for the rose gold, I have no idea. It's best to just ask WF.

ETA
Oops, I didn't read your post correctly. I don't think WF sells just the mounting without setting it for you.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:48:54 PM
Author: Chrono
I know they will mount your coloured gemstones into their mountings. They have done so for my coloured gemstone earrings. As for the rose gold, I have no idea. It''s best to just ask WF.

ETA
Oops, I didn''t read your post correctly. I don''t think WF sells just the mounting without setting it for you.

WF set my sapphire, which was sent directly from Jeff White to WF. I do recall, however, a discussion with Lesley regarding buying a stock setting for another project I was thinking about....I am in Canada, and it would have been easier to have the mount sent to me here and have someone local set it.

I *might* be mistaken as to how they do things there now, but I seem to recall that I could purchase just a mounting. But the liability would be on me as to correct size for the stone, etc etc. Which seems reasonable....

Give them a call, I''m sure they can clarify for you.

LS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 12:44:23 PM
Author:tourmaline_lover
I''m thinking of getting a WF setting for my Malaya instead of an LOGR. There''s some beautiful delicate settings that I''m interested in, but I don''t know if they do rose gold. Do they also sell the mounts without the stones because I hate sending my stone through the mail.
Just ask them, I requested a certain piece be done in YG instead of WG or plat and they were able to accomodate me so always worth asking.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 12:58:41 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/3/2009 12:44:23 PM
Author:tourmaline_lover
Just ask them, I requested a certain piece be done in YG instead of WG or plat and they were able to accomodate me so always worth asking.
Yellow gold is pretty common so I would expect that WF would be able to accomodate that easily. Rose gold, however, is not often requested. I guess TL just wants to ask around before contacting WF directly. Sort of like, testing the waters.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 1:02:12 PM
Author: Chrono

Yellow gold is pretty common so I would expect that WF would be able to accomodate that easily. Rose gold, however, is not often requested. I guess TL just wants to ask around before contacting WF directly. Sort of like, testing the waters.
Exactly Chrono! Thanks for everyone''s input. I will contact them.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I want to know what they say! Good question!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it's considered custom? Great find, Shimmer!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL, WF does work with rose gold. They quoted me a price to do my chrysoberyl in rose gold halo with miligrain. I''m currently working with Bob and he''s a sweethart!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have to ship your chrysoberyl to him, or is he just going to send you the finished mounting?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to send it to them, insured and well wrapped. I think it''s going to be fine.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
TL which setting are you thinking? Or something custom?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
TL, we do have the ability to make a setting in rose gold. It typically costs a bit more because the metal mix is different and there aren''t a ton of sources.

Whether or not it would be custom really depends on how you wish to do the setting. For example, in KT''s scattered rose gold band, she didn''t change the design at all so it was semi-custom as opposed to custom. Custom pieces aren''t refundable/returnable, but semi-custom pieces can be returned less the restocking fee.

With respect to selling mountings only, we do so for most of our settings. If the setting is a "Whiteflash exclusive", the website usually denotes that the setting won''t be shipped without a diamond set into it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results