shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this pad have a window? Yet another question :(

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Looking at it from the site it looks like just glare from the lights. Is it possible it is just bad photography, or a cleverly hidden window? While I am very happy with my oval pad this stone may be a bit more promising because of its cut. I don't know if I should bother going to NYC to see this pad.

upload_2018-9-13_13-18-54.png

Side view
upload_2018-9-13_13-32-51.png

Culet view
upload_2018-9-13_13-33-26.png

Thanks in advance!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks kind of wonky to me. I'd ask for more pictures (preferably hand shots) so you can verify the presence (or lack) of a window.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like a window to me. Most vendors will photograph stones looking their very best. I think this vendor most likely would have re-taken the picture if the stone didn't have a window. The cut definitely looks wonky, like elle_71125 said I would request more photos if seriously interested.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Strange cut and I think it will prove to have a pretty substantial tilt window at least, if not a full blown window.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I can guarantee that is a window. How would I know, you may ask? From the culet view, the depth of the gem (defined as the "height" from the table to the culet divided by either the length or the width of the gem, whichever is larger) is only 40-50%. For a sapphire to not have a window, you would need a depth of AT LEAST 60%. It's probably somewhere nearer 62-65% than 60%, but I am no cutter and would not know the exact depth required. This stone is definitely too shallow to not have a window.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Yup it's wonky, it's from NSC after all. I asked for some more pictures. Still waiting for a reply.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I got my answer and sure enough, it is a huge, terrible window. I mean the stone is see through, can't see the slightest color window. The rep tried to hide it by zooming far out and putting it on her fingers. Nice try :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results